Page 1 of 2
Hey everyone. I know it's a short time after my previous thread but I've got something stuck up my ass and I want to get it out. My bandmates never do what I tell them to do. First off, we have a "screamer" who doesnt play an instrument, who they claim is the "lead vocalist". I find this to be bullshit, considering I was doing all the singing and screaming before he even came in the band, and also considering I only let him do screams live during choruses as backing vocals.

I want us to be musically diverse, but my bandmates just want to play straight metal and be like every other band. We can't be diverse because my rhythm guitarist just writes metal riffs. When I suggested we close our setlist with an acoustic song, they all just gave me the shit look and shook their heads. They've also rejected at least 5 of my song ideas for being "too soft". The drummer gets all pissy with me because he doesn't want to use the ideas for drum parts that I came up with. They also rejected my idea to use a headset mic for preformances so I can jump around and headbang while I sing.

Also at the show, the screamer kept trying to stand in front of me, and the drummer got all pissy with me again saying "He's the frontman dude, let him be in front" and so I had to stand in the back with the guitarist even though i'm lead vocals.

I need some advice I guess, to whip my bandmates into shape and get them to do what I tell them to do. They nearly broke up before I joined the band and took control and got them out of a depression, and I refuse to let us sink that low again. Any suggestions??
Quote by DaltonWilliams2
but I've got something stuck up my ass and I want to get it out.

English isn't your first language is it?
Better to be pissed off than pissed on
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
it doesn't matter if you're ACTUALLY right or wrong. If everybody but you agree on something, you're wrong.

But it seems like you deserve a little bit of being put back in your place so see it as a learning experience
You probably just aren't asserting yourself as the dominant alpha male of the band. I'd recommend just shoving your dick up every one of them.

But seriously, it sounds like you're more of a problem to the band then they are to you. If you can't be open minded with them, then just move on.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line

My bandmates never do what I tell them to do.

Get over yourself. It isn't YOUR band.

First off, we have a "screamer" who doesnt play an instrument

Vocals are an instrument....

=
who they claim is the "lead vocalist". I find this to be bullshit, considering I was doing all the singing and screaming before he even came in the band, and also considering I only let him do screams live during choruses as backing vocals.

Tough. He's as much a part of the band as you are.

I want us to be musically diverse, but my bandmates just want to play straight metal and be like every other band.

Leave if you don't like it. Majority rules.

We can't be diverse because my rhythm guitarist just writes metal riffs.

Thats what metal guitarists do.

When I suggested we close our setlist with an acoustic song

Thats just incredibly dumb. The last song is when all hell breaks loose.

they all just gave me the shit look and shook their heads.

They were polite. I would have told you to fook off if you were in my band.

They've also rejected at least 5 of my song ideas for being "too soft".

No shit?!?! They want a METAL band. If you don't like it, then leave.

The drummer gets all pissy with me because he doesn't want to use the ideas for drum parts that I came up with.

You play your instrument and he'll play his. Stop being a dictator.

They also rejected my idea to use a headset mic for preformances so I can jump around and headbang while I sing.

That is dumb. lol. no wonder they rejected it.

Also at the show, the screamer kept trying to stand in front of me, and the drummer got all pissy with me again saying "He's the frontman dude, let him be in front" and so I had to stand in the back with the guitarist even though i'm lead vocals.

He is the front man. But man up and have stage presence. Move around and have fun. I can imagine you standing there crying because they damaged your inflated ego.

I need some advice I guess,

Leave the band if you aren't happy.

to whip my bandmates into shape and get them to do what I tell them to do.

You're an idiot. You're all a part of it. Stop trying to be a dictator.

They nearly broke up before I joined the band and took control and got them out of a depression,

lol. get over yourself.

and I refuse to let us sink that low again.

it's ironic how you use "us"

Any suggestions??

lose the ego. stop being a nob. get over yourself. Learn to compromise or leave the band.

Its very rare that I make a reply on here that takes more than 20 seconds, but bloody hell, your attitude has pissed me off.
RIP Tom Searle.
you should beat them up wit ur fist
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by StewieSwan
Holy shit. Check your ****ing ego, man.

Seriously.

This is what you do. I'm assuming you're writing most of the material. Quit the band. Write your own stuff. Find people who want to play YOUR music. Done.
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
But I kinda feel like it's all about me, I mean when I first started in the band they like worshipped me, and treated me like a god. I took it upon myself to become the leader of the band and bring my music to wide audiences. but now they're all disobedient and it sort of pisses me off to no end. Recently I actually got so pissed during a practice because nobody wanted to do anything, I had to pull the drummer into the kitchen and cuss him out in order to get him to do as I told him. So actually they are being really shitty to me if you consider all I've done for them
can we just ban this guy and have a nice day?

