Hi everyone, we are building a pedal set from scratch for our guitar-drums two piece band. We want a fuzzy bluesy and full sound, like absence of the bass won't be noticed. What do you suggest?
Heh, I'm not an expert on pedals by any means (most of the "pedals" that I own I got in pieces just to put back together... I have weird hobbies) I do own a Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz pedal that may be exactly what you're looking for - it goes from a subtle bluesy/funky sound to fuzzier than Big Foot without much fiddling.

Ya should be able to find one on the cheap if you look around.
EHX POG, POG 2 or Micro POG.

I have the latter and it really helps expand things in a two piece setting.

Place it before a Big Muff Pi and it sounds huge.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
I've been running stereo with an old 1x15 bass amp (Traynor TS-25B, $60) to fill out the low end in my duo lately. There's lots of fuzz pedals out there with enough low end, bass muffs tend to be quite popular. +1 on an octave pedal, but one that tracks well will set you back quite a bit.

You may also want to observe how basslines fill out the low end and try to emulate that in your guitar playing.
Kenneth
Last edited by &baconstrips at Jul 15, 2013,
Quote by Slap-happy
EHX POG, POG 2 or Micro POG.

I have the latter and it really helps expand things in a two piece setting.

Place it before a Big Muff Pi and it sounds huge.

+1. Love the POG! I don't own one but I screw around on it (with a big muff) everytime I go to the local guitarcorpmart. If a local one comes up used at a fair price, it's mine!

TS a looper will add a great deal to your sound. With a lil practice, it's like adding another (very lazy) guitarist. You'll want one with at least 2 footswitches, makes it far easier to use. And if you were also looking into a delay, check out the tc electronic flasshback x4. I got one a few days ago but I only got to screw around with it for a few minutes so far. It seems pretty badass, I'll probably do a npd Tuesday night after band practice if that'll help.

One of the best shows I have ever seen was a two piece band called Local H. The blissful carnage just two guys wreaked on stage was incredible. A week later my rent was late but I had a looper.
Last edited by lucky1978 at Jul 15, 2013,
The Micro POG is around $212.74 on the MF website.

I got mine from the US via eBay for less a couple of years ago (I live in Australia). It was new but I reckon there would be a couple of used ones out there that would be in perfect working order and cost half that.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.