I'm now aware of an issue concerning DSP memory.

I'm looking for personal experience/accounts, have you ever reached the memory limit, and if so what were you trying to do that made it max out?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Owned both. Dual amps would put you insanely close to the limit. This meant you really couldn't have a dual signal path with many effects.

Effects like delay, reverb, chorus would eat up the DSP very quickly. There's plenty of DSP, but you can't really go crazy with it. My favorite patch happens to be a Chimpspanner patch that he tweaked to have no amps, just so he could have enough DSP available for the effects. Silly, but it worked.

It's not a big issue, but that and the fact that you can't load custom IRs limits it. But it is a good price for what you're getting.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Delay and Reverb are like... super basic FX. FX I'd want on every patch, regardless. That kind of worries me.

I was hoping to do dual amps.

Maybe I should wait for the HD500X to hit the used market.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
You can have them on every patch. Just depends on how many you'd want. It's been about a year since I had them, so I can't remember exactly what it took, but it wasn't a real challenge or anything to hit that limit.

Might consider the HD500X as a portable/night practice amp.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2