Hey friends,
I am relatively new at guitar, 5 months actually. I am d
I am struggling to make a smooth transition from G major to a D major. I do my G major with 2,3 and 4 fingers, not 1,2 and 3. I have been practicing this relentlessly for months and still when the pressure of a staying with the rhythm of a simple song I screw it up, thus killing the momentum.. Any suggestions on finger positions etc? Thanks.

I am playing an acoustic guitar:
Yamaha fg 375s
Alvarez Yairi DY91

Thanks
Andy
You're doing it fine, you just need more practice. Don't rush it, just keep practicing at a speed where you can do it until you feel really comfortable then try working it in to a song.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Pretty much as Zaphod said - just keep practicing. I remember when I started playing, that it took a long time to learn new things, especially new chords and chord changes properly. It really is just a case of time. Even now, I now that first time I play a new song I won't have it down properly, but go back to it a day or two later and it's a lot smoother.

Personally, I use fingers 1, 2, 3 & 4 for G, and 1, 2 & 3 for D, so the third (ring) finger doesn't move (320033 is the actual G chord I play).

Keep it up, and it'll become smooth Good luck.
I just love your blog.Thanks for posting it.i have something that someone comeback again…Best software house in Pakistan.there is a lot of useful information a person can get from here…Graphic DesigningI must say,well done...i visited it daily,what a colourful blog it is....colours attracted me a lot....i visited it daily,what a colourful blog it is.... a very decent and nice blog...i like it so very much...
Quote by mianasad1126
I just love your blog.Thanks for posting it.i have something that someone comeback again…Best software house in Pakistan.there is a lot of useful information a person can get from here…Graphic DesigningI must say,well done...i visited it daily,what a colourful blog it is....colours attracted me a lot....i visited it daily,what a colourful blog it is.... a very decent and nice blog...i like it so very much...

Silly bot, you don't belong here; this is people space!

*reported*
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Try grabbing the chord shape in the air and come down on the strings together, play it very slowly and isolate each movement, precision is the key my friend!
Keep at it!