I found a used Mesa Rectoverb used at GC for around $500 USD (600 after tax and what not). I usually don't see them for so cheap so I put down the 25% to put it on hold for me.

The price is awfully low, especially considering it's GC, I played it for about an hour and it worked perfectly fine and all, except for the fact the knobs weren't stock. Just wondering if anyone has ever had bad experiences buying used gear from Guitar Center. I would love to own a Rectoverb but the price seems a bit too good to be true. Also they always try to sell their extended warranty, which I usually just ignore, but in this case would it be a good idea to spend the little extra on?
Last edited by ticktockboom at Jul 16, 2013,
GC is basically the best (safest) place to buy gear. There's not really anything to complain about it given their 30 day return policy.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
They are competitive on their pricing. They price off of looks for the most part.

As Offworld said 30 day return policy. just take it out and put it through its paces after you first get it.

That does seem low but it might be based off the knobs and cosmetics.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
It obviously has something wrong with it. You probably should ask for your money back immediately. Buy local, it's better! Mesa is just a poor man's Bugera anyways.

Which guitar center is trying to rip you off? I'd like to give 'em a piece of my mind.