I feel like I'm being lazy but here goes. I was playing around one day and it turned out really nice for me, I just wanna know what this scale is:

X Note-Semitone-Tone-Tone-Tone-Semitone-Tone-Octave

I first played this in G so here is the notes:

G, Ab, Bb, C#, Eb, E, F#, G

Thanks in advance! and if anyone could point me to a site dedicated to this type of thing (ie a site that'll take my scale and tell me if it's original or if there's a name). Oh and all-guitar-chords.com is no help this time heh.
Theory is just...wow. I'm getting a bit over my head by trying to learn so much w/o formal educators

Quote by DBKGUITAR
To be a good lead guitar you must be VERY GOOD AT RYTHM

Quote by MaggaraMarine
My motto: Play what the song needs you to play!
Looks like a G Diminished scale with a major second instead of a minor second and missing a fourth, maybe?

G, A, Bb, C, C#, Eb, E, F#, G
It fits octatonic for the first three notes but then goes off. I was going to say Phrygian but that doesn't seem right either. I'm very rusty on modes. I never learned them very well.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I'm still on the "importance of the major scale" level in terms of knowing my scales. I know the minor scale and the Lydian mode pretty dang well as it's my favorite so far and I know the blues scale...otherwise, every scale I've played around with was pretty weird like this. Wish I could help you guys out more with my thingy haha
Theory is just...wow. I'm getting a bit over my head by trying to learn so much w/o formal educators

Quote by DBKGUITAR

Quote by MaggaraMarine
Your notes don't match the pattern you have listed. The W- h thing is straight up phrgian, but the notes listed are different.
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginear
Enginere

I'm Good at Math
Quote by J-Dawg158
Your notes don't match the pattern you have listed. The W- h thing is straight up phrgian, but the notes listed are different.

Yeah, the notes should be this:

G Ab Bb C D Eb F G
Quote by Morphogenesis26
Yeah, the notes should be this:

G Ab Bb C D Eb F G

Sorry guise, I was hoping I didn't muck it up heh. This guy has it right, I just played it out on my guitar and it came out this way

Quote by DBKGUITAR

Quote by MaggaraMarine
So thanks, it is definitely a Phrygian mode. I'm gonna go look more into it.

Quote by DBKGUITAR

Quote by MaggaraMarine
& crazysam rant in 3... 2... 1...

I'm an
Engeneer
Enginear
Enginere

I'm Good at Math
that reference flew right over me :P

Quote by DBKGUITAR

Quote by MaggaraMarine
there was a dude that used to c+p my old posts about how stupid modes are

i'm an asshole though so people always stuck to talking about me behind my back or ignoring me, whereas crazysam had a weird picture of his face as his avatar and was very gullible so people ganged up on him a lot

myself included
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.

1, -2, -3, 4, 5, -6, -7
G, Ab, Bb, C, D, Eb, F

Learn to count better.
1978 Les Paul Custom Sunburst
2001 USA Strat (Hot & Cool Rails)
Effects: Boss GT-6 with Tech-21 Power Amp
It's the 4th mode of Db major pentatonic with a tritone stuck in there.
Quote by MissingSomethin

1, -2, -3, 4, 5, -6, -7
G, Ab, Bb, C, D, Eb, F

Learn to count better.

I typed this up in under a minute, I'm not surprised if I made any mistakes

Quote by DBKGUITAR

Quote by MaggaraMarine