Page 1 of 2
So yeah, my band recently got our first E.P. Back, and from a completley biased PoV, it sounds quite good :p

We're a metal core band with Cleans/Screams and the one vocalist does them both (Which is better professionally than having 3 different vocalists..)

Anyways, could someone maybe lists some record labels that might be worth a try sending our E.P. Too? Thanks

http:// tinyurl. com/ p2dr8do

If you put the above text into your browser but take away the spacesyou'll hear one of our songs so you know what we're going for.

Cheers
Last edited by PunkyPunk10 at Jul 16, 2013,
Quote by willT08
Back from where? Mastering?

Mastering and Mixing. The song posted also still needs full mixing, that was just a rough mix
Quote by PunkyPunk10
Mastering and Mixing. The song posted also still needs full mixing, that was just a rough mix

Okay. Why did you pay for all that if you hadn't figured out how you're gonna sell it?

I mean normally decent labels will pay for stuff to go off for mastering anyway, at least that's how it works in EDM. You can always do it yourself though.

Digital distribution, a lot of gigs and getting in with online promoters and bloggers will give you a fair chance to cover your losses at least
Quote by willT08
Okay. Why did you pay for all that if you hadn't figured out how you're gonna sell it?

I mean normally decent labels will pay for stuff to go off for mastering anyway, at least that's how it works in EDM. You can always do it yourself though.

Digital distribution, a lot of gigs and getting in with online promoters and bloggers will give you a fair chance to cover your losses at least

We didn't pay for it, the guy that recorded it mixed and mastered it in his own time and didn't want payment, so we didn't argue :p
Quote by PunkyPunk10
So yeah, my band recently got our first E.P. Back, and from a completley biased PoV, it sounds quite good :p
Lol @ this. I'll have a listen-through just to see.

Okay, so the song starts with pretty much the most generic sounding bullshit breakdown that any other young metalcore band composed of 14 year olds first writes, accompanied by very poorly mixed cheap $50 drum software with cheap, unrealistic drum samples and robotic programming. Shortly after, we're treated to extremely generic and predictable metalcore riff that's been done 8000 times in the past. And what's with the guitar effects? The delay is so bad it's laughable, like every 14 year old who discovered the effects knob on his Marshall MG for the first time in his life.

And also, you seemed to be raving about how awesome your vocalist is. If that's the case, what's with this hideously out-of-tune wailing that I'm hearing right now, as well as the piled layering and processing overtop of the harsh lines? Is this some kind of joke?

The verse riff is just as laughable as the rest, not to mention vomit inducing. It's almost as if you broke the fingers of the BFMV guitarists and forced them to write something on the spot.

And lol, is that a tempo change I just heard? My god, if your ego wasn't pretentious enough, you had to add a tempo change in the middle of the song. And it's senseless, it serves no purpose whatsoever! Tempo changes are stupid and pretentious unless you are playing very few styles of music. I can assure you that Metalcore is not one of them. Take up some free jazz if you want to do tempo changes, but here it just simply makes you sound mentally challenged.

Chord progression follows the usual EDC path. So creative, just so creative. And the drumbeat is really cute too. Like, we haven't heard that a million times already in all of shitty modern mainstream metal.

And what the fuck is this shit I'm hearing now? What's with the random gay ass shouting? And lol, is that a breakdown? Breakdowns stopped being cool after 2009. Get with the goddamn program. On top of it, more of the generic chord progression, more of the overly processed screaming, more of the out of tune vocals. This song almost sounds like a satire of metalcore at this point. To add to that aspect, it's even funny like a satire would be.

Ugh god, that clean/major key section. Am I in high school again? WTF is this shit? It's like you brought back the mid-2000's Darkest Hour/BMFV whiny softcore bullshit sound. It's so generic, uncreative, and vomit inducing, I'd rather be listening to Michael Bolton ballads over this.

