Page 1 of 2
Me and my band had our first show today. It was an outside picnic event at the park, and we played for about an hour infront of maybe 50-60 people. It took alot of convincing, but I finally got my bandmates to agree to cover one of my favorite songs with me on stage. It was a cover of this song called "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin.

Well I decided to close our set with this song. I thought I would kick ass at it, but stuff happened.. First, I epicly failed playing the solo. I was missing almost every note and it just sounded bad because my hands were all sweaty and I was nervous.. Then the bridge/outro came in.. My voice was shot from the other 11 songs we played and I just couldnt hit the high notes. At some part I sounded like I was puking.. Eventually I realized I couldn't hit the high notes so I just started doing some of my metal screaming, but it still didnt work out too well.

I could see everyone in the crowd laughing at me and shaking their heads. After we played I also heard alot of people talking shit about me and making fun of me.. I feel like my music career is already over, and its so depressing. is there hope?
I wore a dress to school once cause I lost a bet if that makes you feel any better
e-married to Jack (bladez)
Quote by DaltonWilliams2
maybe 50-60 people.

Quote by DaltonWilliams2
I feel like my music career is already over, and its so depressing.

lol, don't beat yourself up. people would've hated you for covering that song even if you didn't play it terribly.
Get the fuck over it.

Seriously. That's about all you can do. Get over it, get back on the horse, practice your shit more, and do it all over again.

Shit happens. If you let it put you down now you might as well give up.

One bad show =/= end of career.

EDIT: Why would you play Stairway at a gig.

Nobody wants to hear that song anymore, honestly.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
I would say make sure you know how to play it before you gig with it.

And you need a new amp.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
**** dude that really sucks

But hey everyone bombs every now and then, Just learn from it and keep going.
giving up because you humiliated yourself infront of 50 people by playing a song badly is a bit lame
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
At some part I sounded like I was puking.. Eventually I realized I couldn't hit the high notes so I just started doing some of my metal screaming, but it still didnt work out too well.

...So you decided the best way to stop sounding like someone throwing up was to use a vocal technique that sounds like someone throwing up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBh895KdXAU

I feel like my music career is already over, and its so depressing. is there hope?

You had one bad gig at a one-set picnic. It was your first show ever. Nobody is going to hold it against you for life. Don't beat yourself up.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by jjfeu662
I would say make sure you know how to play it before you gig with it.

And you need a new amp.

What makes you say that?
Quote by DaltonWilliams2
What makes you say that?

You made this account to post this?

I suspect a multi...

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I'm not going to lie, I was laughing at you just reading your description of what happened.

It happens. Who cares what others think. Do something to get your mind off of it and in a few weeks you'll forget all about it.
Quote by DaltonWilliams2
What makes you say that?

Because clearly your current one is bottlenecking your tone and causing you to sound like shit. I suggest the Peavey Vypyr.
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by raoooos
haha you're fucking terrible

Rossy boi has spoken.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by jjfeu662
Because clearly your current one is bottlenecking your tone and causing you to sound like shit. I suggest the Peavey Vypyr.

Ummmm I currently use a Fender '57 Twin Tube Amp that costs over a thousand dollars, through a BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone pedal. I think my equiptment is a little more high end than a piece of shit Viper.
Quote by jjfeu662

A spider would be way better for what he's doing

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Quote by DaltonWilliams2
Me and my band had our first show today. It was an outside picnic event at the park, and we played for about an hour infront of maybe 50-60 people. It took alot of convincing, but I finally got my bandmates to agree to cover one of my favorite songs with me on stage. It was a cover of this song called "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin.

I love how you phrased that.
Quote by DaltonWilliams2
Ummmm I currently use a Fender '57 Twin Tube Amp that costs over a thousand dollars, through a BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone pedal. I think my equiptment is a little more high end than a piece of shit Viper.

A Metal Zone through a Twin? U mad?
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by raoooos
haha you're fucking terrible

I was scrolling down and I just starting laughing at this comment
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Quote by DaltonWilliams2

Quote by DaltonWilliams2

> thousand dollars tube amp
> run through a boss metal zone
> derp

get a used 6505+, and a boss metal core
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by DaltonWilliams2
Yeah I was stuck with a Metalzone for this show. I usually use a digitech thingy.

Ah, the Digitech T-2 Thingy overdrive. Very temperamental pedal, but has some wonderful sweet spots.

Quote by DaltonWilliams2

Ya, you definitely need a new amp. That one is shit.
Quote by necrosis1193
Ah, the Digitech T-2 Thingy overdrive. Very temperamental pedal, but has some wonderful sweet spots.

Personally, I find if you turn down the doodad to about 9 oclock, the mids sound a LOT better.
Quote by angusfan16
Id laugh too if someone broke out stairway in their set. What a shit song

not a shit song, an overplayed song.
Quote by Ssargentslayer
Personally, I find if you turn down the doodad to about 9 oclock, the mids sound a LOT better.

Eh, I always just put the doodad at noon, basically take it out of the circuit. The really great EQs are when you start playing with the kajigger.

I feel a bit better now. Thank you TS.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
EVERYONE HAS SHIT GIGS. EVERYONE.

Do what you can to make sure this doesn't happen again, but don't sweat it.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
when i was in third grade i was at sunday school in a huge room with all of the other grades and i farted really loud while we were praying and everybody laughed ;_;
you're a stone fox
Quote by DaltonWilliams2

>57 twin
>metal zone

WHY
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I was the guitarist for my high school's jazz band.

My guitar cable crapped out on me right before it was my turn to take a solo.

Did I care? Hell no. I got to look cool onstage [which at the time, as a 14 year old me was all that really mattered]

Anyway, about your er... dilemma. Given enough time, no one is going to remember 'that one time the guitarist who messed up Stairway'. It might be a funny anecdote people will tell their friends but that's about it. I mean come on. It really IS funny. We've all purposefully watched crappy guitarists on Youtube for a good laugh. Now you know what it feels like to be one.

Question is what are you going to do about it?

Edit: A boss metal zone through a fender twin 57?
Last edited by E7#9 at Jul 14, 2013,
Page 1 of 2