Hey I need some help buyin my first tube head , I play modern rock and I also like nice cleans I have a line 6 cab with some
Celestions in it , my pedals are a ibanez tube screamer , pod HD 300 , cry baby 535q , and my guitars are Schecter black jack with Duncan's , Gibson les Paul , and a 2001 Prs Santana , I've been looking at a marshall tsl , a evh 5150 (50 watt) , and a bugera 333xl (note the marshall and 5150 are used ) my max buget is like 800$ any suggestions ?
Can you be a little more specific to the type of music you want to play? Like bands for example? That would give us a better idea of what to suggest.
Guitars:
-Carvin CS6
-Carvin DC4 w/ Bigsby
-Takamine EG530SC
-Seagull S12QI

Amps:
-Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
-Carvin V3MC
The EVH 5150 III Mini is by far, leaps and bounds better than the other two heads on your list.

But yeah, we really need to know exactly what you're playing.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
have you thought about getting a tube power amp and just using your pod hd 300 as a pre amp? could save you money
esp ltd ec 1000 vb
schecter blackjack atx c -1 aged white
prs se singlecut fully modded

peavey 5150 combo celestion hot 100 speakers
Quote by Remnest
Can you be a little more specific to the type of music you want to play? Like bands for example? That would give us a better idea of what to suggest.

thousand foot krutch , three days grace , breaking benjamin kind of stuff
Quote by JazzyJaymes
thousand foot krutch , three days grace , breaking benjamin kind of stuff

Used 2 Channel (or 3, just the 2s are usually cheaper) Mesa Dual Rectifier. Absolutely no question.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
The EVH 5150 III Mini is by far, leaps and bounds better than the other two heads on your list.

But yeah, we really need to know exactly what you're playing.

thousand foot krutch , three days grace , breaking benjamin kind of stuff and is the 5150 veristile?
Quote by Offworld92
Used 2 Channel (or 3, just the 2s are usually cheaper) Mesa Dual Rectifier. Absolutely no question.

can i get a mesa for 800$ ? havent seen one that cheap haha
Yes, but usually only on Craigslist. Whereabouts are you located?

Here's a Dual Rec for $900 on GC. http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Used-USED-MESA-DUAL-RECTIFIER-HEAD-109094818-i3197413.gc

Not sure if that's a Trem-O-Verb or just a blackface Dual Rec, but either way definitely worth saving up for if you have to.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Yes, but usually only on Craigslist. Whereabouts are you located?

Here's a Dual Rec for $900 on GC. http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Used-USED-MESA-DUAL-RECTIFIER-HEAD-109094818-i3197413.gc

Not sure if that's a Trem-O-Verb or just a blackface Dual Rec, but either way definitely worth saving up for if you have to.

Fresno cal , and ive checked on craigs list and i found the 5150 brand new for 700 thats why i was considering that
As far as Peavey goes, I would actually recommend a JSX for that sound. I could get some pretty nice Three Days Grace tones out of mine when I had it. I've owned a 5150 212, JSX & 6505 heads, the JSX definitely has more of a relaxed, smooth Rectifier vibe than the 5150/6505.

A Dual Rectifier will actually nail that tone though, it's totally THE alt metal amp, by far. Strongly recommend waiting for one closer to your budget to come by, see if you can talk someone down to $800, etc..

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Don't be over infatuated with tube amps for the sake of being a tube amp. There are pros and cons to everything. Play lots of amps at GC, Sam Ash, or however many music stores are in your area and jam for a while on each one. Get what sounds best to you- Not what name plate on the grill is going to impress more people.
Oh also I'd like to add, not that you would ever bother with this considering your budget, but most stuff from Line 6's X3 era is good for that alt metal sound too.

That includes the X3 Live/X3 Pro, Vetta/Vetta II, HD147 & Flextone III. The HD147 and to a lesser extent the Vetta in particular have been used by a lot of alt metal bands.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
5150III Mini is a great amp when using the MIDI switching. There is a volume difference between ch1 and 2 (shared EQ) but the MIDI fixes that.

What Line 6 cab? Just because they are Celestion's does not mean they are good, Celestion make some really bad speakers as well as the good ones.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
5150III Mini is a great amp when using the MIDI switching. There is a volume difference between ch1 and 2 (shared EQ) but the MIDI fixes that.

What Line 6 cab? Just because they are Celestion's does not mean they are good, Celestion make some really bad speakers as well as the good ones.

I cant say I know for sure but I like the tone of them , I bought the cab used a while back so yeah don't know for sure