trying 2 do this in rocksmith with little success. It does give a description but I'm stumped. Any help?
Is it natural harmonics? If so, you do not fret the note. If it's notated as something like <7> you just lightly touch the string right above the fret then pick. You can find the most easy and commonly used harmonics at frets 5,7,9 - but they're all over the place really.

Pinch harmonics would be a more tricky technique and takes some practice, natural harmonics you should get right away.
Firstly I think it really helps to at least have some understanding of how harmonics work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j2AxGGmT-g

Then coming to play them makes a bit more sense:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ6HKrFFM_4
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I doubt Rocksmith would teach pinch harmonics, but I've never played it so i don't really know for sure. The video's above explain it well enough so I'd watch them
Quote by vayne92
I doubt Rocksmith would teach pinch harmonics, but I've never played it so i don't really know for sure. The video's above explain it well enough so I'd watch them

it has songs with natural harmonics but no pinch harmonics. just barely touch the strings at the 5th 7th or 12th frets there is others like behind the 3rd fret but they are harder to get.
Quote by fanapathy
Is it natural harmonics? If so, you do not fret the note. If it's notated as something like <7> you just lightly touch the string right above the fret then pick. You can find the most easy and commonly used harmonics at frets 5,7,9 - but they're all over the place really.

Pinch harmonics would be a more tricky technique and takes some practice, natural harmonics you should get right away.

5,7,9,12* The 12th fret is the 2nd easiest to learn In my opinion.