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Quote by DaltonWilliams2
But I kinda feel like it's all about me, I mean when I first started in the band they like worshipped me, and treated me like a god. I took it upon myself to become the leader of the band and bring my music to wide audiences. but now they're all disobedient and it sort of pisses me off to no end. Recently I actually got so pissed during a practice because nobody wanted to do anything, I had to pull the drummer into the kitchen and cuss him out in order to get him to do as I told him. So actually they are being really shitty to me if you consider all I've done for them

GET OVER YOURSELF

Nah, this has to be a troll. No one is this stupid.
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by DaltonWilliams2

holy hell kid. How old are you? Twelve, right? You must be twelve.

There is no such thing as a band that does everything one guy tells them what to do. Get that retarded thought out of your silly twelve year old mind.
Quote by snipelfritz

I reported him in his last thread because I figured he was. brand new account with all this controversial shit to get people going?

It's obviously a troll

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Quote by DaltonWilliams2

well why don't you just smite them or something
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by StewieSwan
Holy shit. Check your ****ing ego, man.

Unfortunately, this. You remind me of myself when I was 16 - young, stupid and ****ing arrogant. Take a deep breath, a step back, then survey the situation. You might find that you're actually more of a problem than the others by the looks of it.

Also, some of your ideas are really, really flawed. I mean... you want to hear a headset mic so you can headbang onstage? SERIOUSLY?
I'm being serious guys. I knew an online community filled with musicians would be a fantastic place to vent my problems on, so I registered an account. I'll give the guys in my band a good talk, and keep you posted on what happens.
Quote by DaltonWilliams2

Quote by DaltonWilliams2
I'm being serious guys. I knew an online community filled with musicians would be a fantastic place to vent my problems on, so I registered an account. I'll give the guys in my band a good talk, and keep you posted on what happens.

I hope someone in your band sees this thread, talks to the other guys, and they kick you out. It'll fuel you to make something on your own.
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
Quote by DaltonWilliams2
But I kinda feel like it's all about me

Guitar players in a nutshell.

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
Quote by DaltonWilliams2

you're wrong. on both.

go away for a while, when you come back don't be a ****wit and post in maybe musicians talk or bandleading

And don't give your band a good talk, they will kick you out. you're not awesome, you're just a member of the band that needs to check his privilege

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Quote by DaltonWilliams2
**** you.

oooooooo

slam
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
7/10 troll attempt
You got some people to actually take you serious.

In all honesty though, this actually sounds a little like me, lol. I'm a dictator at heart, but I still love hearing everyone else's idea and I don't shut them down until they have a chance to flesh out and prove not to be good ideas.
Quote by DaltonWilliams2
**** you.

quit being so egotistical, go for a walk or something.
when you come back If you still don't understand why you're wrong in so many ways, you don't belong here. and if that's the case, come back in a few years

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Soo, do you have any links to your band's music, TS?
Quote by snipelfritz

Quote by Joshua Garcia
Soo, do you have any links to your band's music, TS?

Ohhh, good point. I want to hear what this pioneer's vision is
Quote by DaltonWilliams2
No but we hit the studio next month.

I can't wait to hear that new God And His Disciples record!
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by DaltonWilliams2
We're actually called My Final Redemption

lol cliche

OH, the band name changed in 5 seconds?

trolllll
RIP Tom Searle.
Last edited by MH400 at Jul 14, 2013,
Quote by DaltonWilliams2
We're actually called My Final Redemption
Quote by DaltonWilliams2
We're actually called "An Eye For An Eye"

Confirmed troll.
Quote by snipelfritz

Quote by DaltonWilliams2
We're actually called "An Eye For An Eye"

NOPE, I SAW YOUR EDIT. **** OFF RIGHT NOW.

you said you were called a final redemption first, you're clearly lying now.

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Quote by DaltonWilliams2
No but we hit the studio next month.

Lol, you say we as if you'll still be in the band.

Ok, I'll play your game, troll.

You're bullshitting about going into the studio in a month. No band would have as many problems as you say you're having and be going into a studio in 4 weeks. What, do you expect to fix everything by then? Or better yet, do you think you'll sort things out in studio?
Page 1 of 2