Page 1 of 2
So yeah, about a year and a half ago I lost my jacket/coat at school. We had some sort of exam and we weren't allowed to take them into the exam room so everyone had to hang them the down hallway, and when I came back, it was gone. I searched around a bit, checked the lost and found and even posted a message on the school's "announcement screen", but with no results. Went out and bought a new one, end of story.

Now, fast forward to current time. I passed my exams and I'm currently enjoying a long summer holiday. Last night, I came home after a long night of working at my local restaurant, and saw the following message sent to me via facebook (roughly translated)

"Despite the fact that we're done with school now, I still have to get something off my chest. It was me who took your coat last year. By accident, of course. I bought the exact same jacket the previous weekend. If this news is of no use for you, fine, but it's something I've been wanting to say for some time now. "

what do I do pit?
baab
Uhh... take the jacket back or forget about it? I'm not fully understanding the conflict here.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Get it back obviously he wants to return it

Why would you ask such a dumb question?
To be perfectly honest, I'd prefer a financial compensation given the fact that I bought a new jacket while he just could have given it back. But let me rephrase my question; How do I react?
baab
"Oh no worries, it was just a jacket. I'm not petty, but just know if I was I would probably steal something you like, and destroy it before your very eyes. I want my jacket back."
Quote by My Last Words
To be perfectly honest, I'd prefer a financial compensation given the fact that I bought a new jacket while he just could have given it back. But let me rephrase my question; How do I react?

By asking a buncha nerds on the interweave
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by My Last Words

yeah but a financial compensation is not fair.

you just your jacket
he bought you an exact new one

you to get money back isn't really fair.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by angusfan16
Go **** him

This.
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Fillet his skin and wear it as a jacket.

/obligatoryskinjacketcomment
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
yeah but a financial compensation is not fair.

you just your jacket
he bought you an exact new one

you to get money back isn't really fair.

what?
baab
Quote by My Last Words
what?

you have problems reading or what?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

Ask yourself that.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

I just don't understand how he giving me money would be unfair
baab
Quote by My Last Words
I just don't understand how he giving me money would be unfair

How much was the jacket?
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

You have literally no idea how to read, you absolute dunce. From what I, and everyone else, read:

-My Last Words bought himself a jacket
-The guy who stole his jacket now has two of the same jacket but didn't return the one that wasn't his
-My Last Words still doesn't have the previous jacket, and is considering asking this guy for some financial compensation (or the jacket that was stolen from him)
Quote by darkcheef
How much was the jacket?

I don't remember exactly since it was more then a year ago, but I'd guess around €70-80
baab
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
tl;dr

Too long; Don't know how to read
Last edited by severed-metal at Jul 11, 2013,
I'd be like "Thanks for the jacket. Now good day, sir", but say it really sarcastic-like.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
A year is a long time to "borrow" something by accident. I think either he lost his and just found it now, or guilt finally got to him.
You both have a jacket, and he has an extra. Tell him to donate it to his local Oxfam shop or w/e. At least there's some good to come out of it...
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

The best comment I've read all day.
why are you asking the pit? go develop your own personality, dumbass.
sigless
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Uhh... take the jacket back or forget about it? I'm not fully understanding the conflict here.

This. Are you like 13 or something? That's the only age I would ever even consider this a valid question.
Quote by NoBC14
This. Are you like 13 or something? That's the only age I would ever even consider this a valid question.

To be fair, there have been many threads asking for advice on serious life decisions.
Saving private Jacket.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by triface
To be fair, there have been many threads asking for advice on serious life decisions.

How is getting one's jacket back a serious life decision?
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jul 12, 2013,
Say 'O thanks m8 lemme know when I can come get it' and then do. Asking him for money doesn't make much sense since he has your jacket. If he had lost it, I could see money being an alternative form of repayment, but since the jacket is still a thing, just get it back and fuggetaboutit.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
OP You're entitled to ask for financial compensation. The thing is, would the hassle be worth it to you? Personally I'd take the jacket and make some comment along the lines of -"Well that took a while, but better late than never huh?"- Implying you know he did wrong. Otherwise, it's just a jacket, it's not worth going apeshit over.
Dead bull with the life from the low
I'll be massive conquistador
Give me soul and show me the door
Metal heavy, soft at the core
Gimme toro, gimme some more

Steam: Mengsk
MAL
Last edited by Flagon at Jul 12, 2013,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
How is getting one's jacket back a serious life decision?

How is it not? A jacket's is an extension of one's personality. Whatever you are, it is too.

It isn't. I was just trying to make the point that people come here to ask for advice that should not be sought for all the time.
ask you to give him your jacket back AND one of his jackets that you will then be allowed to keep for one year.
Listen. I'm sorry.
Quote by vilk
ask you to give him your jacket back AND one of his jackets that you will then be allowed to keep for one year.

This is the one you need to do. Make sure you post pictures of yourself wearing your new coat on facebook too.
you cant spell manslaughter without laughter

Quote by ACG
I like my women how I like my cookies. Smothered in diarrhea.
Page 1 of 2