My rating? If this is a satire, 9/10. If you are serious with this, 1/10. And your pretentious ego doesn't help that score too much btw.

It's so cute you think a record label wants to sign your ass with this pathetic, cheesy bullshitcore.
Last edited by Ian_the_fox at Jul 16, 2013,
You know, being harsh to people can be very funny. Ian can't do it. Xiaoxi and Crunk can. You can't, Ian.
Well, that's pretty similar to how I review/critique my own songs, as well as half the music I listen to/discover.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Ian, can you do us all a favour and get your fist to serve your face a good ol' mug's worth of shut the f*ck up?
All I have is whole bean, and my grinder is broken. Sorry.
Nah, crunk tries too hard and goes on the cringey side of things. Xiaoxi nails it.

Good for you, have you ever thought that this is why you're not a professional reviewer?

Quote by Ian_the_fox
Lol @ this. I'll have a listen-through just to see.

Okay, so the song starts with pretty much the most generic sounding bullshit breakdown that any other young metalcore band composed of 14 year olds first writes, accompanied by very poorly mixed cheap $50 drum software with cheap, unrealistic drum samples and robotic programming. Shortly after, we're treated to extremely generic and predictable metalcore riff that's been done 8000 times in the past. And what's with the guitar effects? The delay is so bad it's laughable, like every 14 year old who discovered the effects knob on his Marshall MG for the first time in his life.

And also, you seemed to be raving about how awesome your vocalist is. If that's the case, what's with this hideously out-of-tune wailing that I'm hearing right now, as well as the piled layering and processing overtop of the harsh lines? Is this some kind of joke?

The verse riff is just as laughable as the rest, not to mention vomit inducing. It's almost as if you broke the fingers of the BFMV guitarists and forced them to write something on the spot.

And lol, is that a tempo change I just heard? My god, if your ego wasn't pretentious enough, you had to add a tempo change in the middle of the song. And it's senseless, it serves no purpose whatsoever! Tempo changes are stupid and pretentious unless you are playing very few styles of music. I can assure you that Metalcore is not one of them. Take up some free jazz if you want to do tempo changes, but here it just simply makes you sound mentally challenged.

Chord progression follows the usual EDC path. So creative, just so creative. And the drumbeat is really cute too. Like, we haven't heard that a million times already in all of shitty modern mainstream metal.

And what the fuck is this shit I'm hearing now? What's with the random gay ass shouting? And lol, is that a breakdown? Breakdowns stopped being cool after 2009. Get with the goddamn program. On top of it, more of the generic chord progression, more of the overly processed screaming, more of the out of tune vocals. This song almost sounds like a satire of metalcore at this point. To add to that aspect, it's even funny like a satire would be.

Ugh god, that clean/major key section. Am I in high school again? WTF is this shit? It's like you brought back the mid-2000's Darkest Hour/BMFV whiny softcore bullshit sound. It's so generic, uncreative, and vomit inducing, I'd rather be listening to Michael Bolton ballads over this.

My rating? If this is a satire, 9/10. If you are serious with this, 1/10. And your pretentious ego doesn't help that score too much btw.

It's so cute you think a record label wants to sign your ass with this pathetic, cheesy bullshitcore.

Lets see how anything you can write adds up then and send me something you've came up with? If you can't, then you are in no position to judge to such an extent.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Well, that's pretty similar to how I review/critique my own songs, as well as half the music I listen to/discover.

All I have is whole bean, and my grinder is broken. Sorry.

You misunderstand me. Mug is slang for face. Punch yourself in the entire face.
Quote by PunkyPunk10
Lets see how anything you can write adds up then and send me something you've came up with? If you can't, then you are in no position to judge to such an extent.

Mate, we've asked this before. He'll come back with nothing because he's an untalented, self-loathing miser who wanks on to his shits or something
Quote by PunkyPunk10

To be fair, I do hate this argument. I don't need to be a master chef to know if I don't like a certain food just like I don't need to be a master composer to know if I don't like a song.
I always see people hating on Ian and though I thought it was funny, I kind of wondered why it was warranted. I now know.
Quote by Ian_the_fox

And lol, is that a tempo change I just heard? My god, if your ego wasn't pretentious enough, you had to add a tempo change in the middle of the song.

