Hey guys,

I'm admittedly a complete novice when it comes to effects. For years, all I owned was a fuzz and wah pedal, which was simple enough. Recently, though, I've become interested in using more effects/sounds in my playing.

Last week I picked up a Line 6 M9 stompbox modeler with the expression pedal. I'm basically using it for all effects except distortion/overdrive (and possibly wah). Here's what I'm working with:

Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Fuzz Face (I run it in front of a crunching amp for that Hendrix-like sound)
Joyo Ultimate drive (for more modern/high-gain distortion than my amp can provide, or for "regular" overdrive/distortion when playing someone else's amp)
Vox V847a wah (strongly considering getting rid of this because I really like some of the wah sounds on the M9)
Line 6 M9

So what's the best order to use them in? Should I be using the effects loop on my amp (Egnater Rebel 30 112 combo)? If so, what should I do when playing through my practice amp at home (Vox AC4TV)? I feel a little lost, especially because I'm not the most technologically inclined.

Thanks guys!
If you are going to use amp distortion, I would place the M9 in the effects loop. Modulation and delay will sound clearer after the distortion (in the loop).
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115