Page 1 of 2
last few days ive had a weird and unexpected case of insomnia and i feel really weird and i'm hallucinating by now

discuss sleep deprivation and tell stories
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Jul 13, 2013,
Not being able to sleep/sleep deprivation struck me in my final exam week at uni this year.

Sleep deprivation is rubbish.
I once thought Kagari from Black Rock Shooter (when she's psycho) was trying to perform mind transfer jutsu on me. This proceeded for the next 40 minutes as we battled in a mental battle ground as we fought for control over my mind and body. Eventually I outwitted her and trapped her inside some kind of doll thing.

This is exactly what happens when you stay up late working and watch psychological anime at the same time.

(Invalid img)
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
I remember when there was a sleep deprivation experiment posted by a user here... Grimm something I believe. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: Boom.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Last edited by Angus_Junior35 at Jul 13, 2013,
I sometimes only exist on 2 hours of sleep from time to time. This is because I suffer from chronic pain and my hand hurts like crazy and I am forced to awaken in order to take a painkiller. But then, I can't return to sleep and I end up tossing an turning uselessly until the morning.

At first, this was hard to "get used to," but I am now have acclimatized. I drive around in a drowsy fog and sometimes I fall asleep at the wheel................

And sometimes I fall asleep while typpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
pppppppppppppppppppppppppppping something...........................................

Anyways, I'm off to bed nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

ron666
I didn't sleep for 40 hours in a row thursday... didn't feel that bad.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Never been enjoyable for me. I try to get at least 8 hours every night, although I can function at a high level on much less.
My God, it's full of stars!
Worst result I've had is thinking I heard voices. Other than that, no real drawbacks
it's fun

i started to think my hair wasn't hair but centipedes running on my face

10/10 would hallucinate again

Managed to stay up for 81 hours straight a few months ago for finals. I had a programming final due in a few days, and I still had some significant work left to do on it. So it was late and I was trying to figure out what time I'd have to wake up the next day to finish and how it would affect my studying for my two most difficult finals that were on the same day.

So after finagling the different scenarios in my head, I realized there just wasn't enough time. And then it hit me. "I could just not sleep." Brilliance, in an instant. And once I decided to stay up, it was easy really. I went to sleep after I started to feel paranoid and kept hallucinating a shadowy figure out of the corner of me eye. But all in all, I would do again if needed.
after 30 hour mark I stop feeling tired but I start acting a bit tipsy and laughing at dumb shit, I usually get so hungry I want to eat every hour. Been here loads of times.

after 40 hour mark I have a weird clarity that pervades me but I am clumsy and trip and knock everything over. Usually hit here when I have an all nighter but instead of going straight to sleep in the afternoon when I get back, end up doing stuff in the evening.

after 50 hour mark, I start seeing things. Last time I did it, there was a bright blue bear constantly looking over my shoulder, with one heavy hand squeezing my other shoulder. Rarely get to this point cause I force myself to sleep because I know I'll feel more and more like crap after the eventual sleep I get the longer I put it off.

Never hit the 60 hour mark, I usually accidentally put my head down somewhere or blink too slowly and go to sleep.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Several military exercises from 2010-2011; I would go well over three days without sleep, all while having to drive trucks daily, maintain weapons and have enemy contacts, and work with others.

Never had any problems caused by it myself, but I have had guys contact boulders and trees that they were convinced were approaching...
I've stayed up for 3 days before. On the night of the 2rd day (~68-70 hours or so) I was having very mild hallucinations. Shapes being made out of things on the ground, etc.
Quote by theguitarist
after 30 hour mark I stop feeling tired but I start acting a bit tipsy and laughing at dumb shit, I usually get so hungry I want to eat every hour. Been here loads of times.

after 40 hour mark I have a weird clarity that pervades me but I am clumsy and trip and knock everything over. Usually hit here when I have an all nighter but instead of going straight to sleep in the afternoon when I get back, end up doing stuff in the evening.

after 50 hour mark, I start seeing things. Last time I did it, there was a bright blue bear constantly looking over my shoulder, with one heavy hand squeezing my other shoulder. Rarely get to this point cause I force myself to sleep because I know I'll feel more and more like crap after the eventual sleep I get the longer I put it off.