My favourite line.
Quote by Tag43
I always see people hating on Ian and though I thought it was funny, I kind of wondered why it was warranted. I now know.

That and the fact he wears adult diapers.
The funny part, is that someone would spend so much time on such a long post, with clearly FORCED ranting and mumbling in attempt to get attention, obviously has no life.
Last edited by PunkyPunk10 at Jul 16, 2013,
Quote by Ian_the_fox
*rant*

Seriously man, that was extremely uncalled for. Ever heard of constructive criticism?
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Last edited by the bartender at Jul 16, 2013,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I thought defecating was too pretentious?

He only wanks at one speed whilst shitting
Quote by PunkyPunk10
Alright I've been hesitant to share this track because while being the most finished of what I have, it's still unfinished. Particularly the drum programming and the missing solos.

But, I'm tired of losing arguments, so:

https://soundcloud.com/cherry-fox-ian/lumi-demo/s-kpurw

And here's a criticism of it I wrote 3 weeks ago of it. Written in third person:

Okay, I’m 3 seconds into the song and what the living fuck am I hearing? Is it that usual 3 string riff every beginner guitar player first plays when he tunes to Drop D for the first time? Except we now have a full band accompaniment as if it’s supposed to “enhance” its lacking in substance, and it’s in Drop C because this fucking loser carries a pretentious ego and doesn’t wanna be “mainstream” by just playing in Drop D, or his singer is a shitty weak-ranged baritone singer who probably sucks just as much as this fucker. And if it is him, I’m afraid to hear his horrendous singing.

So after we’re dragged through this poorly drawn out open-string drop-D noob riff for about, I don’t know, 60 times too many over the pathetically poor and incompetent programmed drums, were’ then treated to a chord changing riff between the F and the C# chord. Like that chord change? Hope you do, because you’re about to be treated to it several hundred times through this clusterfuck of a song.

After a short, uninspiring breakaway we’re then treated to the most god-awful thrash section with an uninspiring riff bad enough to make Kerry King cringe. The single riff is copy-pasted pretty much several times before a transition that consists of quite possibly the most pretentious chord in existence. He simply plays a barred A#sus2 while barring the first 3 strings along with it. And strumming it in a special way as if it’s supposed to give some sort of “magical” sound or some shit. Instead, it just sounds pretentious, uninspired, and no more creative than your average 13 year old after 3 months of Rocksmith.

Then we are FINALLY treated to what appears to be the first verse, a painfully bad chugged off-beat riff that sounds like the riff of every pretentious 13 year old LoG ripoff guitarist in the world. Again, with that chord pattern between F and C# the rest of the riff becomes predictable, before we transition into the next riff.

And as if it couldn’t get any worse, it does. 4 chugs, and a Bb octave thing. Is that the best he can offer? Really? Sit through that extremely poor, god-knows-what-the-fu ck riff that’s hashed a few hundered times without vomiting, and you get to the chorus riff. Again, more drop-d noobness thrown your way and the typical F-C# chord thing before the next verse.

So it starts the same as the first verse, but there’s something different this time around. Instead of two separate guitar parts, both guitar tracks are now just playing the same exact part. How creative! Following that we get a painfully poorly thought out speed section altering between 2 generic metal chords, and then the overhashed octave thing again.

After that we’re treated to a bridge with a slight in-between riff which gives us a sense of some creativity, but no. We’re dragged into the most generic, poorly thought out, overhashed, and predictable breakdown ever written. Get with the program kid, breakdowns stopped being cool in 2007. No one likes them except high schoolers.

