I've been trying to ease off/quit the herb for a year now and I haven't had much luck, excluding a few weeks off at a time, curious as to what indulgences/habits if anything you guys have dealt with and how you got over them. Bit of motivation, cheers

edit. its been a while pit, good to be back
a little lost.....
Last edited by Davo Ownz at Jul 13, 2013,
It depends, This one time I was holding a womans hand. on the surface it sounds kind of sweet, but she had just fallen off a cliff and I dove down to save her. I threw myself against the ground as quick as I could and grabbed her, the new added weight of the woman along with hitting the ground hard was enough to knock the breath out of me and keep it out.
I started slipping, So I looked the girl in the eyes, Realised just how ugly she was and let go, It wasn't that hard
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
hmmm, well now that i think of it i havent given up any of my bad habits completely. i have eased up and learned to control the worst of them over the past year without causing the other bad habits to grow to an obscene amount of consumption so i would say that in itself is a small victory.

as far as quitting the herbage completely? good luck TS.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Quote by Harvey Swick
hmmm, well now that i think of it i havent given up any of my bad habits completely. i have eased up and learned to control the worst of them over the past year without causing the other bad habits to grow to an obscene amount of consumption so i would say that in itself is a small victory.

as far as quitting the herbage completely? good luck TS.

haha yeah bro i get you
a little lost.....
How the hell do you drink carbonated water? It tastes like shit.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by Thrashtastic15
funny considering how good "the herb" is for helping people let go of things.

buut itz a gatewaaaay druuuuuuuug
I cut down and substitute all my bad habits.
A minor change here until I'm comfortable then another.

Is how I'm losing weight successfully and keeping fit.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Quote by Davo Ownz
I've been trying to ease off/quit the herb for a year now and I haven't had much luck, excluding a few weeks off at a time, curious as to what indulgences/habits if anything you guys have dealt with and how you got over them. Bit of motivation, cheers

Had to give up drinking for six months once when I had damaged my liver. Funnily enough I did it by replacing alcohol with cannabis.
The point is though, after that six month period, I really didn't crave alcohol anymore. That was well over a decade ago and I still hardly ever drink alcohol today, so I would say that however you managed to give it up before for a few weeks, try it again but this time stick at it and eventualy you won't feel the craving for it anywhere near as badly as you do now.

You kinda have to go through it get to the other side.
I've tried to cut out coffee, but after 24 hours or so, I star feeling weird and feeling like I'm going to die.

So, I just keep drinking that shit.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by guitarist41
I've tried to cut out coffee, but after 24 hours or so, I star feeling weird and feeling like I'm going to die.

So, I just keep drinking that shit.

Those weird feelings are called 'caffine withdrawal symptoms'. Infact caffeine withdrawal is now a recognizable disorder according to the latest version of the 'Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders'.

Luckily these symptoms are physicaly harmless and only last a few days to a week.
Are you actually having trouble not smoking weed? Man the hell up. Are you addicted to chocolate milk too?
I used to smoke cigarettes quite a lot, but then one day it just lost it's appeal, so i stopped until i went out for a drink, then i really wanted one. Now i only get the urge to smoke when i'm drunk.

I'm kind of trying to cut back on drinking. It's not got out of control, but i've got into the routine of going out and getting drunk at least once every weekend, so i want to get out of that habit as i'm also trying to get my fitness level up again.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Last edited by donender at Jul 14, 2013,
It's hard to smoke it if you don't have it. Since coming home from school for the summer the only time I smoke weed is when I'm drinking with my buddies really. Which I'm fine with, there's a time and a place, and that place is college.

But if you really want to stop you just have to make sure you can't get your hands on it for a few weeks until its out of your routine. Being addicted to pot is horseshit, you just have to break the habit.
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
I have a bit more sympathy for you than most.

But if you can go a few weeks without it, and you enjoy it that much, why are you trying to quit completely? It's perfectly okay to have a toke every now and then. And then you would be so down on yourself for not being able to quit.
I know, man. It's hard to stop using herb. Try making a good pasta sauce without some oregano and paprika...

I can't believe some people don't use herb...
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I had to stop drinking beer, the carbonation ruins my stomach. I can only handle two glasses of beer before it starts protesting. I use those two glasses to find beers that both taste good and don't make me feel sick.
I didn't have a hard time quitting the green. Cigarettes, however, have always been quite the challenge for me.
I quit steadily for 8 or 9 months, simply because I couldn't afford it. I lost a bunch of friends so I wasn't around it, either. Might be harder for you, if you're smoking I assume you have some friends that do.

But anyway. After quitting for that long and easing back into smoking, it's a lot easier to just do it every once and awhile, and I don't feel as dependent on it. Good luck!
It's a process, not an event.
Quote by Dimarzio45
I didn't have a hard time quitting the green. Cigarettes, however, have always been quite the challenge for me.

That's because weed isn't addictive, nicotine, however is highly addictive.

Physically addictive as in you have physical withdrawal symptoms.
Quote by Dimarzio45

For me it was easier to stop smoking when i stopped hanging out with people who smoked all the time. thats the case with all drugs though, and sometimes to really get away from them you need to cut ties with certain people
Quote by fatgleeson
Are you actually having trouble not smoking weed? Man the hell up. Are you addicted to chocolate milk too?

yes
a little lost.....
Quote by progdude93
I have a bit more sympathy for you than most.

But if you can go a few weeks without it, and you enjoy it that much, why are you trying to quit completely? It's perfectly okay to have a toke every now and then. And then you would be so down on yourself for not being able to quit.

haha it's fine bro i care not for sympathy or peoples humour, people are all going through different shit and its all good fun for me

thanks for all the discussion too ! was a good read
a little lost.....
I gave up runescape when i was younger. Oh the pain...

Multiple times Let go of people though.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Davo Ownz
haha it's fine bro i care not for sympathy or peoples humour, people are all going through different shit and its all good fun for me

thanks for all the discussion too ! was a good read

You're one of THEM! Why do you do this? Why did you put the space before the exclamation point?
I quit sucking my thumb on my 18th birthday. I just stopped doing it.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
I had to quit smoking weed because I moved to a country where not only is it hard to get but they lock you up for good if you get busted with it.

But it sucks, and all I think every day is how good it would be to go home and rip a bong. To the point where I almost want to just go back to america where I know my friends are getting blazed all the time.

I sort of countered it with drinking. But I've been drinking so much that I have a zinc deficiency and my skin is getting all ****ed up. So I guess I have to quit drinking, too.

I hate my life.
Listen. I'm sorry.
Quote by vilk
I had to quit smoking weed because I moved to a country where not only is it hard to get but they lock you up for good if you get busted with it.

But it sucks, and all I think every day is how good it would be to go home and rip a bong. To the point where I almost want to just go back to america where I know my friends are getting blazed all the time.

I sort of countered it with drinking. But I've been drinking so much that I have a zinc deficiency and my skin is getting all ****ed up. So I guess I have to quit drinking, too.

I hate my life.

Wow. Someone can't deal with reality much.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by metal4eva_22
You're one of THEM! Why do you do this? Why did you put the space before the exclamation point?

! Just because!
a little lost.....
Quote by Davo Ownz

I used to smoke years ago when I was a teen. I gave my last cigarette to Mark Kendall of Great White and I just never bought another pack.

Then a couple years later, I started chewing and that's when I truly got addicted. I ended up making a deal with my room mate at the time to hold my can and give me 4 dips a day for the first month (I could choose when I wanted them), 3 for the second month, 2 for the third month and 1 for the fourth month. On top of that, I gave myself a hobby. I went to the hardware store just down the road and priced some parts. I ended up building a lightsaber hilt with it. how that worked was one week, I'd buy a can of chew. The second week, I'd take the money I would buy chew with and buy a lightsaber part instead, third week, I'd buy a can, etc.
For the longest time I quit. I started again a couple years ago, but have since been quitting again. I'm at one or two dips every other day right now. it wont be long until i break the habit again. having said that, i realized that I only WANT my addiction and that I don't NEED it. And that makes it easier. I assume that's probably why "admitting that you have a problem" is considered to be a big step. just my $.02
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

i quit drinking soda for the most part last November or so. i drink it occasionally now. it's not my thing anymore. in the last week or so i've started drinking coffee when i wake up. there's no reason for it since i wake up at noon and don't have a job. i drank some just a few minutes ago though because it's 6am and i've been awake since 10 am yesterday. it's really cool though. my senses are kind of dull from tiredness, but the caffeine juxtaposes that by making me feel alert. it's pretty ****in awesome.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78
i quit drinking soda for the most part last November or so. i drink it occasionally now. it's not my thing anymore. in the last week or so i've started drinking coffee when i wake up. there's no reason for it since i wake up at noon and don't have a job. i drank some just a few minutes ago though because it's 6am and i've been awake since 10 am yesterday. it's really cool though. my senses are kind of dull from tiredness, but the caffeine juxtaposes that by making me feel alert. it's pretty ****in awesome.

SHUTTHE****UPNATE.

mail me all your weed. and every time you have the urge to smoke weed, mail me your weed.

sound like a plan? you'll quit soon after you realize your wasting money and/or get charged with a felony.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug