zincabopataurio
1,179 IQ
Anyone here keep a journal? Doesn't have to be a physical journal, I'm pretty sure blogs count too.

What's your experience with it, why do you do it, why do you still keep one?
homeless-john
Registered Scum
880 IQ
I kept a notepad next to my bed for a while so that I could write down whatever I could remember of my dreams when I woke up.

It was all bulletpointed and reading it makes me feel like a crazy asshole.
Obsceneairwaves
UG Member
1,001 IQ
oh lord, you're going to blog your life?
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Bair
UG Fanatic
2,918 IQ
Only the one my psychiatrist keeps about me
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
AeroRocker
I'm too old for this ****
1,019 IQ
Never saw the point in it. I know what my thoughts are; why do I need to write them down?
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
JayT44
all my verses is poetry
2,724 IQ
I started keeping one last August, and I'd write down any interesting thoughts or experiences that happen to me. It wasn't a consistent every day thing, just sporadically when I felt I wanted to look back at what I was thinking or feeling at that point in time.

I kind of slowed down with it last semester because I forgot my notebook at home, so I'd keep the thoughts in my phone and then transcribe them later. Haven't done hardly any writing this summer though despite loads of interesting things happening.

Quote by AeroRocker
Never saw the point in it. I know what my thoughts are; why do I need to write them down?

For reflection. It's an interesting feeling to read back on what was happening in your life in the past.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
stratman_13
666lb bongsession
2,092 IQ
I write everything in a journal.

Lyrics, music, everything. I'm not exactly a person that lets out emotions/I have trouble dealing with them. So after I've bottled everything up for a while I'll usually write out what's going on. It helps me move through things.

My brain also moves a thousand miles a minute, so I have difficulty remembering ideas and things of the like, so it's helpful for me to write them out.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
DukeDeRox
I draw STUFF
87 IQ
I kept a journal when I was a depressed angsty 13 year old.

Maybe it helped me become more awesome
rock.freak667
Time Traveler!
686 IQ
Nope. My life was never that interesting that I wanted to remember it.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
genghisgandhi
Kristaps Porzingis
4,337 IQ
I used to keep a dream journal for whenever one specific person would appear in my dream. I don't now though since they're of no importance to me anymore.
Burgery
crack hitler
3,179 IQ
i'd like to because
Quote by stratman_13
My brain also moves a thousand miles a minute, so I have difficulty remembering ideas and things of the like, so it's helpful for me to write them out.

but i dont
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
JayT44
all my verses is poetry
2,724 IQ
Quote by genghisgandhi
I used to keep a dream journal for whenever one specific person would appear in my dream. I don't now though since they're of no importance to me anymore.

Doing that consistently gives you the ability to lucid dream, so I've read. Never tried it myself but the possibility always intrigued me.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Nero Galon
Alright, Alright, Alright
2,490 IQ
Quote by homeless-john
I kept a notepad next to my bed for a while so that I could write down whatever I could remember of my dreams when I woke up.

It was all bulletpointed and reading it makes me feel like a crazy asshole.

Yep I had a dream journal for a month or two. I can only really do it when I don't have to wake up for something though because I lose my recall if I have to concentrate on getting ready for stuff. Now its Summer I should start again. My recall is still pretty decent though.

Last night I dreamt three things.
1. I was in a Lioness sanctuary, and was trying to tranquilize the Lionesses. Was a good dream because I love Lions/Lionesses and it was tense because it felt dangerous in the dream world.

2. I was in a HUUUUGE building and I was looking to find a class, it was a journey looking for it and I eventually got there but when I did the class had just finished.

3. In the final dream I was dreaming that I was in class in my normal real life college and all of a sudden I for some reason pulled 4 of my bottom row teeth out. Was not nice

Quote by JayT44
Doing that consistently gives you the ability to lucid dream, so I've read. Never tried it myself but the possibility always intrigued me.

It's not a guarantee, it is almost essential that you do keep one though. Other things are important like making sure do your reality checks, even in my short 2 months of trying to achieve full lucidity I found myself having a false awakening. Felt awesome knowing I had one. I use my hand as a reality check as they're mean't to be a really reliable signal. Unfortunately i'm yet to do a dream check in the dream world. Doing so would boost me into realizing I was in the dream world.
Last edited by Nero Galon at Jul 14, 2013,
DystoCreativity
269 IQ
Sort of.

I keep a journal within which I write an ongoing story - not quite a dream journal, as many of the installments come to me when I am awake, and they are all connected.

I suppose it's sort of a brain journal, then - all of the entropy in my head manifesting itself as fantasy.

Meh... I guess I used to keep a "me me me" journal, but then I realized that my life is not nearly exciting enough to warrant having every day logged.
Dimarzio45
Chookie's Cookie
763 IQ
Quote by JayT44

Lucid dreaming is the reason why I started a Dream Journal. It's an absolutely amazing experience. The key to having lucid dreams is REMEMBERING your dreams; lucid or not.

