Hi everyone,

I've always enjoyed singing, just never been good at it at all. So I tried to get better, recording myself, listening to it, and try to improve.

So I decided to cover Just Like Heaven by The Cure, mainly because its a soft song and doesnt require too much projection. I'm 100% sure i'm a Bass, and I haven't quite managed anything higher than this at loud volume.

My main concern is my tone & pitch. I'm not sure about them, I can doubt my self all I want but until I get some feedback from others I'll never know

Soulmate - Just Like Heaven

Thanks!

Orxris
My Gear

Guitar
- Line 6 JTV89 Variax
- Ibanez s570
- Yamaha Pacifica 112 XJ
- Line 6 Spider III
- Line 6 Spider Valve MKII 212
- Line 6 POD HD500x

Synthesizer
- Roland Gaia SH-01
Overall, not too bad. It was a tiny bit pitchy in a couple places, but practice and you should be able to overcome that.

As Rensa said though, it is hard to get much out of this recording because the piano is so much louder than your voice. You need to project a bit more or sing louder.
Yes, project your voice more. You can hit the higher baritones you just have to really try. I couldn't even project my voice enough to sing until one day I just had enough and rudimentary taught myself.
Thanks everyone,

I've taught my self so far, so i'll keep trying with projection & pitch

And Aye, listening back I didn't do the mixing very well, I'll try and make it fit better soon.

Cheers

Orxris
My Gear

Guitar
- Line 6 JTV89 Variax
- Ibanez s570
- Yamaha Pacifica 112 XJ
- Line 6 Spider III
- Line 6 Spider Valve MKII 212
- Line 6 POD HD500x

Synthesizer
- Roland Gaia SH-01