Graduated Uni
47 27%
Dropped out
13 7%
Not planning on going
8 5%
Voters: 176.
Page 1 of 3
So who here is at Uni, planning on going to Uni or has finished?

As I finish my 3 year stint, I'm interested to find out how many people from UG have a Uni qualification or are working towards one. Let us know what you are doing/did do/want to do!
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Last edited by leony03 at Jul 16, 2013,
I've just finished my first year of a three year archaeology degree, its interesting but I definitely enjoy the lifestyle more than the course.
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Will have my MSc next week.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by RetroGunslinger
I've just finished my first year of a three year archaeology degree, its interesting but I definitely enjoy the lifestyle more than the course.

Yeah, I actually grew to really dislike my course but the town and people were great. Glad to be finished and somehow with a 2:1

Quote by Neo Evil11
Will have my MSc next week.

Congratulations

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
I'll have my Bachelor in English in a little less than a year then I'll probably go for Higher Education Administration or something.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
There is a thread already for Uni if you want to check that out, but that doesn't have a poll or anything
Just done my first year doing 'Professional Musicianship' at BIMM...has it made me a more professional musician? Only slightly but that'll do.

And like others have said, I prefer the fact I live in Bristol to the course I'm on, I think the course is good but if it were anywhere else I wouldn't have got on.
Last edited by slayer_rule_\m/ at Jul 16, 2013,
yes i am has 1 year left to acquire history degere
then i am has no clue
wat do
after
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
Just done my first year doing 'Professional Musicianship' at BIMM...has it made me a more professional musician? Only slightly but that'll do.

And like others have said, I prefer the fact I live in Bristol to the course I'm on, I think the course is good but if it were anywhere else I wouldn't have got on.

Bristol is one of the best in the UK though and requires really high grades to get in compared to a lot of places?
Quote by Nero Galon
Bristol is one of the best in the UK though and requires really high grades to get in compared to a lot of places?

I'm not at Bristol Uni though, I'm at BIMM.

BIMM's still a good place though, mainly good teachers from all walks of life in the industry.
Last edited by slayer_rule_\m/ at Jul 16, 2013,
I'm currently on an IT internship with a top 10 bank, and when I go home, I have a year left to finish my degree. No plans to do a masters at the moment, at least not a full-time one.
Quote by raoooos
yes i am has 1 year left to acquire history degere
then i am has no clue
wat do
after

Make history.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Yupp, either a joint honours in Film and Philosophy or a BA in Philosophy then maybe an MA.
Starting in 2 weeks time. Decided to get off my ass and finish my degree.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
I chose dropped out but I didn't, I just did a one year course and then didn't pursue anything further
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
About to finish a bachelor's in experimental psychology, mid-way through a bachelor's in criminology. Currently, I'm looking at law schools.
To the people who graduated, what was it like finding a job? Was it soon after or did it take a while? In your chosen field or not?

Quote by angusfan16
Currently I'm taking summer classes at Mizzou so I can qualify for the fall semester.
Have three more years left (or maybe four if i do a masters degree somewhere in the middle of it) and then I will officially be a Doctor.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by charlie__flynn
Have three more years left (or maybe four if i do a masters degree somewhere in the middle of it) and then I will officially be a Doctor.

And my greatest enemy.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
And my greatest enemy.

He will be A Doctor. Not THE Doctor.

There can only be one.

Quote by angusfan16
I'm going on my 3rd year as a student majoring in recording technology and music business, as well as classical guitar studies. Love every minute of it.
Got my MEng a couple of years ago, currently working on a PhD in Mechanical Engineering
I'm planning on going on a 3 year course in sound engineering.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
Was planning on going, not anymore...
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Been a year since I've graduated. Doing prety gud

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Graduated with a BA (Hons) in Music last summer, as of yet it hasn't done anything for my job prospects even remotely.
I put not planning on going, though I would love to, things don't always work out the way you want them too.
I had just finished all my classes and thesis on university!! It took me 7 years to finish a 5 years degree on Business & Economics.

Now I'm studying for the Degree exam that would take place on mid august. It's a lot to study, so I decided to take out the strings to my guitars (lol).

Looking forward to find a job pretty soon and buy an Orange Rockerverb 50 with my first salary (rough market estimate of 2.000 USD )
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.
Graduated with a BA Hons degree in History

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I'm doing a Musical Production course. I've just finnished the first semester so I've got an year and a half left.
Quote by charlie__flynn

5 years for me.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by daytripper75
What's that?

Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Starting a 4 year course at Newcastle University in September (provided I get the grades)

If not then I'll be at the University of Sheffield for 4 years, which is also fine by me
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Page 1 of 3