Poll: Lock your doors in daytime while you're at home?
Poll Options
View poll results: Lock your doors in daytime while you're at home?
Yes people may rob me while i'm there.
29 29%
No the house is safe while I'm there.
72 71%
Voters: 101.
Page 1 of 3
My family insists that I must lock the door at ALL TIMES, even in broad daylight while people are inside. I'm not having any of it since it's pretty pathetic really

I live in Wales, not Harlem.

How bout you pitsters?
Nah, I live in the worst house in a nice neighborhood. Ain't no one gonna come in to rob us, and anything else is about as likely as me being murdered out in public.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
well, my door opens up if it's not locked. And I figure it's a logical place to keep my keys anyway. That and I dislike my neighbour. So I'd rather not have him sneak a peek really.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I live two streets away from when a guy got shot and blown up with a grenade not too long ago.

Yeeeah, I'm-a lock the door.
someone tried to rob me before and i dont feel like replacing my guitars. so yeah, i lock my door.
:/
sigless
I live in the country. No one around for miles, so I don't lock the door. In the city I did though. My house got robbed in the city. Luckily they only took my roommates purse and none of my shit.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

I don't like the fact that there are no guns in the house, but we're 3 stories up with a secure entrance. I'd still prefer a shotgun in the house. What about zombies?
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Our house was robbed 4 days before Christmas when I was 8 years old. They stole my parents jewelry, my sega genesis and all my games, and the presents under the Christmas tree. The guy who stole our stuff was spotted by a lot of people in my neighborhood leaving our house.

The guy was found dead 2 weeks later.

I don't trust anyone in any neighborhood. Be it a good one or a bad one. I make sure to lock all of my doors when I leave my house, or go to sleep at night.

Some guy about 4 months ago tried to steal stuff from my neighbors apartment. My other neighbor stopped the burglar and the cops came and arrested him while he was still in the apartment. The guy had a bunch of stereo equipment in his truck that had been reported stolen from another home as well.

We've also been getting someone who has been stealing our mail from our mail boxes. I live in an ok area, but there are alot of tweakers who have nothing better to do.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Last edited by Nelshizzle at Jul 10, 2013,
I live in the city centre in a 2nd floor apartment, my door locks automatically when I shut it

We sleep with our balcony door open though, even leave it open when we go out.

Could get birds and shit in our apartment, man
Ok, just to answer my initial question, do you lock the doors in the daytime while you are in the house?
Quote by Nero Galon
Ok, just to answer my initial question, do you lock the doors in the daytime while you are in the house?

yes, as my door doesn't stay shut otherwise.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by Nero Galon

Unless I lived in a housing project or kosovo, then no. If anything my door is wide open and I have a door gate that I keep locked because fucck solicitors popping up out of no where trying to tell me "help kids like me stay away from drugs".
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Last edited by Nelshizzle at Jul 10, 2013,
Quote by Nero Galon

if i'm home alone and upstairs/in the shower, then yes.
Quote by Nero Galon

I've literally never even thought about doing it.
I always lock the doors... why would I leave them open? Outside and inside.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Jackintehbox
I've literally never even thought about doing it.

I know right, i'm on the verge of getting kicked out of the house because I refuse to do it while I'm here in the day.
I live in a dorm. The door locks automatically so I don't really have s choice in the mater.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
my family has always done it, so it seems foreign to me that you wouldn't. what benefit are you getting from not locking?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
my family has always done it, so it seems foreign to me that you wouldn't. what benefit are you getting from not locking?

It's a huge pain having to lock them all, really irritates me and takes time.
Our front door is always locked, mainly because we never use it except for deliveries etc. I'll lock the back door if I'm the only one in the house and I'm not doing anything in the kitchen. Otherwise, I leave the back door wide open so the dog can go in and out. I live in a village where most people move here to die, it's pretty much the county's version of an eskimo ice float, so I'm not too fussed. Although there were 20 odd burglaries in 3 weeks here a few years ago...
Well I live in a country where the crime rate is high...so I'd like to lock my doors for fear of people bursting in and shooting me in the face just to rob me.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I live in a pretty quiet part of town, but I was a young kid once who galavanted around the streets, and I don't trust kids.

So at night I lock the doors. I feel otherwise safe.

I should note that when I get an apartment in the city (fingers ****ing crossed) my door will be locked constantly.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Last edited by eGraham at Jul 10, 2013,
No, I don't. Locks only keep honest people out.
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Right, for the sake of ending the feud I got going... Should I give in to their demands? It's not normal for me to do such a silly thing but they're getting really mad at me and it was funny at first but now its just annoying.
I live in rich people land, in the lonely part that nobody would ever want to go to. Best of both worlds regarding safety.

However, I still lock the doors, etc, and I when going out I remain cautious, whether I be in a 'good' part of a 'bad' part.
Proud member of the key under the mat elite.

not sure how I haven't got robbed before tbh
Quote by Nero Galon
Right, for the sake of ending the feud I got going... Should I give in to their demands? It's not normal for me to do such a silly thing but they're getting really mad at me and it was funny at first but now its just annoying.

It takes seconds to lock a door. Plus, it kinda seems you're being a pain about it for being a pain's sake. Just lock the door and stop whinging about it.
Through my early teens I was terrified of living with my Mom because her boyfriend was/is a total psychotic scumbag. That had me pretty screwed up for a few years.

I wasn't afraid of strangers breaking in, just that piece of shit who often was already inside.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by Nero Galon

you wouldn't even be going out of your way. you lock the doors when you go out right? so the only extra effort you'll be spending is the second it takes to turn around and do the lock when you close the door as you get home. unless your lock is broken or something, in which case you should be a good kid and buy your parents a new lock.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
you wouldn't even be going out of your way. you lock the doors when you go out right? so the only extra effort you'll be spending is the second it takes to turn around and do the lock when you close the door as you get home. unless your lock is broken or something, in which case you should be a good kid and buy your parents a new lock.

Nah its just there are three doors and 3 different locks with 3 different keys that are spread in different places and take a while to find and the locks are really stiff to lock, and its annoying when someone wants to come in because you have to unlock all of them then lock them again once they are in and then unlock them for them to get out then lock them up again and then repeat over because we have a lot of people coming in and out in the day to visit.
We've had a few home invasions around my neighborhood the last few months so everyone is a bit on edge about that. Some assholes kicking in doors and forcing their way after someone answers the door.

Also, unless someone is getting a package delivered to their house, there is never anyone at the door so when you hear knocking at the door or the dog barking the first thought it "who the **** is that and what do they want?"
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
I lock my doors even when I'm inside cause my lil bro is 5, and I got used to locking it so he wouldn't waddle out to the front yard. Idk why I still do it, force of habit prob. Before he was born we still locked it though cause we lived in a worse neighborhood. Idk why you wouldn't lock it if you're not expecting company
yeah, quite, all the time actually. I live in quite a dangerous area so it'd be a nice change if I could go a day without hearing one weapon being fired, no matter the size.
We live across the street from the police station
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
yeah, quite, all the time actually. I live in quite a dangerous area so it'd be a nice change if I could go a day without hearing one weapon being fired, no matter the size.

My weapon too big for you?

jk that is a dangerous area and you need to leave
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Weaponized
I lock my doors even when I'm inside cause my lil bro is 5, and I got used to locking it so he wouldn't waddle out to the front yard. Idk why I still do it, force of habit prob. Before he was born we still locked it though cause we lived in a worse neighborhood. Idk why you wouldn't lock it if you're not expecting company

Thats the thing, i'm ALWAYS expecting people, its part of the reason why I don't lock it so people can get in faster.
Page 1 of 3