Get into it. You'll never regret it. It's a second life that you're missing out on.
Dimarzio45
Chookie's Cookie
763 IQ
BUT, I'm not implying that I have one EVERY night...they're difficult like that...But they're so amazing that it keeps you wanting more.
Nero Galon
Alright, Alright, Alright
2,490 IQ
Yeah even for experienced people they come pretty rare or infrequent. I was so close at one point, I must have been maybe 1 or 2 layers away from full lucidity I swear. Even at that stage it goes down as one of my best dreams yet.
zackk
608 IQ
I record journal entries. As such, my life isn't interesting enough to keep a journal.
Neo Evil11
Feminist
1,498 IQ
I think I will start with one. Planned on doing that last year, but i forgot.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
metaldud536
Multiple trick donkey
954 IQ
I do and sometimes I spend an hour reading entries from a year ago. It's surprising how my thoughts are vastly different. Sometimes entries give me better memories too so it makes pictures in my mind more clear.

I also wrote when I was trying out weed

Basically, I write everyday now. It has turned into a habit.
Last edited by metaldud536 at Jul 14, 2013,
Neo Evil11
Feminist
1,498 IQ
Quote by metaldud536
I do and sometimes I spend an hour reading entries from a year ago. It's surprising how my thoughts are vastly different. Sometimes entries give me better memories too so it makes pictures in my mind more clear.

I also wrote when I was trying out weed

Basically, I write everyday now. It has turned into a habit.

Dude long time no see.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Neo Evil11
Feminist
1,498 IQ
Quote by metaldud536
I lurk the football thread every now and then. I didn't post at all last season cause you guys move fast!

That's no reason not to post. we accept all
random
crap atm.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
guitarxo
cat
1,649 IQ
Well, I've had a tumblr for 3 yrs and before that I had a different blog. Then people I know started following me so now I use it for less personal things and stuff that occurs to me while I'm at the computer.

I used to have lots of different notebooks for everything: dreams, random thoughts, workouts, recipes, what I eat, to-do lists, how I feel, stories, notes from classes, and general journal stuff. I bought a really nice notebook a few months ago though and nearly everything I write goes in there.

Quote by Andrea55
I keep a period journal.

And this. I have an app on my phone for it, and I also have this spreadsheet thing I got from the doctor so I fill in both and consolidate them in a notebook.
cat
Ssargentslayer
Registered Abuser
793 IQ
I'm planning on keeping one this school year so at the end of the day I can write what I learned in each of my classes. I'm thinking it will serve to help me remember a lot of stuff besides the notes that I take in class which can sometimes be overkill and beside the point.
So-Cal
Banned
264 IQ
I have a notebook which I use for things like to do lists, exercise plans, goals, random ideas, etc
Dimarzio45
Chookie's Cookie
763 IQ
Quote by Thrill-house
I have to keep a "pain journal" as a condition of a Doctor I'm seeing, if that counts.

I love your username. Although, to be true to the episode, I'll always read it as Thrillho.
kurt_cobain9
UG's Favorite Creeper
2,330 IQ
I kept a journal one time, and it was after a really ****ed up car accident. I was pretty busted up and not entirely coherent, but i tried to write about it, if only a little bit. it passed the time and also was an interesting read for me. that period of my life practically doesn't exist, and my only memory of it is my own words written in that notebook.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Thrill-house
150 IQ
Quote by Dimarzio45
I love your username. Although, to be true to the episode, I'll always read it as Thrillho.

Thanks. I figured either one was good since he actually says "Thrill-house."
jambi_mantra
Is actually English
740 IQ
I started one when I moved here as a kind of tracker of the highs and lows of moving. It's mainly lows because I only really write in it when I'm feeling shit and need to just vent stuff out in writing.

It's interesting that in the 3 years a lot of the entries read the same
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Dimarzio45
Chookie's Cookie
763 IQ
Quote by Thrill-house
Thanks. I figured either one was good since he actually says "Thrill-house."

That was such a great episode. BONESTORM!

Then again, they're all great episodes
zincabopataurio
1,179 IQ
Quote by guitarxo

I used to have lots of different notebooks for everything: dreams, random thoughts, workouts, recipes, what I eat, to-do lists, how I feel, stories, notes from classes, and general journal stuff. I bought a really nice notebook a few months ago though and nearly everything I write goes in there.

Pretty much what I'm doing at the moment actually. There's something about a nice leather bound journal that's still appealing compared to doing everything on a computer.
Thrill-house
150 IQ
Quote by Dimarzio45

I agree, I'm a huge Simpsons fan.
genghisgandhi
Kristaps Porzingis
4,337 IQ
Quote by Dimarzio45

They were all great
Shadowenspirit
Lady of the Pit
177 IQ
Tumblr.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.