hey folks,
long story short, I'm in need of a guitar that has piezo pickups to more or less emulate the acoustic sound as well.
the actual purchase will be probably sometime in mid August to September, and my budget will be around 500 USD

I would prefer something with single coil neck pickup, but with my budget, I'll consider any pickup combination as long as it has piezo.
The only thing I can't stand is the floyd rose bridge, but I doubt I'll find any under 500 piezo guitar with that.

someone told me to look for one of those peavey exp guitars, but it seems like they've been discontinued, and only pop up on ebay periodically. If I see one in good shape around the time of actual purchase, I'll probably go with it, but I need to know what else is out there.

it feels like this has to have been discussed in the past, but my search yields nothing.

thanks in advance.
Guitars:
* Custom "does-it-all" Strat
*'12 James Tyler Studio Elite HD Burning Water (HSH)
* EVH Wolfgang Special Stealth HT
Many of the Parker guitars had piezos, and certain models can be had (used) in hat price range:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Guitar.gc?src=Parker&ipp=25&internal=1&browser=&fsrc=Parker&o=1
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Many of the Parker guitars had piezos, and certain models can be had (used) in hat price range:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Guitar.gc?src=Parker&ipp=25&internal=1&browser=&fsrc=Parker&o=1

Used is perfectly fine with me. thanks for the info.
one thing that worries me about Parker guitars is that I played some 2000 bucks USA made models, and their contours were carved in a shape that really hurts my rib cage...
Guitars:
* Custom "does-it-all" Strat
*'12 James Tyler Studio Elite HD Burning Water (HSH)
* EVH Wolfgang Special Stealth HT
Quote by thelax
Used is perfectly fine with me. thanks for the info.
one thing that worries me about Parker guitars is that I played some 2000 bucks USA made models, and their contours were carved in a shape that really hurts my rib cage...

Then they're not for you!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!