Hello. I'm planning on recording music and playing live and I've been trying to decide between these 2 guitars:

Agile AL-2000 in Honey Sunburst

or
Squier CV 50's Tele in White (changed to a tortoise pickguard)
(Invalid img)

I know they're on two completely different tone sides, but I love the look of both of them.
I could get an HSS Strat but I, don't hate me for this, do not like strats.

I would be playing/recording this kind of stuff:
Pop - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdMHnAO82WQ
Rock/Hard Rock - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aJUnltwsqs and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV4vcr8E4HU
Along with some funk/funk rock and whatnot like RHCP.

I can get the Agile new for $250 after shipping and a used Squier CV Tele for $250 as well.
The worries I have is if I get the Agile, the pickups will sound too muddy. The Tele I'm sure can be tweaked with in the amp to not have it too shrill.
Bass gear:
-Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
-Boss Tu-3 Tuner -> Joyo Vintage Overdrive -> Joyo Vintage Ultimate Overdrive -> Ernie Ball MVP -> TC Nova Repeater
Quote by itzkpanda

The worries I have is if I get the Agile, the pickups will sound too muddy. The Tele I'm sure can be tweaked with in the amp to not have it too shrill.

If that's your worry, get the Tele. I think you've answered your own question.

Ultimately, of course, you'll want both (and you WILL want a strat or a guitar that gives you the same sounds at some point as well). Both are great choices at the low money end of things.
Yeah, I was leaning more towards the tele but I was afraid of any hum it would make while using distortion or high gain.
Bass gear:
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
-Boss Tu-3 Tuner -> Joyo Vintage Overdrive -> Joyo Vintage Ultimate Overdrive -> Ernie Ball MVP -> TC Nova Repeater
My vote is the tele.

if you have noise issues with over drive, and to some extent you will, pending on your set up already, invest in something like this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/mxr-m195-noise-clamp-noise-reduction-guitar-effects-pedal

a really, really cheap solution for a noise gate, i found, was the behringer slow motion. it's like $20. It's meant for volume swell type effects. I haven't used it in a long time, but if you either have the little line on the knobs opposing each other or facing each other (you'll know which one if you try it) it cancels noise and unwanted hiss because it's assuming it's going to do a volume swell, so the volume is technically off. Just play like normal, and your volume will kick in immediately like it normally wood. when you're done playing, mute your strings and it'll go dead quiet again.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

I'd go with the Agile. I've heard good things about the CV's too, but I've owned an Agile for about 8 years (granted it is a higher-up model) and so has my friend and co-guitarist in my band. I've never had a problem with my pickups being muddy, although sure, they're not the best pickups in the world by any means. They're not bad by any means though.

I'd choose the Agile based on my experiences with both brands. The Agile will likely have better tuners, and in general hold tune better than the Squier. I've literally never met a Squier than suits my tuning stability needs for playing lead guitar. The humbuckers will be more suited to your heavier rock needs as well.

All-in-all, each guitar will have it's own set of pro's and con's. The real decision here is which guitar you feel will cover more of your needs.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Thank you for the advice, both of you.

I might be able to go to guitar center soon (like a 45 minute drive away from where I live) so I can see if they have a CV Tele that I can try.
Is the agile neck similar to that of a les Paul? Because if it is, I can just compare the feel of the tele with an epi LP
Bass gear:
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
Quote by itzkpanda
Is the agile neck similar to that of a les Paul? Because if it is, I can just compare the feel of the tele with an epi LP

yes my Agile necks feel the same as my Epi's necks, maybe slightly thicker. been a bit since I've played my Epi.
Quote by itzkpanda
Thank you for the advice, both of you.

I might be able to go to guitar center soon (like a 45 minute drive away from where I live) so I can see if they have a CV Tele that I can try.

First off, no problem! Glad to help out a fellow guitarist!

Making the trip to check out the CV would be a great idea! I'm taking it both of the guitars you're deciding between are used, correct? I'm basing that off of the fact that the CV you posted a picture of has underwent a pickguard swap. If so, keep in mind that even though the two guitars are the same model, there will be some differences to the way they feel and sound. Those differences may not be major, but there will likely be some variance from guitar to guitar.

And as I said in my previous post, I would definitely make it a point to play some leads on the CV to see how well it holds tune. That's my biggest gripe with the Squier line. Of course, that is a problem that you can remedy with new tuners and/or an upgrade of the nut if you feel the CV is tonally more of what you're looking for.

Depending on the model of Epi you try, the neck will likely be similar. If I'm not mistaken, Epi necks are a slight bit beefier than the Agile necks but that size differential might be fairly negligible. I'd recommend playing an Epi "Standard" model, as some of the signature and other models may have varying neck specs.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
The Squier CV Tele will be used if I decide to get it. I'll be swapping out the stock black pickguard to a tortoise one.
The Agile will be new, sent from Rondo Music. Both guitars will cost me around $250 after shipping/tax.

Thanks again. I'll keep that in mind when I go to Guitar Center.
Is there anything I should know?
Bass gear:
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
Quote by itzkpanda
The Squier CV Tele will be used if I decide to get it. I'll be swapping out the stock black pickguard to a tortoise one.
The Agile will be new, sent from Rondo Music. Both guitars will cost me around $250 after shipping/tax.

Thanks again. I'll keep that in mind when I go to Guitar Center.
Is there anything I should know?

yeah, the butterscotch version has alnico v pickups and the white has alnico iii.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

FYI, Rondo Music has some models of AL-2000 on sale for $159 today. Hit that shit!
Yeah, I just saw that. I was really leaning towards the CV Tele but with the HSBF Al-2000 for only $178 after shipping, I'm going for it.
Maybe in the future when I get some more money, I'll get me a beautiful tele.
Bass gear:
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
you could always get the slim al2000 i have one if you prefer thin necks. very nice guitar for the price. they have the flat black slim on sale too. nice looking guitar too.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Last edited by romeozdistress at Jul 17, 2013,
I don't really know how the slim and wide necks feel. Heck, I don't even know how the regular neck feels.
I've been using a squier acoustic so that's what I'm hoping it feels similar too. Hopes aren't up though haha.
Bass gear:
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
Last edited by itzkpanda at Jul 17, 2013,
Quote by itzkpanda
I don't really know how the slim and wide necks feel. Heck, I don't even know how the regular neck feels.
I've been using a squier acoustic so that's what I'm hoping it feels similar too. Hopes aren't up though haha.

the slim neck is really slim like 17 mm. your hopes should be high. this will blow your squier away.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
This may make a difference in your decision. Rondo Music has a whole raft of AL 2000s available for $159. Most recent pricing has been $225. Run. Do Not Walk.

Ah, rats -- someone beat me to it.