So essentially Tyson Gay and two as of yet unnamed Jamaican sprinters with Olympic medals have been eating something with their cereal that they shouldn't've.

Fast sprinters. Like really fast sprinters. From Jamaica.

Linky:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/jul/14/tyson-gay-tests-positive-banned-substance
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/jul/14/jamaican-sprinters-fail-drugs-test
REGGIE
Last edited by LeakyFlask at Jul 14, 2013,
I'm sure everyone else thought what I did about this based on the title.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I came in here thinking you meant all homosexual and Jamaican medalists, as if they share some common property.
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
Doubt it's Blake or Bolt. One of the female Jamaicans tested positive a month or so ago. Could just be two of the inconsequential relay losers
Quote by willT08
Hasn't Tyson been done before for cheating?

Nope.

And this is really disappointing. Kind of hoped we were mostly past this, it's been a few years since a top class sprinter tested positive. Excluding Campbell-Brown who tested positive a few weeks ago.

Quote by raoooos
Doubt it's Blake or Bolt. One of the female Jamaicans tested positive a month or so ago. Could just be two of the inconsequential relay losers

Agreed; with any luck it's people running in the relay heats (they get medals too for people who don't know). But that may still mean Bolt and others might lost their medals.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Last edited by Meths at Jul 14, 2013,
Quote by OneHappyCamper
I came in here thinking you meant all homosexual and Jamaican medalists, as if they share some common property.

Same
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by Meths
Nope.

I really thought it was him. Not sure who I'm thinking about then. Well he seems like a nice enough guy, hopefully he can do a Dwain and rip up everything when he gets back.
Quote by willT08
I really thought it was him. Not sure who I'm thinking about then. Well he seems like a nice enough guy, hopefully he can do a Dwain and rip up everything when he gets back.

Gatlin?
Quote by raoooos

I'm just mainly hoping it's not Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce.

Quote by OneHappyCamper

To be honest I have a hard time seeing Jamaican homosexuals as being allowed to get medals, if you pardon my racism concerning Jamaican homophobia.
REGGIE
Quote by willT08
Hasn't Tyson been done before for cheating?

No, Justin Gatlin. He's the big one in USA.

I really hope it's true that it's Tyson's trainer who was giving him illegal substances and he wasn't aware. I doubt the truth of the matter will ever come out and his image is certainly damaged...but I want to believe Tyson Gay didn't actively cheat, he's been one of my idols for years even though I'm a distance runner.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by willT08

Gatlin's been done twice. He's not got a lifetime ban because apparently his excuses were just enough valid enough to get him a 4 year ban for the latter offence.

Dwain hasn't ripped much up except in the UK (and Europe a bit). And thanks to Dasaolu (who better be clean), he's not our best sprinter any more.

Quote by LeakyFlask
I'm just mainly hoping it's not Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce.

Agreed, she might be facing a lifetime ban (she tested positive for Oxycodone a few years back). That would suck.

Quote by Artemis Entreri
I really hope it's true that it's Tyson's trainer who was giving him illegal substances and he wasn't aware. I doubt the truth of the matter will ever come out and his image is certainly damaged...but I want to believe Tyson Gay didn't actively cheat, he's been one of my idols for years even though I'm a distance runner.

I'm inclined to believe him at this point but I'm always desperate for more details in these cases. Not a patient person...

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths

Dwain hasn't ripped much up except in the UK

That's what I meant

Christ I remember when Craig Pickering was gonna be our saviour
Seriously Tyson? You ass. No longer my favorite for beating Bolt.
My God, it's full of stars!
^Chill. Might have been doped by his coach. I'll wait for the second test and the following excuses.

Although I don't see anyone beating Bolt now. Assuming he isn't one of the other positive tests. And I will go apeshit if he is.

Quote by willT08
That's what I meant

Christ I remember when Craig Pickering was gonna be our saviour

He is. But for bobsleighing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/winter-sports/21372466

Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
^Chill. Might have been doped by his coach. I'll wait for the second test and the following excuses.

Although I don't see anyone beating Bolt now. Assuming he isn't one of the other positive tests. And I will go apeshit if he is.

Yeah I wouldn't want that either. I love performance freaks of nature.
Quote by Dreadnought
Seriously Tyson? You ass. No longer my favorite for beating Bolt.

Agreed with Meths. Chill. Wait for everything to come out. Tyson has been a clean athlete for many years. I find it hard to believe he actively sought out performance enhancing drugs. Especially considering three other athletes under this trainer have tested positive. (Source pending, digging through lets run)

I was calling him a long shot for beating bolt but still a chance.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Agreed with Meths. Chill. Wait for everything to come out.

You are taking me way too seriously.
Quote by Dreadnought
You are taking me way too seriously.

That's what I get for not reading WHO posted. Should have known....

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by LeakyFlask
Seems the two sprinters were Asafa Powell and Sherone Simpson.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/23307913

This is one of the worst days for Athletics ever. To have two of the three fastest sprinters ever test positive is just painful.

EDIT: So apparently the stimulant that Powell and Simpson tested positive for is oxilofrine which is a specified substance. That means it's considered to be one that isn't a blatant doping violation (e.g. HGH, steroids) and may be more likely to be inadvertently consumed.

Oscar Wilde
Last edited by Meths at Jul 14, 2013,
Quote by Meths
This is one of the worst days for Athletics ever. To have two of the three fastest sprinters ever test positive is just painful.

EDIT: So apparently the stimulant that Powell and Simpson tested positive for is oxilofrine which is a specified substance. That means it's considered to be one that isn't a blatant doping violation (e.g. HGH, steroids) and may be more likely to be inadvertently consumed.

Yeah i came here to post this. We'll see how it shakes out.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712