So as of right now, I have:

Marshall jmp 1 preamp
TC electronic G force (effects)
KORG tuner

with these three units, there is a lot of buzz. It's all being fed into my Marshall DSL 100 watt half stack via FX loop. Here's how it's currently wired.

Marshall DSL FX loop return ---> JMP master left out
Jmp effects send ---> TC electronic G force left in
JMP effects return ---> TC electronic G force Right out
TC electronic G force right input ---> KORG output
TC electronic G force right out ---? KORG input
(I'm not worried about midi wiring, that's pretty straight forward)

I'm also getting a ISP Pro Rack G Decimator and I'm unsure as to how you should loop that in with everything. I know this is a lot to ask, but this gear is giving me a headache. Any and all help really is extremely appreciated! Thank you so much!!
Why do you write your signal chain backwards? That makes it really hard to visualize what's going on.

Anyway, just do a simple process of elimination. Plug one rack unit into your amp at a time until you find the culprit.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Why do you write your signal chain backwards? That makes it really hard to visualize what's going on.

Anyway, just do a simple process of elimination. Plug one rack unit into your amp at a time until you find the culprit.

I feel like part of the reason I'm getting this buzz is because it's not wired properly to begin with...
Quote by conor1423
TC electronic G force right input ---> KORG output
TC electronic G force right out ---? KORG input

This doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

To trouble shoot: strip back to the most simplest arrangement possible. Probs just plug into the del.
If there is no problem, than next plugin the jmp as you have. Don't use the effects loop.
If there is no noise, add the tuner, before the preamp, (guitar > tuner > jmp > dsl). I'm not sure if that's the best place for a rack tuner, but it's where I'd start.
If there is still no noise, add the G force to the jmp effects loop.

At least if you do this, you will know where in the signal the noise is being generated from.

As for the decimator, I'm not so sure. Is it 1 channel or 2?
RIP Gooze

cats
Jmp effects send ---> TC electronic G force left in
JMP effects return ---> TC electronic G force Right out

Why are left and right transposed?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by mulefish
This doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

To trouble shoot: strip back to the most simplest arrangement possible. Probs just plug into the del.
If there is no problem, than next plugin the jmp as you have. Don't use the effects loop.
If there is no noise, add the tuner, before the preamp, (guitar > tuner > jmp > dsl). I'm not sure if that's the best place for a rack tuner, but it's where I'd start.
If there is still no noise, add the G force to the jmp effects loop.

At least if you do this, you will know where in the signal the noise is being generated from.

As for the decimator, I'm not so sure. Is it 1 channel or 2?

Thanks for your help! How would I use the tuner before the preamp? I have no experience with rack tuners to be completely honest.

And the decimator is a dual channel unit.
Last edited by conor1423 at Jul 13, 2013,
Quote by Cathbard
Why are left and right transposed?

I have no clue. I just changed it so I at least have that little bit right. Unfortunately, it made no difference.
Quote by conor1423
Thanks for your help! How would I use the tuner before the preamp? I have no experience with rack tuners to be completely honest.

And the decimator is a dual channel unit.

What kind of inputs and outputs does the tuner have?

I'm not certain on this, never having owned or used a decimator, but I think it would be set up as:
Guitar>Tuner>decimator CH1>preamp
Than effects loops:
send>decimator CH2>GForce>return

Might want verification on that though.

Without knowing your tuner:
Guitar to input.
Output to preamp.

It might have a 'mute' jack which is for a footswitch, or that might be midi.
Anything else I donno.
RIP Gooze

cats
I always ran my rack tuner first. That's because of all the inputs, I could have all my guitars plugged into the rack and as all the inputs are buffered all I had to do is turn down the volume on the guitar and grab the next one. I effectively used it as a non-adjustable mixer. That's a Korg DT-1 Pro.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by mulefish
What kind of inputs and outputs does the tuner have?

I'm not certain on this, never having owned or used a decimator, but I think it would be set up as:
Guitar>Tuner>decimator CH1>preamp
Than effects loops:
send>decimator CH2>GForce>return

Might want verification on that though.

Without knowing your tuner:
Guitar to input.
Output to preamp.

It might have a 'mute' jack which is for a footswitch, or that might be midi.
Anything else I donno.

The tuner has a input and mute jack in the front. The back has a mute, out, and in.

But yea that sounds right about the decimator. Thanks for your your help so far, I really do appreciate it! Is there a way to run the tuner on its own signal path maybe?
Quote by Cathbard
I always ran my rack tuner first. That's because of all the inputs, I could have all my guitars plugged into the rack and as all the inputs are buffered all I had to do is turn down the volume on the guitar and grab the next one. I effectively used it as a non-adjustable mixer. That's a Korg DT-1 Pro.

mine is the DTR -2, so there's fairly limited inputs.....
After some trial and error, it seems as though no matter how I plug the tuner in, the second it is connected to buzz increases. I'm guessing it's not supposed to do that....
Then don't use the tuner. Use the one built into the G-Force.
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Quilter OD200, 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1