I want to use a 2 way toggle, but I have on idea waht SPDT, DPDT, ON-ON, ON-OFF, any of that means.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
SPST ..... First thing to come up in google
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Quote by red.guitar
SPST ..... First thing to come up in google

That setup is an intermittent switch. Meaning it will only be "switched" while you are holding down the button. That may be exactly what TS wants, not sure.

What do you want it to do? Be a switch that is like above, so you can make tapping like effects, or one that will be either on or off without holding it?

If you want a simple on/off, then you want an ON-OFF, SPST (Single pole, single throw). Basically your normal light switch type of function.

Pole is the number of switch contacts.
Throw is the number of conducting positions.

(ON)-OFF or ON-(OFF) are momentary switches.

ON-OFF-ON Just as it sounds. two connections with a third middle position which is off.
Last edited by D_M_I at Jul 14, 2013,
Do you have a tuner that you can use to mute?

Kill switches seemed pointless to me unless you are after effects value from cutting the signal rapidly. Why have the kill switch mounted to your guitar when chances are you are trying to change guitars without the buzz noise. It makes no sense in that regard as the switch would be useless once you unplug the cable.

As the other guys have asked what are you going to use it for?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Yes, I want it to behave like a lightswitch - on or off, without needing to hold it.

A previous owner drilled another hole in my single humbucker single volume Kramer, and it just seems more fitting to put in a killswitch than a tone knob or something like that, that's all.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Yes, I want it to behave like a lightswitch - on or off, without needing to hold it.

A previous owner drilled another hole in my single humbucker single volume Kramer, and it just seems more fitting to put in a killswitch than a tone knob or something like that, that's all.

SPST. Don't get a momentary switch. You need a latching.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.