Anyone else have a brand of guitar that they stick to religiously?

I'm an LTD / ESP guy through and through. I've played others, but nothing comes close.
RIP Tom Searle.
I know there's a lot of haters but I love my Schecters for SS style guitars. I go for ESP/LTD for LP and explorer style guitars.
I used to be pretty much 90% Gibson and Marshall.

Then I realised how wrong I was.

Not that they're bad - I love my LPs, SGs etc... It's just that trying out other gear has opened my eyes a little more. Finding what, to all intents and purposes is a piece of shit sub-continent built guitar with odd looking pickups, weirs switch placements and then realising that it makes for a great slide guitar, or can handle that odd tuning for that one song is pure gold.
There's that and the fact I actively avoided Fender guitars for the first decade or so of playing but now love Teles, Jags, and Jazzmasters....

Still have problems with Strats, though. Mind you, if cash wasn't an object and I was building a "comprehensive" collection I would buy at least one US Standard Strat.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
I wouldn't say i stick to a brand "religiously" but I do love ESP/LTD especially older ones like my M-2 LTD. Other than that I usually stick to Gibson and ESPs.
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Mesa Mark V 25
I like the high-end LTD stuff a lot, but I would hardly say I have a "brand." The last guitar I played that really impressed me was an Indonesian Washburn 166 PRO. Wasn't expecting it, but it sounded good and had a perfect neck for my hands.

I don't think I've owned any one brand consistently. Right now I have a fender starter strat, a mij heartfield superstrat, an epiphone SG and an LTD SG.

I feel tempted to try/buy guitars from every brand under the sun, really.
i happen to be an LTD guy too. even the bass i just bought is an LTD, it's just always a great value and i feel safe going with it.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Something about fender necks and single coils is just my thing for improv.

Saying that; I don't use any brand religiously because some guitars are just better for certain things.

I love les pauls for rock and metal rhythm for instance.
RIP Gooze

cats
I stick toward mostly PRS and Carvin guitars, or at least I've owned more of those then any other brand (and I'm trying to buy a CE24 right now )

For amps, Laney makes me happier then anything.
The gear:

Carvin Bolt Classic
PRS SE Singlecut
Agile AL-1900
Peavey Vypyr 2
I'm a non brand man.
Because for me, the most important elements of a guitar are:
Wood, neck style, pick ups.

Most of those guitars however have been Jackson, and Ibanez.
I love playing fenders, but to own one. Might mean to play it twice a month?
I'm not a one-brand man, but if I find a brand I like, I continue to keep it under consideration. S I do have multiples of certain brands, and have considered buying additional guitars of other brands.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I was pretty pro Fender/Squier for a while. I've grown out of that though. Just bought an Epiphone Les Paul Junior the other day (the '57 reissue from a few years back), but I was involved in an accident 3 years ago that left me with a neck injury, so I tend to play a lot of strats and lighter weight guitars now. But I'm not religious to any brand any more.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

I tend to trust in quality. Whatever anyone says Gibson and Fender make quality instruments, you do however sometimes have to pay a little more for it when compared to other brands.

I'm starting to look at Godin quite closely now.
Quote by Mephaphil
I tend to trust in quality.

That's the key- quality.

If you buy quality gear, it will treat you like a friend.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by resum
Nothing else than Gibson guitars and Orange amps!

Okay, I have to admit that when it comes to amps, I am a big Orange fanboy.

Even their wimpy solid state amps are quality products for the price.
I won't limit myself to any one brand, but I like Schecter guitars and Blackstar amps. Don't really care what other people think of them; I always tend to try them before anything else, but that won't stop me buying anything from a different brand.
Gear:

Schecter Omen-6
Custom-built explorer (my first build)
Schecter Damian-6
Two strat copies
Home-made PitBull Guitars Flying V
Blackstar HT-1RH
Blackstar HT-Metal
Dunlop KH95 Wah
All of the guitars and basses I currently own are Fender/Squier, but that has more to do with availability and price more than anything else. I would love to get myself a good Les Paul or an old Univox Hi-Flyer.
I was more keen on a body style, first it was Strat, then in 2011-2012, I began lusting for the Les Paul shape, till I went back to the Strat style in 2012- and that was when I chose a brand- Fender. Then, I found out about Jackson, and the Soloist SL2H is now an object of desire. So it is Fender and Jackson for me- and then I hear about Carvin, and how I can get exactly what I want from them.
I don't stick to brands, i tend to ignore the brand name and focus on whether the gear works for me or not. Which is funny because i'm currently gigging with a musicman guitar into a musicman amp - long story short, that's a coinsidence.

the only brand i think i've ever been entirely faithful to is celestion and that isn't even intentional. I'll just put it this way - it's hard NOT to be faithful to celestion since so many amps and cabs out there have celestion speakers.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Charvel/Schecter. Now Schecter is a lil bit overrated, but still nice, and Charvel, is perfect modern metal guitars brand.
I just go by what's a good quality guitar for the price.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Burny.

I my counterfeit Les Paul.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Havent found it yet, but i find i always come back to Strats. If there's some company out there that makes a strat with 2 singles, a rails in the bridge, a hardtail, 22 extra jumbo frets and an ebony fretboard i might jizz my pants
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I'm not a brand guy at all. I just play what feels good to me.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Acϵ♠
Havent found it yet, but i find i always come back to Strats. If there's some company out there that makes a strat with 2 singles, a rails in the bridge, a hardtail, 22 extra jumbo frets and an ebony fretboard i might jizz my pants

Why not just get a strat, swap the bridge pickup, and get a custom neck from Warmoth with an ebony board? (Unless it's a location sort of problem.)

OT: I don't own one brand of guitar, in fact, i own like 6 or 7 different brands, but I tend to prefer Ibanez to everything.
Ibanez
Universe UV777 Signed by Steve Vai
Prestige RG2027X with Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
RG7621 swirled
Prestige RG1420
AEL207E
I'm less into brands and more into vibes. I like vintage design more than contemporary. Even if I need something more modern I prefer to mod a Strat or something than buy an RG or a Horizon.
Last edited by Seref at Jul 16, 2013,
Quote by Seref
I'm less into brands and more into vibes. I like vintage design more than contemporary.

I'd be remiss if I didn't suggest Reverend, then.

I have always felt that brand evangelism is always a bad thing. It doesn't matter what industry you're talking about whether it be the car you drive, the phone in your pocket, or the guitar in your hands. There is always another company who does something better than your pet company, and by selling your soul to that one brand, you actually miss out on some of the great things that others are doing. This also breeds innovation by forcing companies to compete more with their rivals.

There are brands that I like though. I have always had good experiences with Ibanez and to some degree Schecter. I really like what Line 6 has been doing with any product that isn't their Spider line, and Peavey very consistently impresses me with their quality.
No particular brand loyalty here. There are a bunch of Gibsons, one Epiphone (from 1939), three Moonstones, seven Carvins, a couple of Variax (and a third on the way), a Gretsch or two, three Alembics, three Agiles, some Yamahas, a couple of old Ibanezeses, several custom-built things, a couple of Hubers, etc., etc. and one lonely very expensive Fender -- the "Skull" bass.

NO LTDs, no Fernandes, no current Epiphones, no Schecters.
i just realized i prefer vintage styled guitars made in japan.

but my g&l get's a pass because it's fine.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Kramer Baretta American, but I switched to Killer Guitars Japan (Serpents).

Marshal Valvestate amps
If it is good I like it. Yes I may prefer one to another, but I use a variety of guitars and amps.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
When I look at my collection, I have 5 of one brand, 2 each of two others, and 8 singletons.

Of those, the only things actually keeping me from buying more of any of them is simply $$$ and space.

So..I'm loyal to brandS, but not to any one particular brand.

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jul 17, 2013,
Back in the days of yore, I was an Ibanez guy. After test driving and subsequently buying my first Carvin (green-as-all-hell SC90), I was converted to following the Carvin faith.

It sounds like I'm talking about religion too.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.