Hello, this is my first post here, so i hope you guys help me choose the best for me

So i have a Jackson RR3 with tb4 bridge and sh-2n jazz neck pickups.

I kinda want a more 'metal' tone, so if i got EMGs, will i get that tone
[forbidden link]

Look at the pinch harmonics and that dirty tone, i want this tone, or more like early metallica tone, will changing to EMGs help?

I got a Blackstar HT-1R amp anyway
You have decent pickups. The amp is what is holding you back. Are emg's better? Its a personal preference to some degree. I have a pair on a drop tuned gibson SG and its my go-to droptuned guitar. But than i have another 15+ guitars with passives mostly gibson and ibby prestiges.

You need to learn what you like and go for there.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I agree with the amp being the weak link in your tone. You want something with more overall power to get a better metal tone. You can possibly sell the amp onwards for a hundred or maybe even more if it's in good shape, and I presume you'd have at least 200$ saved for the pickups. With that 300$ or more you could even get an used 6505+ combo which would be a huge improvement.

EDIT: wait, I'm thinking in euros and changing the currency the wrong way... anyway, even if you can't find an amp like that you could still find a lot better amp by saving a little.
Last edited by guitar/bass95 at Jul 14, 2013,
get a cheap od pedal (e.g. digitech bad monkey) and use it as a boost.

or better amp ideally.

then get pickups if you're not sounding metal enough. a jb wouldn't be my #1 choice for metal but it'll do it at a pinch if the rest of your gear is suitable...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It is also possible that the playing technique is lacking...just saying...

You don't have to go with actives, a compressor with a slight boost will pretty much give you the tone of actives.

If you want a high gain pickup and you don't care about other genres try the X2N, that one has a screaming mid range.
The links not working.

The TB4 is capable of Metallica. I have them in my Jackson. I also other guitars with EMG's. You may like the EMGs better but seriously, you should be saving for a better amp. Those pickups are fine.

Try and get the vid working, but unless it's the same amp you can't compare it to your setup.