Well last week end I ordered a few things from ebay and MF. I don't have the luxury of playing my guitar too much at home because I live in an apartment (and I'm not a douche) and all my equipment is in 2 different band rehearsal spaces.

I found a POT XT for $66, a set of AKG K44 headphones for $29 and I had a FBV short board from years ago collecting dust.

Even though the XT is several generations old, the modeling is actually quite decent for practice use. They are much larger than I remember them being, but still small enough to store easy.

The AKG K44 are pretty good phones for $29 and they are very comfortable to wear.

The FBV I have had since 2004 and it shows. But it works just fine with the POD.

I could not be happier with a decent practice rig for home for $100ish.
Attachments:
004.jpg
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Very nice, the PODs are extremely useful for practicing in apartments or late at night. I personally use an HD500 for night playing because i dont like to bother the neighbors.
Dude, that is so funny to me. I used to have THE SAME STUFF! You have better headphones, though. The old PODs have some great sounds with headphones (see if it has the "Rolling Thunder" preset-huge chorus sound with insane sustain). I just wished I could get those same sounds really loud, but it was never the same, which is why I sold it all years ago. I had the big AX212 Line 6 amp with the huge floor board for several years, spending countless hours playing with amp settings. That's actually how I first heard the Soldano sound & fell in love with it, by playing with that model & trying different cab simulations/effects. Back then, I really thought the digital modeling stuff would take over, but it just wasn't warm tones at stage volumes.
Congrats, man! I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with that POD.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Solid practice kit, Robb!
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Nice man. If you have a computer, you might want to consider grabbing a cheap interface and learning how to use different amp sims and cab impulses.

HNSD!
Quote by cdr_salamander
Nice man. If you have a computer, you might want to consider grabbing a cheap interface and learning how to use different amp sims and cab impulses.

HNSD!

Nah, I'm not a tech recording type
I just wanted it as a practice tool more than anything. I figured it would make a easy transportable rig when I need it also
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I still have my XT. About to upgrade to the HD soon.

Cool stuff.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.