I lied. It's not rare.

To start off- I sold one of my pickups a few months ago to another user on here. It was an invader- I had no complaints with the sound. I just didn't like the way it looked. Allen head screws. Here is a picture of my cat fighting me putting my strings on.

Seymour Duncan distortion pick-up. I have no complaints with the sound. It's high output the way I like it. Not brittle or ice picky. It gives a nice thick sound and actually holds up better with the low tuning than the invader did. This guitar is in drop B and its an old Jackson JS series that as repainted. The body is pretty shitty wood so it can easily sound muddy quickly.

Next- I took my cats in for a their annual shots. The little one had another allergic reaction even with the pre-shot they gave him. We had to take him back in. He's panting in this picture. Pretty sad. Why post that? Well... it wrecked the plans for Saturday and I ended up running out to get cat food by myself and it just happens to be next to Guitar Center.

Tease shot:

I picked up an HD500. They are discounted to $399 now as the "X" model will be released shortly. I don't use many FX so the memory usage won't be a big deal for me. I've had an XT for years. It was time to upgrade.

Compared to the XT its night and day difference. It doesn't cover up your mistakes like the XT did. It doesn't lack depth like the earlier ones did. Effects are fantastic. I've yet to use it just a pre-amp into the FX return on my 6505+ so I'll have to report back on that later. Does it replace a tube amp? No. Will it do the trick for me for recording? Yes.

Also- the 6505+ is new. I picked it up a few months back. I like the regular 6505 better. The cleans don't seem any better to me, the crunch seems worse and the distortion lead lacks balls. It's VERY similar to the regular version so you are talking like 5-10% difference. Not much at all. The expanded footswitch is a plus, as well as the non-shared EQ's.

Great amp. Anything from rock to death metal.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Are the cats true bypass?
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by Slap-happy
Are the cats true bypass?

Only when you step on them. First the make a high pitched squeak and then they bypass you.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Sure you didn't steal it from a museum?

HNGD
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by R45VT
Only when you step on them. First the make a high pitched squeak and then they bypass you.

:bow:

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Your cat's ears are the coolest thing ever.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
At first I thought it was a domesticated lynx or a Savannah cat
Jackson man, eh?

I think the Invader is actually a bit too high output for me. I have it lowered down real low and it's still insanely powerful. Probably better through a rig that isn't as high gain as mine.

How are the low mids/palm mutes on the Distortion in comparison?

HNGD!
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Your cats have the weirdest ears ever.

The trick to buying cat/dog food is to make sure that the ingredient listed first is something like chicken, not corn, and that after that it's something like rice, not corn.

Happy day!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Last edited by DeathByDestroyr at Jul 15, 2013,
"Rare" amp? Please tell me you're not plugging your guitar cord into the cat's ass.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
What breed is your cat? I love them.

Nice stuff man I tossed up between a Vypyr 60 and a HD500 and ended up on the Vypyr. When you get around to some reviews/demo's let me know, still curious.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt
What breed is your cat? I love them.

Nice stuff man I tossed up between a Vypyr 60 and a HD500 and ended up on the Vypyr. When you get around to some reviews/demo's let me know, still curious.

Both cats are Highland Lynx.

I was torn on the Vypypr vs HD but I am going to use this for recording mainly.

I'd like to get a recording with the XT and then the HD to show the difference. Maybe this weekend.

I did build a preamp off the Dual Rec. It sounded like poop through the FX return until I turned off the tube screamer. I need to build the profile on my computer as everything is much easier to adjust and set-up that way. I must say it has a low end that you feel.

The noise gate "sim" is dead nuts on to a real one.

6505+ is up on CL. I plan on buying an ASG Hybris for the main amp. We will see.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
HNSD!

I've been GASing for a pod for a little while now. I'm just waiting until I get a little better computer setup before I "splurge" on another guitar-related-accessory.

Sick homemade cab btw, and hopefully you're cat is feeling better (though I'm allergic and thus annoyed by them)
Gear:

Fender Strat
PRS SE Custom 24
Agile AL-3100

Jet City JCA50H
Randall 2x12 wV30s
Quote by evmac
HNSD!

I've been GASing for a pod for a little while now. I'm just waiting until I get a little better computer setup before I "splurge" on another guitar-related-accessory.

Sick homemade cab btw, and hopefully you're cat is feeling better (though I'm allergic and thus annoyed by them)

The cab is made from a chest my father got from the Kuwaiti government for desert storm. It had been beat up over the years and he didn't want it back. I repurposed it.

My wife is allergic to cats as well. These guys don't have that problem. Its why we had to buy cats instead of adopt.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
^

Oh that's way cooler than just cab of plywood you put together. You know that thing'll last.

Clips of the HD through the FX loop !
Gear:

Fender Strat
PRS SE Custom 24
Agile AL-3100

Jet City JCA50H
Randall 2x12 wV30s
Quote by R45VT

Nice grab man! Tones for days!

HNL6D!