Following is a pause where the guitarist decides to show us how “educated” he is with music theory and scales by forcing a brainless, senseless Dorian riff down our throats. Right here is the point where you think the song ought to end. But no, we’re treated to quite possibly the most hilarious part of all: A time signature change? Seriously? Who the fuck do you think you are kid? Rush? Pettrucci? Some Jazz master? This time signature change as absolutely NO purpose whatsoever except to allow this fag to claim his music is “progressive” and talk about how “technical” his music is. It doesn’t sound good, and is nothing but pretentious.

And something else that’s been bothering me throughout this whole track is the extremely unnecessary manner in which the chords are being executed. Why are they being played in full instead of power chords? Is this some attempt to sound “big” with the guitars or something? Whenever I hear this I pass this off as pretentious guitarist losers using cheap tricks to make their guitar sound bigger. It’s pointless, stupid, and sounds like shit.

The riffs through this section sound like they were ripped straight from the Pirates of the Caribbean theme, and there appears to be a blank one chord hammering as if solos are to be lain overtop. God forbid we would have to endure this idiot playing guitar solos.

And if the first time sig change wasn’t pretentious enough, we’re treated to yet ANOTHER one, with more generic metalcore sounding riffs. But ANOTHER time signature change? What does this kid think he is, some fucking Mozart or some shit?

We’re then treated to a rehash of the hope-raising riff from the bridge, a rehash of the thrash section of the beginning, a rehash of the already overhashed octave riff from earlier, and a rehash of the Drop-D noob riff from the beginning. Finishing with an overhashed one chord outro riff.

Notice how many times the word “hash” is used in that last paragraph. Because that’s just what this song is. Overhashed nonstop, pathetic, too long, and pretentious. I pity any of those who choose to find this enjoyable or write in this style. Final rating? 2/10, for at least trying.
Last edited by Ian_the_fox at Jul 16, 2013,
For a serious answer, if you're looking at labels you might try Rise Records, Victory Records, Earache Records, Sumerian Records, maybe Roadrunner?

Just some suggestions from searching online. Hope things work well for you and your band.
Quote by Trowzaa
Actually cringed so much whilst reading that.
Yeah, formatting didn't particularly transfer right.

See why I don't ever get shit done? Or enjoy music anymore? That's why.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Alright I've been hesitant to share this track because while being the most finished of what I have, it's still unfinished. Particularly the drum programming and the missing solos.

And here's a criticism of it I wrote 3 weeks ago of it.

Haha, best part is you have the cheek to abuse other people. Congratulations sir, you can play 3 notes and the occasional pick harmonic.
Quote by Ian_the_fox

And here's a criticism of it I wrote 3 weeks ago of it. Written in third person:

Okay, I’m 3 seconds into the song and what the living fuck am I hearing? Is it that usual 3 string riff every beginner guitar player first plays when he tunes to Drop D for the first time? Except we now have a full band accompaniment as if it’s supposed to “enhance” its lacking in substance, and it’s in Drop C because this fucking loser carries a pretentious ego and doesn’t wanna be “mainstream” by just playing in Drop D, or his singer is a shitty weak-ranged baritone singer who probably sucks just as much as this fucker. And if it is him, I’m afraid to hear his horrendous singing.

So after we’re dragged through this poorly drawn out open-string drop-D noob riff for about, I don’t know, 60 times too many over the pathetically poor and incompetent programmed drums, were’ then treated to a chord changing riff between the F and the C# chord. Like that chord change? Hope you do, because you’re about to be treated to it several hundred times through this clusterfuck of a song.

After a short, uninspiring breakaway we’re then treated to the most god-awful thrash section with an uninspiring riff bad enough to make Kerry King cringe. The single riff is copy-pasted pretty much several times before a transition that consists of quite possibly the most pretentious chord in existence. He simply plays a barred A#sus2 while barring the first 3 strings along with it. And strumming it in a special way as if it’s supposed to give some sort of “magical” sound or some shit. Instead, it just sounds pretentious, uninspired, and no more creative than your average 13 year old after 3 months of Rocksmith.

