I'm mainly looking for a dirty late 60's psychedelic In-a-gadda-da-vidda type sound.

I would rather not spend over 100 bucks, and I can go used or new. Here are some that I have looked at:

-EH Big Muff ($80 dollars). Alot of people use it as a fuzz pedal, but i've heard it's more of a plain old distortion pedal

-EH LIttle Big Muff ($70) Same as Above.

-Dunlop Fuzz Face ($100)

-Way Huge Swollen Pickle ($130 dollars new, might be able to find one cheaper used) I've heard sound clips of this one and I liked the sound

-Fulltone 69'

-Fulltone 70'

I heard that the Maestro Fuzztone was what most players used back then, but those are expensive used. But I think that may be the kind of tone that I want.

Of the one's i've listed which one would I be the most satisfied with?
Did I miss any?
There is a guy that does Mosrite fuzz clones on ebay (has a silhouette of the good, the bad and the ugly on it). I think it is called "the ennio" I contacted him and got a custom built one in Surf Green for a really good price. It sounds really great. Can't say enough about how good the pedal sounds.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Find a used EHX English Muff'n
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I haven't tried anything above the bottom of the barrel for fuzz but I chose the big muff over a fuzz face (I forget which model) and the boss fuzz. I didn't really use it too much though til I got my rebel 20, they get along really well for the stuff I like to do. So I think different fuzzei work with different amps. What amp are you using?

I'd love to get my hands on a shin ei fuzz wah. I doubt I could use it with any of my songs but damn what blissful carnage.
Quote by zenbone
There is a guy that does Mosrite fuzz clones on ebay (has a silhouette of the good, the bad and the ugly on it). I think it is called "the ennio" I contacted him and got a custom built one in Surf Green for a really good price. It sounds really great. Can't say enough about how good the pedal sounds.

I'll definitely take a look at that. The guitarist of Iron Butterfly used a Mosrite, I think. I don't know for sure because In a gadda was a one hit wonder really.
Just to clarify you are talking aboutthis right?:m.ebay.com/search?cmd=SREF&kw=The+Ennio+Standard+Fuzz%21+-+Handwired+Boutique+Mosrite+Fuzzrite+60s+Maestro&cid=
Last edited by GuitarNewb77 at Jul 11, 2013,
Quote by GuitarNewb77
I'll definitely take a look at that. The guitarist of Iron Butterfly used a Mosrite, I think. I don't know for sure because In a gadda was a one hit wonder really.
Just to clarify you are talking aboutthis right?:m.ebay.com/search?cmd=SREF&kw=The+Ennio+Standard+Fuzz%21+-+Handwired+Boutique+Mosrite+Fuzzrite+60s+Maestro&cid=

Yup, that is the one (top one). He is super cool guy to deal with and makes really perfect Mosrite clones. I first met him on Surf101 website and then after saving for a while ordered the pedal. Love it!
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
There is also a company called Devi Ever and she makes some awesome fuzz pedals (like 50+ types)
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by ibanart300
Catalinbread Merkin might be worth a look.

I looked it up on youtube, sounded real nice and seemed to be versatile.