So, I blame this solely on the internet but does anyone else never want to visit countries like Mexico, Brazil, India, or Thailand? I've been looking at a ****ed up site and there is so much content from Brazil and Thailand (morbid curiosity). According to this site, take this with a grain of salt, tourists are targets in Thailand. Just last week, some soccer/football ref stabbed a dude for kicking him and then got beheaded and dismembered by the crowd watching. Admittedly, I think the admin of the site is batshit crazy since he goes on about Zionists and how Canada is a police state, but nonetheless seeing a bunch of attacks/murders on people in these countries is making me never want to go there.

I can't begin to imagine how pants shittingly scared and paranoid that I'd be mugged with a machete if I went to the World Cup in Brazil.

Then, all of the cartel stuff in Mexico and how gangrape is a national pass-time in India makes me never want to leave Canada, or Saskatchewan for that matter.

Maybe I need to see a therapist.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
The media always makes the issue seem more serious than it really is.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
"Just last week, some soccer/football ref stabbed a dude for kicking him and then got beheaded and dismembered by the crowd watching."

Eh, that was reasonable. Killed a guy for no reason so he gets killed. I'm okay with that.
Quote by Trowzaa
"Just last week, some soccer/football ref stabbed a dude for kicking him and then got beheaded and dismembered by the crowd watching."

Eh, that was reasonable. Killed a guy for no reason so he gets killed. I'm okay with that.

Beheading and dismembering is a bit much though.

There's only two places I don't want ever want to go to. Any Turkish football stadium, and pretty much the whole of Africa. The rest of the world is cool.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Quote by Colgate Total
According to this site, take this with a grain of salt, tourists are targets in Thailand.

They're targets for crime in every country you dolt
Don't look like a tourist. Pay attention to how "normal" people dress there. And for god sake, don't carry a friggin' backpack around with you. Even if you get lost, try and look like you meant to go there.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
The way Thailand is and with the amount of tourist inflow, its invariably going to have a shitload of horror stories involving tourists. Been there 3 times, stay out of trouble and its a pleasant place to go to

^If you're the only white person in any given non-white country, you'd look like a tourist regardless
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Jul 16, 2013,
My friends almost got pick pocketed and robbed by a taxi driver at bali. I'm not too keen on going there. Other than that, language barriers puts me off and I hate long flights.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
In a way. I visited Nicaragua a few years ago and I hated it. I was stared down nearly everywhere I went and I just felt persecuted at times.

But I also felt very rich so
pinga
There's bad news about every country. Try not to let it bother you. I've been to Central America twice and it's really not as drastic as it seems.

Still, there are real dangers and you need to be careful in some places. Make sure you know which areas are tourist-targeted or US-hating, and try not to stand out so much.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Your problem is you take everything you see or read on/in the news as definitive fact.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I don't have a fear of foreign countries, I just don't want to go there because of all the damn foreigners.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
That's like every country.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Disturbed_EMG
Wouldn't say I'm afraid of going to other countries, I just don't have a desire to travel.

My mom insists on dragging me along to the places she wants to go. Some of these places are cool and I wouldn't have seen them otherwise, but I really can't be bothered to go through with all the travel drama. Let me just stay in my country and rot.
Quote by Colgate Total
makes me never want to leave Canada, or Saskatchewan for that matter.

Maybe I need to see a therapist.

Yes you do, Saskatchewan is terrible.
Quote by Cianyx

^If you're the only white person in any given non-white country, you'd look like a tourist regardless

Then go in blackface, or yellowface, or whatever colored face best suits the majority of the population there.

Problem solved.
Not at all, I love traveling to other nations and experiencing other cultures.

I just take care to learn what I can before I go (including at least some of the language, if possible), be polite and considerate of local customs, be aware of my surroundings and where I should or should not go and follow the rules of any country gracious enough to host me.

Simple really.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I would never want to go to Mexico or Brazil in the first place as they are fairly fucked up countries. Thailand would be cool, though. And yeah, Saskatchewan really sucks.
Quote by RAB11
Beheading and dismembering is a bit much though.

There's only two places I don't want ever want to go to. Any Turkish football stadium, and pretty much the whole of Africa. The rest of the world is cool.

I wouldn't like to go to any eastern European football match, especially the ones with the notorious ultra groups.
Have you ever been to the United States of America?

Yeah...
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
My mate went to Poland just to go to a Warsaw match. I think it was a derby of some kind, a big game anyhow. Apparently it was beyond mental and they left early to avoid anything that was gonna go down outside the ground afterwards
No, not really.

I mean I'll avoid obviously dodgy locales, but pretty much in the same way I avoid dodgy parts of the city.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I don't know much about the other countries, but I would definitely stay away from Mexico. Even my Mexican family doesn't like going to Mexico anymore - but then, they all live in El Paso, which is right across from Ciudad Juarez, so they probably see the worst of the worst going on there.

India, Brazil and Thailand, I wouldn't have so much of a problem.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jul 16, 2013,
There's this country, the USA, something like that, heard some nasty things 'bout it man, school shootings, terrorist attacks, toddlers running around with guns shooting 'errbody, would definitely never want to visit that shithole.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by damian_91
There's this country, the USA, something like that, heard some nasty things 'bout it man, school shootings, terrorist attacks, toddlers running around with guns shooting 'errbody, would definitely never want to visit that shithole.

It's ALL true, and MORE!

You should stay away......
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I would really like to travel off continent. I didn't really get to do it much when I was younger as my parents just took me on road trips to other provinces ans maybe a few states.
Now that I'm an adult nearly finished university, I sort of feel left behind because I can't find anyone to travel with and I see old friends on facebook doing it.
Quote by willT08
My mate went to Poland just to go to a Warsaw match. I think it was a derby of some kind, a big game anyhow. Apparently it was beyond mental and they left early to avoid anything that was gonna go down outside the ground afterwards

"A match between local Warsaw rivals, Polonia Warszawa and Legia in April 2006 saw over 1,300 riot police, armed with CS gas and rifles with rubber bullets fail to control 3,000 fans. Instead of keeping the two sets of fans apart, the police shepherded them all into the city centre where running battles ensued.[9] A common feature of Polish hooligans is also ambushing rival fans then stealing their scarves and flags, before tying them to railings in the stadium and set on fire.[9]"

Yeah, it's a good job he left early.
I have a fear of not going to a foreign country.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
I'm planning on going to Brazil for the World Cup next year, since my budgeting allows for it.

Should be an amazing experience, I really don't buy into all the stuff in the media. Your general standard tourist who's just going with the flow and not getting involved in anything dodgy and isn't going to dodgy areas should be fine, especially at a big event like that where there will be extended security.

I'm trying to learn Portuguese too, so that might help slightly.

This time next year, the only occupied continent I won't have been to will be Oceania, which I should rectify by going to Australia at some point in my life. I don't count Antartica as a continent because that's just stupid
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Quote by digman50

I'm trying to learn Portuguese too, so that might help slightly.

Make sure to say "caralho" a lot, especially when addressing people. They love that.
Wubba lubba dub dub!