OK, first off hi! I'm new to the forums here, so sorry any mistakes

I currently have a Fender Mustang II Amplifier, and my guitar is a Hagstrom Ultra Swede. I also have an Eko acoustic guitar.

I am an intermediate player (Been playing for just over 5 years). I'm into Rock music, Classic Rock, Alternative Rock, and Punk Pop.

My favorite artists include: Paramore (amazing), Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Biffy Clyro, Ac/Dc, Lynard Skynard, Pink Floyd, Wishbone Ash, Guns 'n' Roses, etc, etc...

I am just wondering about how good my current gear set up is? And what I should upgrade first, and what too? Also, what about pedals? Especially a distortion one?

Thanks, any advice is appreciated!
Hagstrom guitars are very nice, I would look into a better amp.

But in order to recommend amps we need:
budget
playing alone or with a band
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I'd get a new amp. That's almost always the case but especially with yours. That's a decent guitar and not a bad home set up at all but if you wanna jam with a drummer, or anyone, your gonna want a better amp.

Also, loopers are a pandora's box of fun and will help make you a better player.
Quote by Robbgnarly

But in order to recommend amps we need:
budget
playing alone or with a band

Oh, sorry. I live in the UK, I would be looking for a new amp, but a used one in very good nick would be acceptable. I currently play alone, but i am looking to start a band. I'm 16, so my budget would be about £300 - £400, possibly more.
Look at these amps:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL50/100/401
Laney GH50/100
Laney VC100
Jet City JCA50/100
Peavey Ultra/VTM 60/120
Peavey vypyr tube 60/120

some of these are combo's some are heads and would require a cab. Most will have to be bought used also
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by lucky1978

Also, loopers are a pandora's box of fun and will help make you a better player.

Any recommendations on a lopper pedal?

Also, any other pedals that I should consider getting with my set up, and for the genres/artists I like to play (listed above)?

I was thinking of something like distortion, volume, and/or some form of octave pedal? Thoughts on this?
I recommend the Jet City JCA50H, and a nice 212 cabs.

I play a lot of similar music to you, and I have no problem getting Gn'r, acdc, blink 182, foo fighters, or pink floyde tones from my JCA50H.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Quote by Jagsfan
Any recommendations on a lopper pedal?

Also, any other pedals that I should consider getting with my set up, and for the genres/artists I like to play (listed above)?

I was thinking of something like distortion, volume, and/or some form of octave pedal? Thoughts on this?

The Digitech Jam Man is decent, but $200ish new. TC electronics has the new Ditto looper for $125 it is a very basic looper, but soposedly good and easy to use.

Don't get a distortion pedal, get a decent Overdrive pedal to boost the amp input. I use a Digitech Bad Monkey and a GFS Greenie classic. They both work good and are $50 new but you can get them for $25-$30 used
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
+1 on the JCA50 and a decent cab. If you have any left over money get an overdrive. Personally id advise against distortion pedals, simply use the overdrive pedal to push the amp a bit if you feel you need more gain. The Digitech bad monkey is a solid suggestion. Or check out the Joyo vintage overdrive. Both are cheap and quite good.
Guitars:
-Carvin CS6
-Carvin DC4 w/ Bigsby
-Takamine EG530SC
-Seagull S12QI

Amps:
-Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
-Carvin V3MC
it's gonna be hard to beat the jet city head for the price you can get it for on thomann (£250 new for the 50 watt head with 3 year warranty). Combine that with the harley benton g212 vintage cabinet (~£165 or something like that) and a speaker cable (~£10?) and you have a killer rig.

thomann also does the traynor ycv50b combo for a pretty good price (~£480 I think), though it might be out of stock at the moment. They normally get them in again, though, and it might be better for less heavy tones.

pedals... hard to go wrong with a digitech bad monkey. again, thomann does it cheaper than the UK, around £25. the screamin blues is pretty nice too for a more transparent od. doesn't hurt to have both, really. (I mean you to use them as a boost for the amp, just to clarify- gain at 0, level full, tone controls to taste. Both those amps, especially the jet city, have got great distortion already in the amp. There's no need for a separate distortion pedal unless you need a distortion type which the amp doesn't provide and which a pedal will e.g. fuzz or a differently-voiced distortion pedal.)

Chorus and delay wouldn't hurt. And wah. You could hold off on those until you'd saved more money, though, the amp/speakers and the od/boost pedals are the main concern.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jul 14, 2013,
Great! So, it looks like the Jet City JCA50H, and the Harley Benton G212 Vintage Cabinet are the ones for me.

Thanks again!
as i said, for lower gain tones the traynor might be better. you do seem to have a fair few lower gain type stuff in the bands you said you liked. Up to you, really.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?