Never hit the 60 hour mark, I usually accidentally put my head down somewhere or blink too slowly and go to sleep.

these are all too familiar

once you stop feeling tired and start feeling silly and energetic is when things get fun, especially when you're observing other people at this mark. a few weeks ago my friend came over and was acting weird all day but i didn't really pay attention to it. when the day dragged on and night came around is when stuff got weird. he was so energetic and seemingly euphoric, he was just walking (jumping) around frantically making a lot of noise and talking so goddamn much so i asked him if he was doing drugs without me, turns out he hadn't slept for days. i almost died laughing
he ended up crashing on a mattress on my bedroom floor

it's pretty interesting.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Jul 14, 2013,
A few months ago I decided to see how long I could stay up, just for the hell of it. Made it to 52 hours, at which point I felt like I was going kind of insane, but it was definitely a very interesting experience. It's crazy how strong the urge to just lie down and go to sleep becomes after like 40 hours. Before that it was mostly smooth sailing, with a couple of rough patches, but the last 12 hours were like a constant haze of trying to keep myself awake. Might do it again soon, see if I can beat the record.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
The longest I've gone without adverse effects is 36, but I was drinking for part of it.

At 40 I get all jittery and hyperfocus on what I'm doing.

45 I get nauseous and my vision starts to blur.

I haven't gone beyond that cuz I put my head down on the table and accidentally fell asleep.

I'm not very good with that type of sleep deprivation but I can go 1-2 hrs a night for about 6 weeks.
cat
Quote by Masquirina
Never insomnia, but one time around christmas I slept for 20 hours straight

oh my god

this post is explosively hilarious
Quote by korinaflyingv
I'm kind of used to it at this point (hell, I'm still awake at 4:42am) but I tend to start really losing it after being awake for around 20 hours. I was once awake for about four days and hallucinations started to kick in so I went to ****ing bed haha. Once you're at that point you need to just call it a day (night?)
30 hours without sleep again.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
I didn't sleep for 40 hours in a row thursday... didn't feel that bad.

Clearly bullshit, there are only 24 hours in Thursday...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Clearly bullshit, there are only 24 hours in Thursday...

lol I went all the way into friday
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by entity0009
It's a bitch, but nothing to lose any sleep over

That's pretty tired...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
After 34 hours I suddenly felt very desoriented and weird, almost as if I were stoned. Just bam from one moment to the other. I shuffled to.my bed and inmediately fell asleep. That shit was scary man.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
I tend to only get like 5 or 6 hours on nights before I've got work (I find it somewhat impossible to go to bed before 1am) but then I'll catch up like mad at the weekend and sleep for like 12 hours, 3 nights in a row.

It's not particularly good for me, I know. I've never understood people who actively stay up ridiculous hours as an experiment though, it's obviously bad for you.
Tired and grumpy, then a burst of energy from adrenaline and surprisingly clear-headed and focused.

Doesn't happen often though. Even when I functioned on the least amount of sleep I ever have for a prolonged period I would get at least 4 hours. I like 8-9, at least 6 with a solid nap. Everyone should nap, add years to your life, comfort to your day, and serene bliss to your general outlook.
I've never even stayed up for a whole night.

I gotta have my sleep, although I can live on 4 hours sleep no bother.
I've pulled all-nighters a bunch of times, both because of work, and simply not being able to sleep.

The paranoia, jitteryness and hallucinations after a certain amount of time without sleep are really not enjoyable.
I have insomnia, so sometimes I go a few days with only a few hours of sleep. I'll start hallucinating and generally getting really angry at everything aha. But I also become incredibly intelligent, it's weird.
Page 1 of 2