Hey people,

I got a question I'm planning on getting a cab with vintage 30's, but it's a cheaper cab then others with the vintages, is it ok to buy or do you think its a no go?

Thnx
Gear:
Dean Cemetery Gates Razorback
MXR Dime Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
ISP Decimator
EH LPB-1
Peavey 6505
D'addario strings, DR strings
Dunlop picks
More information? If I have to guess you are talking about Harley Benton G212 Vintage? Answer is yes, its worth it for the speakers alone. And you can always gut it and take the speakers when you get a better built cab.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
It's probably cheaper because it's constructed from MDF and not solid wood.

That place looks like a reputable dealer. You should be fine.
Quote by cdr_salamander
It's probably cheaper because it's constructed from MDF and not solid wood.

That place looks like a reputable dealer. You should be fine.

Not MDF. Plywood according to the link.
*edit*Wait, not plywood. Some "stable ply material"? Why cant they say directly what the hell it is?

The 2x12 caught my eye. If its plywood instead of MDF, it could be better deal than the Harley Benton cabs on Thomann.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Jul 13, 2013,
The Harley Benton from Thomann is a better cab and it cost the same. If I were you I'd get the HB G412A vintage cab
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
^ +1

also, in my experience, I would be very, very hesitant to buy from music store. especially when you have the option of buying from thomann who, in my experience anyway, are very, very good to deal with.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ok thnx guys
Gear:
Dean Cemetery Gates Razorback
MXR Dime Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
ISP Decimator
EH LPB-1
Peavey 6505
D'addario strings, DR strings
Dunlop picks
I think I have read before that Fame and Harley Benton are just two fronts for the same parent company.

I could be wrong in my remembering though, but if so I'd say go for it. I really wish HB was available here in the US, absolute killer deals.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I think I have read before that Fame and Harley Benton are just two fronts for the same parent company.

I could be wrong in my remembering though, but if so I'd say go for it. I really wish HB was available here in the US, absolute killer deals.

Dunno. The amps however are related to Laboga amps if my research have turned out anything. Possibly exactly the same but are just from mass produced and less strictly quality controlled manufacturing line, hence the cheaper price.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3