Didn't see a better forum to ask this question on, so I decided to post it in here, so...

Avoiding Copyright infringement on YouTube?
I mean, are there any ways? simply taking a song, playing over it and uploading it to YouTube is kind of a risk, you can never really know if in the end it would just be removed since it uses someone else's content and all your hard work will basically go to waste.

I am asking this question because I'm a bit frustrated about this issue, and not sure how to overcome it. Since it's UG here, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one uploading covers, so maybe someone already has some sort of solution/tips?

Thanks a lot,
Nati.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
the best way to avoid copyright infringement is to not upload anything that infringes copyright

Oh god, really? never would of thought of that

Seriously though, uploading covers without copyright infringement isn't that simple always, therefore I am looking for some tips/solutions to know better how to avoid from it, so I could still upload covers, but not having to worry so much about whether they would stay there or not.

Same covers I'm uploading that are accused of copyright infringement, are being removed, while other covers for a same song by different people, may still be up.
Quote by NatiScream
Oh god, really? never would of thought of that

Well that's what we're here for bud.
Quote by TheChaz
Well that's what we're here for bud.

No doubt.

Than again, If 2 people upload the same cover, how come one gets accused of copyright infringement while the other one doesn't? there's gotta be a reason. Just luck? could be, but not sure. So, what could it be? gotta be something.
What's the problem? I have many copyrighted material on my channel, but it's been a long time something was deleted. Now I just get a "Matched third party content" notification, press "Acknowledge" and it works fine. These are covers and uploaded songs by other artists.
Quote by Zaqq
What's the problem? I have many copyrighted material on my channel, but it's been a long time something was deleted. Now I just get a "Matched third party content" notification, press "Acknowledge" and it works fine. These are covers and uploaded songs by other artists.

Mostly that all that happened to me too, but sometimes it also gets blocked in many countries, which is kind of a big deal.
Acknowledged a "Matched third party content" yesterday, and today my cover was blocked in almost any country in the world, from Afghanistan to Russia to Argentina, and it was even blocked in my own country, so I had to dispute, though I see a few covers for the same song that didn't get blocked.

Can't understand why. In the other covers, did they move the song a tone or two up or down? Did they play it with the original song extremely quite in the background? Just wanna know if theres something to help me with the issues in the future.
Quote by NatiScream
Just wanna know if theres something to help me with the issues in the future.

Stop infringing other people's copyrights.
You should mention in the description that the song doesn't really belong to you, that you get no monetary value from it and some other things like that.

Best thing you could do, though, is find a few paragraphs in the copyright laws, those that apply on youtube, and copy-paste the part that clearly allows you to upload video covers.

However, if you read youtube terms of service, they really can shut down any video they want at any time.
If you use the original track as a backing track then you're more likely (in my experiences) to get noticed/taken down. Youtube has magical (<--- I use this term very loosely) algorithms that can detect copyrighted songs and automatically flag the video. I have never heard of an experience where a "from scratch" backing track was used and the video was taken down. So if you can find some 3rd party backing tracks then that is your best bet. But as mentioned above, Youtube can do whatever they want.
If you say in the description that you don't own any of it, you're fine.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Oh and if you use the phrase "educational purposes" you'll be fine.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA