Page 1 of 2
http://uk.gamespot.com/news/us-government-recognizes-league-of-legends-players-as-pro-athletes-6411377

After lengthy discussions between Riot Games and US government, League of Legends players now deemed professional athletes, can be awarded visas.

What?
Quote by Trowzaa
LoL

/thread
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Heck, if Poker players are "athletes", why not Lol players. At least Lol is more about skill than blind luck.
Quote by progdude93
Not a surprise from a country where pizza is officially recognized as a vegetable.

Oh, it's this kind of thread.

I will be leaving now
Quote by Musicforyou17
Oh, it's this kind of thread.

I will be leaving now

I live in America.... I'm simply acknowledging two independent facts which, when taken in conjunction, establish a certain pattern.
Here come the South Koreans.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Maybe the "Athletes" of LoL will start acting like jocks.

But yeah, pretty ridiculous.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
I think there should be a different category when it comes to Visas for people who play games professionally.
Afterall, athletes are playing a sport for others' entertainment and to show off their physical prowess.
So LoL players are playing a game for others' entertainment to show off their mental prowess.
Surely, 'Professional Gamer' should be an offical term that can be applied to LoL players, as opposed to 'Athletes.'
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Quote by donender
Maybe the "Athletes" of LoL will start acting like jocks.

But yeah, pretty ridiculous.

I'm not sure what a jock is, but according to my taiwanese mate, over there gamers are popular and have people who manage their appearance and are considered desirable by women.
Also gangsters apparently play games. They find people with high level characters or whatever irl and nick their accounts.
Quote by captainsnazz
I'm not sure what a jock is,

A jock is basically this kind of guy:

He's only interested in sports, beer, and women.

but according to my taiwanese mate, over there gamers are popular and have people who manage their appearance and are considered desirable by women.
Also gangsters apparently play games. They find people with high level characters or whatever irl and nick their accounts.

Must be nice to have a society where you actually get lauded for being good at video games...
Quote by Jon777
No respect for DOTA?

LoL < Dota < SC2.
Quote by kertets
Only losers post their opinions on the internet.
Quote by progdude93
Then call me Dickembe Mutombo

E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
oh look, a thread where people get mad because other people use words to define things they don't think they should be used to define because they feel their arbitrary definitions are somehow objectively better.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by Novacane...
LoL < Dota < SC2<WC3.

FTFY
Wayne's World! Party Time! Excellent!
Party on Wayne. Party on Garth

Schecter Platinum C-1 Floyd Rose

Quote by Lord_Doku
Friendship and masturbation go a long way towards happiness. Until you have sex, then it's friendship and sex. And an empty wallet.
Quote by iRoseAgainst
FTFY

Fuck Warcraft. I didn't even play brood war.
Quote by kertets
Only losers post their opinions on the internet.
Quote by Novacane...
Fuck Warcraft.

Wayne's World! Party Time! Excellent!
Party on Wayne. Party on Garth

Schecter Platinum C-1 Floyd Rose

Quote by Lord_Doku
Friendship and masturbation go a long way towards happiness. Until you have sex, then it's friendship and sex. And an empty wallet.
Quote by captainsnazz
I'm not sure what a jock is, but according to my taiwanese mate, over there gamers are popular and have people who manage their appearance and are considered desirable by women.

It means a moron who is good at sports and popular in school, and could quite often be a bully. The term isn't widely used in Britain. Not in that context, anyway.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by captainsnazz
We

>long hair and studying in paris
>claims to be a jock

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by TunerAddict
oh look, a thread where people get mad because other people use words to define things they don't think they should be used to define because they feel their arbitrary definitions are somehow objectively better.

i wrote this in my head and then read it here posted by you
Quote by progdude93
Not a surprise from a country where pizza is officially recognized as a vegetable.

first off, they never said pizza was a veggie. they said that the tomato paste on a pizza is a veggie. jesus.

also, an athlete is someone who is "proficient in forms of physical exercise" am i missing something here?
Quote by Eastwinn

i wrote this in my head and then read it here posted by you

I already know that we are long lost brothers/incestuous soul mates
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by TunerAddict
I already know that we are long lost brothers/incestuous soul mates

soul mates sounds about right
Quote by Jon777
No respect for DOTA?

It was Riot who jumped through hoops to get this for LoL as they stated in an interview or whatever. It's because they want to centralize LoL in the US, meaning contracted players will require visas, and Valve and Blizzard don't really care to do that. Dota is very Europe and China based as well as now moving into Korea with Nexon, and SC2 is centralized in Korea.
Well, considering our brain takes up 20% of the bodies resources, and the amount of calories that the brain uses is proportional to how much brain activity there is, LoL players probably burn off more calories sitting and playing a computer game than the average sedentary adult.

I still don't think it's a sport, in the traditional sense. I'm pretty sure the declaration has more to do with allowing pro LoL players to travel more easily for tournaments or something.
Page 1 of 2