The Zimmerman trial isn't really relevant here as he admitted to killing Martin, so it's kind of a different case. But while watching coverage, there was this one lady who was one of the jurors in the Simpson murder trial, and she was comparing both trials, and said she supported the not guilty verdict in the OJ Simpson trial because there was enough reasonable doubt.

A more similar case to OJ would be Casey Anthony, where I personally agree with the verdict reached, as I think there was pretty reasonable doubt.

But with OJ, I personally don't think there's nearly as much reasonable doubt, especially with the tons of DNA evidence. Even his defense attorney said in an interview "I have doubts. The blood evidence is the biggest thorn in my side; that causes me the greatest problems. So I struggle with the blood evidence."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O._J._Simpson_murder_case

So TL;DR: Do you think there is enough reasonable doubt for you to support the verdict on the OJ Simpson murder trial?
Without going over everything the jury saw, that would be a very hard call to make.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by LostLegion
inb4 400 page argument
Honestly I don't think this thread will be that big since it's a pretty old trial.

It will only get big if somebody gets called a racist.

inb4 400 page argument.
Quote by Arby911
Without going over everything the jury saw, that would be a very hard call to make.

Plus what the jury gets told about evidence- like how DNA evidence is hardly the smoking gun it's perceived to be (this isn't in response to the sheer amount of DNA evidence that TS has a problem with, just DNA evidence in general).
Quote by The Madcap
Honestly I don't think this thread will be that big since it's a pretty old trial.

inb4 400 page argument.

You and I both know. Certain people invariably call people racist in every thread. It's the new "everything goes to Hitler" internet rule.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by The Madcap

lol, "if"
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
OJ's innocent. They probably just got killed by some drifter wearing expensive size 12 Italian leather shoes.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
OJ's innocent. They probably just got killed by some drifter wearing expensive size 12 Italian leather shoes.

haha, OJ only wore a size 12

What a midget little person
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Okay, as long as we're talking about OJ, can we please just take a second not to discuss whether he's guilty or not of the first charges, but why the hell he published a book about it?

Seriously, who the fuck is dumb enough to, after being acquitted of murder, whether or not you're guilty, publish a book about how you would've gone about murdering the victims?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by The Madcap

inb4 400 page argument.

That sounds like something a racist person would say.
I believe Zimmerman, Anthony and OJ are all guilty.
I believe the prosecutors in all 3 cases should be fired and disbarred.
I believe the juries all did the right thing in acquitting.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by necrosis1193
Okay, as long as we're talking about OJ, can we please just take a second not to discuss whether he's guilty or not of the first charges, but why the hell he published a book about it?

Seriously, who the fuck is dumb enough to, after being acquitted of murder, whether or not you're guilty, publish a book about how you would've gone about murdering the victims?

He needed more money.
I thought the whole reason OJ was acquitted was the size of the "murder glove" that being the whole basis of Johnnie Cochran's "IF THE GLOVES DON'T FIT YOU MUST ACQUIT" speech. As for reasonable doubt it is perfectly legit, if the prosecution can not provide beyond a shadow of a doubt that you committed the crime why should be serve time? They can't prove for certain that you are innocent and at the same time you can't be proven guilty, this probably has something to do with defense lawyers getting paid higher wages compared to prosecution.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Quote by ne14t
I thought the whole reason OJ was acquitted was the size of the "murder glove" that being the whole basis of Johnnie Cochran's "IF THE GLOVES DON'T FIT YOU MUST ACQUIT" speech. As for reasonable doubt it is perfectly legit, if the prosecution can not provide beyond a shadow of a doubt that you committed the crime why should be serve time? They can't prove for certain that you are innocent and at the same time you can't be proven guilty, this probably has something to do with defense lawyers getting paid higher wages compared to prosecution.
I personally don't think that the glove simply not fitting that day in court is enough reasonable doubt in comparison to all of the other evidence. From wikipedia:

The leather glove seemed too tight for Simpson to put on easily, especially over gloves he wore underneath.[10] Uelmen came up with and Cochran repeated a quip he had used several times in relation to other points in his closing arguments, "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit." On June 22, 1995, Darden told Judge Lance Ito of his concerns that Simpson "has arthritis and we looked at the medication he takes and some of it is anti-inflammatory and we are told he has not taken the stuff for a day and it caused swelling in the joints and inflammation in his hands." The prosecution also stated their belief that the glove shrunk from having been soaked in blood and later testing.[10] A photo was presented during the trial showing Simpson wearing the same type of glove that was found at the crime scene.
Plus he showed he totally does have violent and criminal tendencies when he robbed that Sports memorobillia place in 2007 and kidnapped a person , although I like the karma. Had ten years of freedom to prove he wasn't that person the media made him out to be, and he totally and utterly proved he was that person. 33 years is a hilariously just amount of time for him to be away considering what he should have had.
I think there is reasonable doubt for OJ, especially with the possibility of someone like Glen Rogers actually telling the truth.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
I'm just waiting for the civil suit against Zimmerman and see if we get an OJ situation all over again.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
From what little I remember about the OJ trial, it seemed more like a "he's famous, he can't go to jail!" kind of thing more than anything else.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
For the O.J. trial I think some of the reasonable doubt came from Furman being recorded on the phone being incredibly racist. The probability that he would embellish evidence became a very real possibility at that point, and that's all it takes for reasonable doubt. But you know, cops never lie right?
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You