Poll: Well?
Poll Options
View poll results: Well?
I'm right handed. I hold the knife with my right and the fork with my left.
95 61%
I'm right handed. I hold the knife with my rleft and the fork with my right.
39 25%
I'm left handed. I hold the knife with my right and the fork with my left.
19 12%
I'm left handed. I hold the knife with my left and the fork with my right
4 3%
Voters: 157.
Page 1 of 2
See poll.

Discuss.

I'm right handed but hold the knife with my left, and the fork with my right. It just feels more natural to me.

Edit: I got confused. Its been a long day.
RIP Tom Searle.
Last edited by MH400 at Jul 15, 2013,
I'm right handed. I hold the knife with my right and the fork with my left.
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Right handed, knife in the right.

And most of the time, if it's a casual environment, I'll just poke my meat with the knife and bite it right off. Because **** safety and common sense.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
left handed. knife left. fork right.

Left handed with the knife in my right and the fork in my left.
But I can hold them either way actually. I remember the last time we had this thread the poll was all weird with 2 ambidextrous options.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Left handed, fork with left.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Hydra150
Left handed, fork with left.

Same here
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Right handed, knife in right, fork in left.

I always wanted to hold it the other way but my parents made me do it like that and now it feels natural.
Quote by cha33 armstrong
Same here

But you're a right handed bass playing traitor.
right handed
knife right fork left

I usually use a spoon instead of a knife though
cat
Right handed and use whichever instrument I'm using more with my dominant hand. If I'm cutting meat I'll hold the knife with my right, if I'm shovelling mashed potatoes into my mouth then I'll hold the fork with my right. Your one hand one instrument way seems very archaic.
Quote by Hydra150
But you're a right handed bass playing traitor.

Thats my friends bass

My strat and les paul are lefties

My bass I did a jimi hendrix conversion right>left
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
I'm left handed but can do everything (except writing) with both hands, so it's pretty much just whatever I happen to pick up first. Where's the ambidextrous option?
Right handed and I sometimes do one and sometimes the other. More often than not, though, I'll have the knife in my right hand.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Quote by guitarxo
I usually use a spoon instead of a knife though

wat

Just the way I happen to pick them up. Mostly the knife will be in the left hand though. I'm right-handed.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
fork goes in your good hand. Isn't that how literally everyone does it? This poll is blowing my mind and I'm convinced that some people just don't actually know how they do it so they guessed.
Listen. I'm sorry.
I can just dump whole cuts of meat and vegetables into my feeding tube. Digestive juices do the rest of the work.
last.fm[/url}
Quote by MinterMan22
wat

You can use a spoon as a knife but you can't use a knife as a spoon
cat
I've used a knife as a spoon on more than several occasions. You just gotta be really careful.
Listen. I'm sorry.
Quote by vilk
I've used a knife as a spoon on more than several occasions. You just gotta be really careful.

*cant use a knife as a spoon for liquids
cat
Quote by guitarxo

How do you cut meat?
Quote by guitarxo

mind is blown
21 and being right-handed i hold the fork in my right. i use a fork more than a knife so it just makes sense to use the hand of my handedness to hold what i use the most
Quote by bass_man_dan
21 and being right-handed i hold the fork in my right. i use a fork more than a knife so it just makes sense to use the hand of my handedness to hold what i use the most

This is PRECISELY my logic. But apparently it's weird
RIP Tom Searle.
left fork, knife right. use fork upside down with raised pinkies for extra poshness.

you need the knife in your dominant hand because you need extra strength and control to saw through thick slabs of meat neatly. or doing delicate slice work on softer foods so it stacks on your fork nicely and also helping to ensure your plate doesn't turn into a jumbled mess. need to have some class in your eating.

when I don't need a knife for a meal, the fork goes in the right hand.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist

you need the knife in your dominant hand because you need extra strength and control to saw through thick slabs of meat neatly. or doing delicate slice work on softer foods so it stacks on your fork nicely and also helping to ensure your plate doesn't turn into a jumbled mess. need to have some class in your eating.

no one needs extra strength from their stronger hand. its really not difficult to cut even the toughest of foods - knives are sharp after all! these are just stupid rules of etiquette that some posh twats came up with with no real reasoning.
Quote by bass_man_dan
no one needs extra strength from their stronger hand. its really not difficult to cut even the toughest of foods - knives are sharp after all! these are just stupid rules of etiquette that some posh twats came up with with no real reasoning.

I dunno man, I've had some really bad steaks in my time. Like tough enough to bludgeon the cook to death with.

Besides you can generally cut things up neater and more accurately to whatever perverse standards you wish with your dominant hand. Unless you like shovel it all in your mouth without a care.

Also, when I eat with just a fork, I end up 'slicing' big pieces of food with the side of the fork. If I were to switch to my left to cut it up, my fork would just flail around the plate making a mess.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by magnus_maximus
Knife in the dominant hand you bloody barbarians.

I figured you'd be a lefty.
I'm left handed, but I switch the knife and fork around all the time. So no option on the poll for me...
"Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit." - George Carlin
Right-handed, I was taught to use the fork in my left, knife in my right hand. I never listened
Fork in the right, knife in the left, or maybe just a knife if meat is all that's left on my plate.
left handed, knife in right, fork in left.

Why would you use anything other than your dominant hand to use the thing transporting food to your face? The stupid hand can do the cutting work.
Quote by CoreysMonster
left handed, knife in right, fork in left.

Why would you use anything other than your dominant hand to use the thing transporting food to your face? The stupid hand can do the cutting work.

The fork may require complex motion the left-hand is incapable of.
Page 1 of 2