I am building a colonial red stratocaster, and would like to make it look as legit as possible... Would I be able to draw the Fender logos and spec.s that you would normally see on a licensed stratocaster; with Sharpie- then spray clear coat over it to ensure that it will not rub off?
Rock N' Roll isn't just a genre of music. It's a way of life. If you fall; get the hell up, brush off, and keep rockin!
I've done it before, looked decent, clear coat works well. I forget what kind of marker I ended up using the second time around, maybe a paint marker? It was a darker and more consistent black. Sharpies tend to have brighter and darker spots and a weird tint so they won't look accurate.
it might be quite tough getting sharpie to do nice thin letters.......anyway they work ok, just when you clear it to go to thick with the first spray or else the ink will run
I never really get why people would want to draw the logo on. I for one would be much prouder to show others a guitar that I made and had my name or something on it than a guitar i made and tried to pass it off as something it isn't. You're making something unique, keep it that way instead of trying to pass it off as something anyone who had the money could buy. Just my opinion.

If you put the logo on use decal paper, youll never get it looking good with a sharpie
Boxing Kangaroo Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
Quote by Aussie_skater
I never really get why people would want to draw the logo on. I for one would be much prouder to show others a guitar that I made and had my name or something on it than a guitar i made and tried to pass it off as something it isn't. You're making something unique, keep it that way instead of trying to pass it off as something anyone who had the money could buy. Just my opinion.

agree 100%....all the guitars I have made or even ones I have just bolted together get "my" logo. Was jamming with a whole bunch of guitarists a while ago and they said what the hell is scythe guitars?? never heard of them but they look friggin cool ...I was kinda proud
yeah, about all that- I carved the headstock, and there's next no room to put a logo... maybe on the back? or try to somehow engrave it on the neck plate? As of now, I have moved on from the fender headstock -and taken a different approach... now the headstock is slim and almost razor like... the guitar will be called The Razorkaster...
Rock N' Roll isn't just a genre of music. It's a way of life. If you fall; get the hell up, brush off, and keep rockin!