I have this problem with my Boss Chorus ensemble CE-5, i got it used a while back, its almost like it has No battery life, i use it push it on it does its thing i turn it off then i go to use it again it has no effect no lights no sound no chorus, if i take the plugs out then put them back in it works again but does the same thing, i take out the battery tongue test it battery has life in it, i have done this with 2 batteries (Alkaline 9v and heavy duty by Rayovac) if there is a brand of battery i should be using let me know, i dont want to have to use the wall charger thing, if you know whats up with it let me know with how im gonna fix it

Thanks ahead
You should take the input jack plug out every time you have finished playing.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Did you say it works with a 9V adaptor, but not batteries?
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
well it works with batteries just doesnt want to stay working with batteries, it will work with the adapter im not sure if it works 100% but im sure it does i will have to test that in a bit.
Quote by b56748
I have this problem with my Boss Chorus ensemble CE-5, i got it used a while back, its almost like it has No battery life, i use it push it on it does its thing i turn it off then i go to use it again it has no effect no lights no sound no chorus, if i take the plugs out then put them back in it works again but does the same thing, i take out the battery tongue test it battery has life in it, i have done this with 2 batteries (Alkaline 9v and heavy duty by Rayovac) if there is a brand of battery i should be using let me know, i dont want to have to use the wall charger thing, if you know whats up with it let me know with how im gonna fix it

Thanks ahead

This reads like a new battery goes flat after one use. Is this right?

Does the battery get very warm?
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
uh i never noticed it gets a little warm but that could just be my hands