Hello,

This is my first post, so please bear with me......:0

(you can skip the intro and get to the question by scrolling to the ***)

I have just started getting back into playing a little after a long hiatus (amateur player...used to gig regularly for years) ......

Lost most of my gear many years ago due to theft and now have started to acquire again (GAS)...

Lately, I have picked up the following:

Amps:
1966 Super Reverb
1969 Twin Reverb
1971 Princeton
90's Mesa Nomad 55

Guitars:
LP custom
Jackson USA soloist
Tele Deluxe (USA)
Strat (USA)
G&L F100
Ibanex Vandenburg (first series)

Effects that I picked up off the 'Bay, but have not been delivered yet:
Boss TU-3 (not an effect, but listed)
TS9 Tube Screamer
Boss DS-1
Boss SD-1
Boss MT-2
Big Muff
MXR micro amp
Boss CE-2
MXR 90

****i am looking for recommendations for delay (both analog and digital) and for compression...

I used to have an AD80/DD-2/DM-2.....and liked that at the time.

I don't want to buy a lot of gear to evaluate...just want to buy a couple good quality units that don't suck tone and sound great....

From surfing internet product reviews, I was thinking of the Maxon AD999 pro/DD-3/whampler EGO.....

Best recommendations please?
Quote by Scuba1x
Hello,

Lately, I have picked up the following:

Amps:
1966 Super Reverb
1969 Twin Reverb
1971 Princeton
90's Mesa Nomad 55

Guitars:
LP custom
Jackson USA soloist
Tele Deluxe (USA)
Strat (USA)
G&L F100
Ibanex Vandenburg (first series)

Effects that I picked up off the 'Bay, but have not been delivered yet:
Boss TU-3 (not an effect, but listed)
TS9 Tube Screamer
Boss DS-1
Boss SD-1
Boss MT-2
Big Muff
MXR micro amp
Boss CE-2
MXR 90

I don't want to buy a lot of gear to evaluate...?

Thanks for the responses.....I'll check them out....

I have already spent a small fortune in the last month on all the amps and guitars, so am starting to tapper off on spending for a while (hopefully), but do want to pick up the compressor and the delays in the next week or so......

Just didn't want to make purchases based on product reviews, but on recommendations from some users...
Any thoughts on pedal boards and power supplies??

I have always just built my own out of wood and daisy chained the power, but am thinking the pedaltrain pro and some kind of isolated power supply might be the way to go.....
Ok...after reading a bunch more reviews on the web....I pulled the trigger on a AD900 (2 chip MN3005's)....

I'll pick up a dd-3 for digital and now just need a compressor......

My first thought was the EGO or Diamond....anyone try one???
Quote by Scuba1x
Ok...after reading a bunch more reviews on the web....I pulled the trigger on a AD900 (2 chip MN3005's)....

I'll pick up a dd-3 for digital and now just need a compressor......

My first thought was the EGO or Diamond....anyone try one???

good choices. i've owned the diamond, and it's one out of two compressors that i've really liked - the other being the bjfe/bearfoot pgc. a lot of people here have one or have owned one.
Just in case you didn't read them, it's against the rules to post continuously like that.

I wish I could buy as much gear as you though.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Opps....sorry for the continuous posts.....

Yeah, I did go a little crazy with buying gear in a short period of time (all the guitars and amps were acquired in just over a month), but it has taken a long time to get back were I could afford it....

I picked up a powertrain pedal board and ordered the adapters for the AD900 from Voodoo Labs website.

I still need to pull the trigger on a compressor.....and that should be it for now...
Judging by the quality of the rest of your gear, might as well splash out on the diamond!
Ok...It's down to the diamond or the empress.......

any last thoughts??

I will pull the trigger today or tomorrow....
Quote by Scuba1x
Ok...It's down to the diamond or the empress.......

any last thoughts??

I will pull the trigger today or tomorrow....

Try them out and pick the one you like the best.

They are both good. If you can't play them for whatever reason, my opinion is to check out as many online demos as possible. Proguitarshop have probably the best pedal demos (and do both those pedals).
RIP Gooze

cats
Sure...I take some photos and post...

I picked up a another cabinet for the super reverb....

The '66 chassis was stuffed in'76 cab....the '76 had the orginal CTS alnico speakers (which are very sweet)...
The cab was Gary Hookers on tour with Brad Paisley.....it's brown tolex and Oxblood grill cloth...looks really nice (built by Vintage Sound Amps)... I'll put in the CTS speakers and the reverb tank from the '76 and the '66 chassis......:0

I'll post pics after I finish the build.. it will probably be next weekend or so....