I just want to make some semi-decent demo recordings for Soundcloud. But everything I record sounds fizzy and overly gainy. Any tips for pre and post recording? No "get an interface" posts please. I'm not looking for professional, just some clarity.
edgy meems only friendo :^)
Quote by thenextkirk92
I just want to make some semi-decent demo recordings for Soundcloud. But everything I record sounds fizzy and overly gainy. Any tips for pre and post recording? No "get an interface" posts please. I'm not looking for professional, just some clarity.

I'm guessing that by telling us no "get an interface" posts you have no interface and are using one of those damned jack adapters. In that case, we can't help you. Sorry you've wasted your time on this post and feel free to come back when you're willing to spend the ~$10 on a cheap interface.
OK, don't get an interface.

Get a multitracker instead.

Just please stop trying to use a jack adapter, which at best will make people's ears bleed and at worst could damage your computer.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by chatterbox272
I'm guessing that by telling us no "get an interface" posts you have no interface and are using one of those damned jack adapters. In that case, we can't help you. Sorry you've wasted your time on this post and feel free to come back when you're willing to spend the ~$10 on a cheap interface.

I've looked for interfaces here. They aren't as cheap as you claim, especially any decent ones.

Cheapest I could find http://www.trademe.co.nz/music-instruments/pa-pro-audio-dj-equipment/computer-recording/auction-614478906.htm
Last edited by thenextkirk92 at Jul 16, 2013,
Quote by thenextkirk92
I've looked for interfaces here. They aren't as cheap as you claim, especially any decent ones.

This is exactly as cheap as I claimed, it took me two seconds to find, is simply an unbranded version of the Behringer Guitar Link, and is more than adequate for demo recording DI Guitars.
Quote by chatterbox272
This is exactly as cheap as I claimed, it took me two seconds to find, is simply an unbranded version of the Behringer Guitar Link, and is more than adequate for demo recording DI Guitars.

Doesn't ship here.
I don't want to turn this into that other thread along the same lines as this but the only real way to improve from a Line In is to go with an interface. Interface does not mean professional, there are plenty of idiots that think because they bought a cheap interface, they can open a pro studio (Seriously, I've seen Craigslist posts). Even a bad interface is better than Line In
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp