Page 3 of 16
Quote by BelowTheSun
TWD and XCOM are absolute steals at those prices. Both strong, strong contenders for GOTY and less than £15? I'm almost tempted to buy them again, the price is so good

I'm mostly waiting for the Witcher games to drop to 75% off. I need them in my life.

Check GOG too. They have it on sale sometimes, and it's the DRM-free version. It performs slightly better, plus... DRM-free.
Quote by TheChaz
Check GOG too. They have it on sale sometimes, and it's the DRM-free version. It performs slightly better, plus... DRM-free.

I like Steam though. I'd almost certainly end up just putting the non-Steam version in my Steam library anyway.

Really tempted to get Sniper: Ghost Warrior 1 and 2. Both of them for £4, when at full price they'd be £30? Yes please.
What do you guys want me to vote for? I already have Shogun 2 (EXCELLENT GAME), and Super Street Fighter will be using Games for Windows Live...Street Fighter 4 however is a great port. Sleeping Dogs I don't have but I'm not interested in it.
Quote by angusfan16
Also, Dragon age Origins Ultimate Edition is on sale for $9. If any of you have never played it and like rpgs, pick that shit up yo.

HELL YEAH, MAN! So picking that up...
Quote by BelowTheSun
I like Steam though. I'd almost certainly end up just putting the non-Steam version in my Steam library anyway.

Really tempted to get Sniper: Ghost Warrior 1 and 2. Both of them for £4, when at full price they'd be £30? Yes please.

Why can't you use GOG and put them in your Steam library, as you say? GOG has a lot of excellent old games. (Some are from the '90s, but most are from 2000 through 2007.) I've bought several games (all RPGs) there for like $5, and they're the type of games which last for about 20-30 hours of gameplay.
Yeah, I didn't say I'd never use GOG, I have used GOG before, I was just saying DRM-free isn't a big deal for me
Quote by BelowTheSun
Yeah, I didn't say I'd never use GOG, I have used GOG before, I was just saying DRM-free isn't a big deal for me

But why would you get an inferior version if you could get a superior version?
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
For the first time in a long time I won't be able to buy anything... I am skint

I'll gift you something small if you give me yo name. No one should go without a Steam game during the summer sale.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Just bought Fry Cry 3. I've wanted this game ever since it came out, stoked to play it. The first of (probably) many purchases this sale
Quote by R. Shackleford.
Glad to see the sex king getting some action I think it might be time for me to pull him out again tonight and take him for a spin around the rift.
Soo... Bioshock 2 or Far Cry 2: Fortune Edition?

Money in my account is clearing still, so even though both are >$5 I can't get both :/ Stupid bank takes forever to put money into my acccount.
Bioshock 2.

But i'm biased cuz the only far cry i like is the third one.

And i absolutely love Bioshock. All three are great
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Jul 12, 2013,
The second one is by far the worst Bioshock, but that having been said it's still a very solid game and there were some slight improvements made, gameplay-wise, from the first one. I've never played Far Cry 2 though, so I can't say.
Quote by R. Shackleford.
Glad to see the sex king getting some action I think it might be time for me to pull him out again tonight and take him for a spin around the rift.
I over slept and missed getting Super Meat Boy in the flash sale by about 5 seconds
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Should I vote for XCOM or Dark Souls? I kind of want to buy Dark Souls, but I'd probably have to play with a keyboard and mouse.
Last edited by WantsLesPaul at Jul 13, 2013,
XCOM! Although I bought in yesterday for the $0.20 or so more cents.

I feel like I've gotten everything I wanted to get, which was only XCOM and Endless Space. Everything after this is collateral damage.
I'm buying as many ******edly cheap games as I can. Even if most of them suck, if I find a good few (odds are I will), I'll come out on top in the end.
I want to buy games I never knew I wanted to get until they became so cheap.

Farming Simulator, I must have you.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by TheChaz

Steam is hardly invasive DRM.

I haven't seen anything that interests me yet. I'm hoping Civ V: Brave New World will go on sale, but I know it's never going to happen. Otherwise there's nothing I really want. But then, it is the Steam sale. It'll soon turn out I desperately want x game because it's £1.99.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I wish I had more than a tenner to spend.

S A D B O Y S
**** it, YOLO. I'm gonna add another tenner to my Steam wallet.

Edit: I got Age Of Empires III Complete Collection + Age Of Empires II HD for £10. Sweet.

S A D B O Y S
Last edited by I.O.T.M at Jul 13, 2013,
Quote by Todd Hart
Steam is hardly invasive DRM.

I haven't seen anything that interests me yet. I'm hoping Civ V: Brave New World will go on sale, but I know it's never going to happen. Otherwise there's nothing I really want. But then, it is the Steam sale. It'll soon turn out I desperately want x game because it's £1.99.

You missed it. I got it for 33% off

Also picked up borderlands 2 and some other stuff. 2 more games and I level up to level 5! Waiting for tonight for the blitz sales.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
Quote by DamienEx1021
You missed it. I got it for 33% off

What? When?!

Bitches better have an encore sale.
Quote by Todd Hart
What? When?!

Bitches better have an encore sale.

Yesterday or two days ago.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

Quote by DamienEx1021
Yesterday or two days ago.

I take it it was on one of those 8 hour sales? I must have been at work.
Quote by Todd Hart
I take it it was on one of those 8 hour sales? I must have been at work.

Yeah it was a flash sale. I would be surprised if it didn't turn up as a daily deal at some point.
Does anyone have the civilization cards? That and I only need Skyrim and Bioshock badges for the summer sale badge.

Can we get a UG friends list/group going?

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

Quote by DamienEx1021
Does anyone have the civilization cards? That and I only need Skyrim and Bioshock badges for the summer sale badge.

Isn't there already one?
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
Quote by DamienEx1021

I have a ton of civ cards. Got Bismarkc, Economic, Cathering, and Elizabeth. I think I got them because I bought the expansion for full price and then it went on sale like 4 hours later.

I also woke up this morning with Civ 4 vanilla for free from steam, don't know why. I don't know what the cards are about so I don't really want them.

AND NOW A WARNING

Also, it is very obvious that Kerbal Space Program is going to go on sale soon. But be warned, the next patch the devs have coming is going to break your save files. So if they don't get it out before the sale happens, be prepared to lose your save files.
Last edited by Dirge Humani at Jul 13, 2013,
Quote by Dirge Humani

AND NOW A WARNING

Also, it is very obvious that Kerbal Space Program is going to go on sale soon. But be warned, the next patch the devs have coming is going to break your save files. So if they don't get it out before the sale happens, be prepared to lose your save files.

Is the old 'change the file info' trick not going to work? Haven't been keeping up with KSP.
Wait, can someone explain to me what this is? I've looked on the site a bit, and there are some cool games for cheap! Do I play them only on my computer or something?
Quote by SunshineMusicO
Wait, can someone explain to me what this is? I've looked on the site a bit, and there are some cool games for cheap! Do I play them only on my computer or something?

u srs?

Yes, these are all PC games played through Steam.

If you havent heard of Steam then you probably dont have a computer powerful enough to play any of those games, however.
Quote by Todd Hart
Is the old 'change the file info' trick not going to work? Haven't been keeping up with KSP.

They're completely changing the way SAS units and crew management works. I think crew management is what is going to break the saves, there's just no easy way to get around it.

Fortunately that also means they are taking the opportunity to do a lot of things that would have broken saves before hand. Like I think they are adding procedurally generated craters to the Mün so that it doesn't look as barren as it does.
Quote by Dirge Humani
They're completely changing the way SAS units and crew management works. I think crew management is what is going to break the saves, there's just no easy way to get around it.

Fortunately that also means they are taking the opportunity to do a lot of things that would have broken saves before hand. Like I think they are adding procedurally generated craters to the Mün so that it doesn't look as barren as it does.

Ah this sucks. I haven't played since the introduced seats but it'll be sad to lose all my stuff. I guess I'll never rescue Bill from his ridiculously low Minmus orbit (he ended up missing the mountains by a couple of feet after a hideous accident involving a rocket sled).
$2 for 'Universe Sandbox'? Sure why not! At the very least I can put a black hole in the middle of a galaxy and kill every living thing on every star! Muwahhahahahahahha!!!!!!!!!!!!

................ /me is a science nerd.....

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again