Hi,
Alright so ive been playing for 3 years and i want to buy my first own guitar now after having played old guitars from friends and family etc.
I want a telecaster, I love the sound of it and the feel of it.
All my main telecaster influences are from the 50's and 60's and of course i want to get the right and real thing. So i have no idea about how guitars are made nowadays and how things are, so im wondering where and how i can get a guitar of caliber. I live in northeren norway and 2nd hand telecasters are hard to come by.
Fender makes a few 50's and 60's reissue Teles. Honestly, those are about as close as you are going to get unless you want to spend thousands of dollars on an original, or one of the custom shop models.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by terrapinturtle
just get a standard tele and swap the bridge for the three piece intonation bars

There's a whole lot more to it than that.

Different bridge
Brass nut and saddles (on some models)
Different pickups
Different wiring
Different body woods
Different body contour
Different finishes (Nitro, Polyester, Polyurethane)
Different neck shape and radius
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by stonyman65
There's a whole lot more to it than that.

Different bridge
Brass nut and saddles (on some models)
Different pickups
Different wiring
Different body woods
Different body contour
Different finishes (Nitro, Polyester, Polyurethane)
Different neck shape and radius

hmm did not know that, thanks for the info, i am now slightly smarter!
Quote by stonyman65
Fender makes a few 50's and 60's reissue Teles. Honestly, those are about as close as you are going to get unless you want to spend thousands of dollars on an original, or one of the custom shop models.

I think this is your best bet. If you can, try some standard Teles and see how you like them.

And nice for choosing Teles. You'll have to show us some pictures in the Tele thread once you get it.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls