I used to frequent the forums until i started my career over two years ago, so a lot of my time has been taken up from that. I still play frequently, but my electric rig has been stored at a friend's house for almost a year now. I'm getting it out soon and getting back into playing electric. I don't have the need for many separate pedals, b/c i only use FX occasionally.

Already have a CFH wah, looking into either attaining a Fulltone Fulldrive II (used to have one and loved it) or Fulltone OCD for extra OD. I like playing around with delay, chorus, phaser, and of course will venture out with other FX for experimentation's sake.

Gear: Agile les paul (al3000 i believe) with alnico II pickups, Randall RM50 valve amp.

styles are mostly just hard rock and noodling with progressive stuff when i'm in the mood.

thanks for the help guys, maybe i'll see some old friends pop up in here.

oh and price range could be anywhere up to $250 but i'd like to stay under 200 since i'll be spending another 150ish on OD pedal.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Look at the Line 6 M5/M9 MFX. They have no amp models at all, but lots of nice FX modeling. If you want amp models also, the Line 6 POD HD is really nice.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
looked up the m5 and it appears to be a reasonably priced fun FX pedal. the only bad part is it looks like you can't have more than one fx running at once, unless it's a preset effect. but that's not bad considering it's simplicity and compactness.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
You can get the M5 for $100ish used so for the price it is pretty good at being versatile. The main drawback is like you said only one FX at a time.

You can find the Line 6 POD HD300/400 for <$200 used at www.guitarcenter.com/usedgear they do have amp/cab modeling, but you can disable those functions and use only the FX.

Also if it is for just messing around the Line 6 POD XT/X3 live is a good modeling unit and normally <$150 these can also be used for FX only and the FX are pretty good
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
yeah man thanks for all the recs, i think the M5 will suit just fine. i've been getting way more into buckethead lately and it resparked my favor of synth like sounds here and there. amp/cab modeling is no issue, the tone i get from my randall is pretty much a hotrodded plexi (brown sound module), and with a great OD thrown in front of it, it's pretty much nailing all my wanted sounds short of BFMV/FFDP style heavy metal.

not to mention, i can get it brand new for around 125 on eBay.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
No worries, glad I could help.

There are the Zoom pedals that are single stomp-box size but do a variety of FX. I actually saw a band last night and the guitarist was using one. He said the FX quality were so/so for the most part with a few good ones. But it is also 1 FX at a time
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
If you don't want mods I'd say the Boss GT-8 and GT-10 range is a great deal, especially if you want to do a 4 cable connection as it can switch your amp. I don't like the POD range at all, if you want modeling look into Vox. Not as much versatility in fx but best sounding modeler IMO.
Quote by diabolical
If you don't want mods I'd say the Boss GT-8 and GT-10 range is a great deal, especially if you want to do a 4 cable connection as it can switch your amp. I don't like the POD range at all, if you want modeling look into Vox. Not as much versatility in fx but best sounding modeler IMO.

The Line 6 M and HD series has really good FX. The are better than anything in the price range right now. The HD series has really good amp models, I'd be willing to say better than 11Rack which is very good but more expensive.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate