6 10%
Facebook is teh gayzors.
19 30%
Voters: 63.
Page 1 of 2
Philip_pepper
Banned
90 IQ
I'm thinking once I'm done university I'll stop my account.

I've got lots of friends on it from around the world, but hell, I lived just fine without it before Facebook came around, and the principle of being spied on pisses me off.

What does the pit think?
Nelshizzle
Banned
170 IQ
No because I dont murder people or blow things up. Also, I do not plan various illegal activities using the internet. I do that in person with people I trust.

Also, I think i'm the last person on FB with a fake name.
Avedas
yoloswag420
71 IQ
Oh no, some company will know I'm going camping next month! Better delete my account.
Lord_Doku
ancient bass
242 IQ
No.

There won't be a Booksodus where everyone just quits Facebook, and while there are good alternatives, there's nobody I know with an account on them. They're not that interested in alternatives.
BladeSlinger
nerd
120 IQ
NSA doesn't have much to do with Facebook, I think. Facebook was selling that information for a while. Most of it is public anyway.
Quote by cemges
And tell, how come you became idiot enough

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
JayT44
all my verses is poetry
170 IQ
Nah, I'm not interesting enough for the NSA to single me out and spy on me. And it's not like I can do anything to stop them.

Government does what it wants. I'm not gonna let Obama ruin my day-to-day life by caring about this. I've got other things to worry about and focus on.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Gorelord666
Lone Buffalo
10 IQ
Facebook was already giving people's info away.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Wookie_Fighter
Banned
10 IQ
Nah, I hate being spied on very much, but I don't think deleting fb will change much.

1. I do nothing wrong and little can be gained from info in my facebook account.

2. They are going to find ways to gather info on me regardless.

What really pisses me off is customized ads though, those just feel creepy.
darkcheef
☆☆☆
10 IQ
If they really wanted to the government can just track everything you're doing on the internet regardless of if you're on Facebook
TooktheAtrain
Banned
20 IQ
there was plenty of reason to delete your account before, FB is comprised of 99% inane shit and I can contact my friends without it just fine.
Avedas
yoloswag420
71 IQ
Quote by Wookie_Fighter

Obvious answer is Adblock. I don't know, I'm fairly sure your profile data/emails etc are just parsed for certain strings that are matched to tags for various ads. It's not nearly as invading as it sounds (although I can understand why people wouldn't want their private emails parsed). I really doubt anyone is actually reading any of it. Anyway, location based ads have been around based on connecting IP for ages and nobody seems to be alarmed about them anymore.

guitarxo
cat
10 IQ
No im not very interesting why would anyone want to spy on me

Quote by Nelshizzle

Also, I think i'm the last person on FB with a fake name.

nah there are quite a few I'm fb friends with and I forgot who they are because they don't have pics of themselves either
cat
Philip_pepper
Banned
90 IQ
Quote by Wookie_Fighter

I put on Facebook that I was born in Jamaica and that I was living in Switzerland even though I'm actually in Scotland.

I started getting a bunch of ads in German for Swiss services...
angusfan16
butts
20 IQ
No cos I want them to read all the dirty messages I send to my bitches
Sail upon the open skies
zenbone
King of two things...
90 IQ
as a policy i keep all my nefarious activities off of social media and the internet completely. Really it is just best policy to keep your felonies to yourself, as soon as you tell someone that is one too many people knowing your business.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
WCPhils
UnBanned
10 IQ
I don't use Facebook but I wouldn't care since I don't do anything they would care about
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
guitarxo
cat
10 IQ
Quote by Wookie_Fighter

I like them cuz I get discounts on things that are actually relevant to my life
cat
WCPhils
UnBanned
10 IQ
Quote by guitarxo

Yea, I've never understood why people have such hate for them. I would much rather see ads for things I would actually want to buy and maybe even need.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
490 IQ
Quote by guitarxo

Which is great if they're actually relevant to your life. I used to get ads to things I'd never need. Or they'd be for things like, "Christian Dating service" (doesn't get much lamer than that, does it?). I suspect this was partly because I didn't really spend time going, "This ad is relevant, and this one isn't". But still, for some people, customized ads are just an annoyance.
stonyman65
Unregistered User
160 IQ
Nope. They all ready have my shit by now anyways so quitting facebook ain't gonna do much.

Besides, with the size and scope of the things that the NSA is collecting/spying on, our Facebook posts are the least of our problems. I'm way more worried about them collecting my emails, phone calls, internet history, search traffic, and system scrape.

If you aren't worried about that stuff, then you haven't been paying attention to what they are doing.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
matthewzguitarz
30 IQ
Doesn't effect me. I have been against facebook since I first heard about it, have too many family members on there, plus my crazy friend who is probably on the terrorist watch list. Guess it is too late to warn him.

Anyways, I am worried about being watched at other places, kind of. Though, I think the only thing they would find out, is that I love music, I like to read stuff about Disney, and that I probably should talk to a therapist.
Dreadnought
Oceanic Mountainman
481 IQ
Nah. Government controls my life anyways.
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Xiaoxi
Registered Luser
170 IQ
TS makes me want to quit his life

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Masquirina
glacierbot 5000
110 IQ
Nope, not worried about them. And I too prefer relevant/targeted ads on e-mail/website pages, it's not creepy
palm mute
Reserved User
10 IQ
like not being on facebook is going to stop governments/corporations from knowing everything about what you do online anyway
In my heart I'm with you

every night
kurt_cobain9
UG's Favorite Creeper
80 IQ
I deleted my facebook before the nsa scandal happened.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
260 IQ
It's not like Google doesn't spy on what we do already. And since I never do anything illegal, I have no reason to be worried.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
darkcheef
☆☆☆
10 IQ
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
It's not like Google doesn't spy on what we do already. And since I never do anything illegal, I have no reason to be worried.

Isn't bestiality illegal?
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
260 IQ
I don't really care since I don't do that shit.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
palm mute
Reserved User
10 IQ
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
And since I never do anything illegal, I have no reason to be worried.

I totally get this line of thinking but seriously, at what point does that not apply anymore?

Mostly playing devil's advocate out of boredom here, but I mean what if it were required for an officer to live with you and watch over you all day every day to make sure you never do anything illegal? I mean you don't do anything illegal, you have no reason to be worried right?
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Page 1 of 2