Hello everyone,as a jason becker fan this song have been remain 'mystery' for me..does anyone here have idea how the hell to do it..?
I just looked it up and if you're talking about the start, then
he's just abusing the whammy bar, but he's harmonized it.
I don't know if he's used some sort of effect or if he's actually pitching those notes and overdubbing them.
It sounds like at least 3 guitars.

You should worry less about the intro and worry more about being able to play the rest of the song :p
Quote by EsotericSurgery
I just looked it up and if you're talking about the start, then
he's just abusing the whammy bar, but he's harmonized it.
I don't know if he's used some sort of effect or if he's actually pitching those notes and overdubbing them.
It sounds like at least 3 guitars.

You should worry less about the intro and worry more about being able to play the rest of the song :p

agreed man!! But wont covering that song until i know the intro!!!
Do you own a pitch shifter/harmonizer? Perhaps you could try running it through that, what he's doing doesn't sound too "out there" just ups and downs with the bar.
Specific notes, I have no clue.

Good luck learning it though, I've learnt Perpetual Burn but I couldn't learn Mabel's Fatal Fable to save my life.

Actually, could he be using his guitar with a pitch shifter/harmonizer + a guitar overdub with a pitch shifter, effectively making 4 guitars?
Last edited by Livingtime at Jul 23, 2013,
I dont have 1..but i know how harmonize it he show it in the A.I.M videos...but to afraid to abuse the whammy..
When I have a whammy lick, I like to mess around with bends as well. That MIGHT help

If your guitar is set up right, there should be little problems with the whammy. You could also improvise an intro with it if it is too abusive for you. As long as it sounds good and fits with the track the audience does not mind