okay so i was playing guitar and noticed that it was starting to crackle... every little movement i made, made the sound come out cracky... i dont know what it is.. is it the chord or my guitar input jack?

im using a neutrik cord,,, i'm sure you've seen them as they're very common.. there the ones with a silver casing on each connecting thingy or whatever its called (the tips of the cord the connect to the guitar and amp) and it then is blue for a couple inches then its all black.
its this one just that the tips arent gold they're silver on mine.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Guitar-Instrument-cable-cord-Redco-Neutrik-Gold-plg-/320889316078
Last edited by GuitarNewbee at Jul 15, 2013,
Quote by Darkshade666
Change the cord, if that doesn't work, it's the input jack.

i dont have another one.
Then buy another one to try it.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
It's always handy to have a couple of spare leads around (and patch cables if you have a few effects) to be able to eliminate such problems. And for spares when one (inevitably) dies.

Which will happen at a gig. Usually a showcase gig, or one where you've invited the hot chick you've been eyeing up for a while.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
You don't have any spare cords? Always keep spares on-hand, whether it's tubes, cords, picks, mic cables... whatever - keep a spare handy. This is one of those things you really shouldn't even have to ask - if you had a spare cord. As the others have suggested, you either have a bad cable, or your output jack is wonky. BTW, Neutrik makes connectors, not cables. It's just me being a little pedantic, but trying to keep the facts straight.
Why don't you just remove the jack and have a look? 30 seconds and a screwdriver are all you need.
Quote by Mephaphil
I love his defeatism.

Cord is broke.

Change it.

'Cant'

Transmission end.