Pics first. Because that's what you want, right?

This pic almost makes it look glorious...

A crate Blue Voodoo 50!

A little review, starting with the clean channel. I'm not much of a clean channel kind of guy, but I'll do my best here. I'd probably go far enough to say that the clean channel on this is very good. I can get a nice deep bluesy tone all the way up to a country twang type of thing very easily. It was very easy for me to dial in a tone I like. The only downside is that i couldn't hear it cranked. There's no master volume on the channel, and there seems to be plenty of headroom. The mid control also affects the volume largely. There also seems to be some fizz from the reverb, but very light. If you like a clean bluesy tone, this amp can definitely do that.

Now the OD channel. It's pretty high gain, but also incredibly bright and a little fizzy. Proper EQ'ing and playing with the presence knob (I've got it at almost zero) near eliminates some of the fizz and helps cure the shrill high end. Once that's all cleared up, the overdrive really shines. It's great for things like 80's hair metal, Metallica, Iron Maiden, and the like. With (and maybe even without) a boost, It easily reaches more modern metal and rock territories. It's not the tightest with it's bass response, but it seems to clear up the more it is cranked. With leads, the reverb is a nice touch as well. This amp performs pretty damn well overdriven. I hear with a retube, this amp becomes a real beast...

Anyways, as for features, it's 50 watts, has an effects loop, 8, 4, and 16 ohm speaker outs, and a line out. Oh, and reverb.

I'm actually rather happy that i stumbled into this. It sounds great to me, and I can crank it a bit more than my Jet City. I'd easily recommend it as a first or second tube amp, but that's just me personally. I'm giving it an 8/10 on my scale.

A question for those of you who know about tubes: What should I retube this guy with to remove some of that shrill high end? Keep in mind I enjoy playing songs by bands like KsE.
Rig:
Jackson SLSMG/Ibanez S470QS/Charvel DS-1 -> JCA100H/BV50H -> Carvin V212

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Some of my farts last longer than Axe does.
Was that a combo originally? I've never seen one of those as a head.

JJ Ecc83 and Mullard 12ax7 are pretty good tubes to try out
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Was that a combo originally? I've never seen one of those as a head.

JJ Ecc83 and Mullard 12ax7 are pretty good tubes to try out
Nope, they made the 50w as a head for a while earlier on.

HNAD! Yeah, some JJs and Mullards would be great for cutting out some of those shrill highs, and it should take some fizz off the top as well.
Quote by ExDementia
Nope, they made the 50w as a head for a while earlier on.

HNAD! Yeah, some JJs and Mullards would be great for cutting out some of those shrill highs, and it should take some fizz off the top as well.

I have never seen one either.

JJ's for the preamp to help the fizz. Presence down to zero like you say helps as well.

Pretty rare amp.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Search out the blue voodoo thread, lots of good info. I modded mine and highly recommend doing such.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/