Hey, I'm currently looking to buy a new ibanez in the hope of playing a satriani style. I've been in to my guitar store and tried out the js100, 1000 and 1200. To be honest the 100 is the only one in my price range and I thought they played well for the money. Well I have recently discovered the anniversary edition to joe's surfing with the alien album. Obviously it's not a patch on the actual js20th but the js20s looks ace. From what I can tell it looks like a js100 in essence, only with a wicked paint job. Would I be correct? I just think it would be the ultimate guitar and since I can pick one up for around the same as a js100, i'm quite tempted. Any thoughts?
don't go below the 1000. if you can't afford the 1000, get a Japanese-made RG or S series (which should be a bit cheaper than the js1000).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Okay, so presumably you'd stay clear of the js20s? It just looks so damn cool which is a shame...
Yep, just a dolled up js100. Still not a bad guitar, but uggg to the edge III bridge. For that type of money, you can find used s540, rg550/570 or rg prestiges. Sure it won't look like Joe's Radius based guitars, but they will be much better instruments than the non MiJ JS models.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
yeah if it's just a fancy js100 it's arguably an even worse idea than the 100, on account of its being dearer and no better...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Man, I love the look of the JS20s. I've wanted one of those just for the coolness factor for a long time. It's gotta sound better than my RG5EX1, which BTW also has the Edge III bridge on it.