Poll: Would you push the button?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you push the button?
Yes
46 75%
No
15 25%
Voters: 61.
Page 1 of 3
You're on a big boat carrying a bunch of average everyday passengers like yourself. At the same time, due to irrelevant circumstances, there is another big boat carrying a bunch of convicted criminals. Both boats are rigged with bombs and other explosives. Each boat has 1 control with a button that will detonate the bombs on the other boat. It becomes known, due to irrelevant circumstances, that if neither boat pushes the button within maybe 30 minutes, then the explosives on both boats will blow up.

If you're on the boat with average everyday people, would you be in favor of pushing the button and detonating the bombs on the other boat?
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Imagine you're on a boat

Oh god i'm sick
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
I exoect the button to detonate my own boat , so no.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
so Dark Knight is where that scene is from...I knew I recognized that scene somewhere.

Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises were great. Batman Begins on the other hand, if they didn't cast Katie Holmes it would of been better.
Quote by naedauuf
Shit working 24 hours a week at $12 an hour makes me rich?

BOW BEFORE ME PEASANTS.
Can't I just jump out the boat and swim? I'd like to just jump out and swim and leave this decision to someone else. Though if I were in the criminal boat, I guess I'd be out of luck anyways.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Yeah. A group of non-criminals are probably gonna be better in general and make more people happy than a group of criminals. It's the right thing to do
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
I'd jump off the boat and swim away. Yeah, I'd be that guy -- the one who starts a mass exodus off the boats.
Quote by wizards?
Dark Knight sucked.

says the dude who made the walking dead thread
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Id throw the switch out the window

#Original
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by bradulator
You're on a big boat carrying a bunch of average everyday passengers like yourself.

Who says I'm average?
Wayne's World! Party Time! Excellent!
Party on Wayne. Party on Garth

Schecter Platinum C-1 Floyd Rose

Quote by Lord_Doku
Friendship and masturbation go a long way towards happiness. Until you have sex, then it's friendship and sex. And an empty wallet.
Quote by Primus2112
says the dude who made the walking dead thread

#realtalk
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
both boats blow in 30 minutes if nobody presses the button? i'd be in favor of flipping the switch whichever boat i was on, i don't believe that sparing the boat full of civilians is in any way the moral thing to do.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Burgery
both boats blow in 30 minutes if nobody presses the button? i'd be in favor of flipping the switch whichever boat i was on, i don't believe that sparing the boat full of civilians is in any way the moral thing to do.

i don't kwno if it's the ambien or im dumb as hell but idh a clue as to whats going on
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
^ lul
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i don't kwno if it's the ambien or im dumb as hell but idh a clue as to whats going on

hey i have read and fully understand the question, i'm just thikning outside the box here man
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Jul 14, 2013,
I'd be in favor of pressing the switch. I don't want to lose my life and indecision leads me to lose my life so I would do it. I won't rationalize it by comparing my life to the life of the criminals. I wouldn't even wait lol
This is exactly why I don't go on boats.
Quote by synestershadows
Shai Hulud mother****er.
I don't know if I could push that button. I mean it's basically how the people acted in that scene, where the non-prisoners felt like they had the right to push the button, but none of them could do it themselves.

Mainly because killing a boat full of people isn't an easy thing to make yourself do.

Basically I'd want the button to be pushed, not by me, though.
Better nate than lever
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
I choose option C: Jump overboard.

Also couldn't you have at least tried to pretend you didn't just see The Dark Knight for the first time Brad? At least make it a little different.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by The Madcap
I don't know if I could push that button. I mean it's basically how the people acted in that scene, where the non-prisoners felt like they had the right to push the button, but none of them could do it themselves.

Mainly because killing a boat full of people isn't an easy thing to make yourself do.

Basically I'd want the button to be pushed, not by me, though.

Exactly this
cat
I'd be in favor of blowing the boat full of criminals to kingdom come, aye.

The problem would arise when you realize that the criminals would probably give even less of a crap about blowing up a boat full of civilians - it becomes a race against each other to flip the switch first, and civilians who pick really inconvenient times to activate their moral compasses may doom the civilians.

That said... I am a bit of a wuss, and would not likely be able to hit the button myself, because I'd be one of those people who pick inconvenient times to activate that moral compass - what were they convicted for? Are juvenile delinquents included? What if the people on my boat are just as bad, and they just haven't been convicted?

That last one would do it. I'd commandeer a lifeboat and paddle like my life depended on it - it would, of course.
Last edited by DystoCreativity at Jul 14, 2013,
Quote by DukeDeRox
C:

Smiling is the best option

THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
I'd genuinely have no hesitations to push the button. And I mean that.

In life, you've gotta do what you've gotta do to survive.
RIP Tom Searle.
yes, solely because i am on the boat. although boats make me want to die, i don't want to die in general. i consider both boats equal besides the inclusion of me.
I'd say I've got 30 minutes to get as many people off the boats as I can.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Page 1 of 3