Hey I already have a MXR distortion pedal and I'm looking for a new one. Any suggestions for what type I should get? Also, any good boutique pedal brands? Finally, any good sites to build my own pedal? Thanks.
what's your current gear?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Right now I play on an epiphone les paul. Got a Fender tube amp. My only pedal is the MXR distortion. I play rock and some blues.

I would prefer a 100-200 $ range. I'm in NYC so I'm pretty sure I can find most pedals.
This pedal would be used at home and in the small guitar duo I play in.
which fender tube amp? which mxr distortion pedal? they have a bunch.

what do you mean by "rock and some blues"?

gah it's like getting blood out of a stone, lol.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
What kind of effects do you want? There are practically infinite effects and combinations of effects out there.

Do you want a new/better/different distortion sound?
The amp is the fender superchamp x2. The pedal is the MXR distortion+.
As an example for what I play, I'm currently playing Europa (learning) and Johnny B. Goode.

I don't want another distortion pedal mine works perfectly.
I'm 13 and I don't really know all the different effects. Looking for a simple one, same size as the one I have. I'd rather not have the ones with two buttons.
To be perfectly honest, as you're just looking for something to experiment with and you don't really know what effects you want, I'd recommend getting a multi effect pedal so you've got loads of options to play with while you learn what you actually need from your effects.

Not sure how prices will compare in the US, but I'd imagine you could get something like a Zoom G3/G5 or Line 6 M5/M9 with your budget.

EDIT: Although the Superchamp already has a load of effects & amp models doesn't it? No experience with that particular amp, but modellers don't always work that well with external effects so you may be better off experimenting with what you already have.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Last edited by GaryBillington at Jul 15, 2013,
I was thinking about delay or reverb. I asked around and I was told that a multi-effect wouldn't last that long while the usual pedals would last much longer.
Quote by mnerd
I was thinking about delay or reverb. I asked around and I was told that a multi-effect wouldn't last that long while the usual pedals would last much longer.

This is crap. Multi effects will last just as long as individual pedals.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
^ yeah. whether you'll want to use them as long is another thing, but yeah.

but really i mean the superchamp has a ton of effects etc. built-in already. Obviously it's no fun, but I'm not sure there's any point/need to buy anything, really.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I know but the inconvenient part is that 1. I can't do multiple effects 2. I once needed an effect for only part of the song and couldn't change it.
oh ok. good point.

i wouldn't bother with boutique effects since you have a fairly cheap amp (and even if you didn't, except in very specific cases, it's debatable if a lot of them are worth it, an awful lot are just glorified tubescreamers ). MXR or boss pr digitech (or similar) would be fine.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?