Then we are FINALLY treated to what appears to be the first verse, a painfully bad chugged off-beat riff that sounds like the riff of every pretentious 13 year old LoG ripoff guitarist in the world. Again, with that chord pattern between F and C# the rest of the riff becomes predictable, before we transition into the next riff.

And as if it couldn’t get any worse, it does. 4 chugs, and a Bb octave thing. Is that the best he can offer? Really? Sit through that extremely poor, god-knows-what-the-fu ck riff that’s hashed a few hundered times without vomiting, and you get to the chorus riff. Again, more drop-d noobness thrown your way and the typical F-C# chord thing before the next verse.

So it starts the same as the first verse, but there’s something different this time around. Instead of two separate guitar parts, both guitar tracks are now just playing the same exact part. How creative! Following that we get a painfully poorly thought out speed section altering between 2 generic metal chords, and then the overhashed octave thing again.

After that we’re treated to a bridge with a slight in-between riff which gives us a sense of some creativity, but no. We’re dragged into the most generic, poorly thought out, overhashed, and predictable breakdown ever written. Get with the program kid, breakdowns stopped being cool in 2007. No one likes them except high schoolers.

Following is a pause where the guitarist decides to show us how “educated” he is with music theory and scales by forcing a brainless, senseless Dorian riff down our throats. Right here is the point where you think the song ought to end. But no, we’re treated to quite possibly the most hilarious part of all: A time signature change? Seriously? Who the fuck do you think you are kid? Rush? Pettrucci? Some Jazz master? This time signature change as absolutely NO purpose whatsoever except to allow this fag to claim his music is “progressive” and talk about how “technical” his music is. It doesn’t sound good, and is nothing but pretentious.

And something else that’s been bothering me throughout this whole track is the extremely unnecessary manner in which the chords are being executed. Why are they being played in full instead of power chords? Is this some attempt to sound “big” with the guitars or something? Whenever I hear this I pass this off as pretentious guitarist losers using cheap tricks to make their guitar sound bigger. It’s pointless, stupid, and sounds like shit.

The riffs through this section sound like they were ripped straight from the Pirates of the Caribbean theme, and there appears to be a blank one chord hammering as if solos are to be lain overtop. God forbid we would have to endure this idiot playing guitar solos.

And if the first time sig change wasn’t pretentious enough, we’re treated to yet ANOTHER one, with more generic metalcore sounding riffs. But ANOTHER time signature change? What does this kid think he is, some fucking Mozart or some shit?

We’re then treated to a rehash of the hope-raising riff from the bridge, a rehash of the thrash section of the beginning, a rehash of the already overhashed octave riff from earlier, and a rehash of the Drop-D noob riff from the beginning. Finishing with an overhashed one chord outro riff.

Notice how many times the word “hash” is used in that last paragraph. Because that’s just what this song is. Overhashed nonstop, pathetic, too long, and pretentious. I pity any of those who choose to find this enjoyable or write in this style. Final rating? 2/10, for at least trying.

u ned 2 get in 2 adult mussic lik jasz
Quote by PunkyPunk10
Haha, best part is you have the cheek to abuse other people. Congratulations sir, you can play 3 notes and the occasional pick harmonic.

Isn't that what metalcore is all about?
I have nothing important to say
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Anyone want a fox diaper?
Oh god, this makes me think of those horrifying diaper-transformation images.

Yes unfortunately that fetish variation exists. And no, I'm not into it.

Quote by PunkyPunk10
You've now demonstrated how you're unable to count and you fail at guitar terminology.

No wonder why your choice of music is genericore.
Quote by PunkyPunk10

A lot of the time, I'd say this is a stupid thing to say, but for Ian, go for it.

First, this belongs in the Promote Your Band Forum. Second, I listened to the whole song and didn't think it was terrible. It's really generic sounding, but it sounds like you guys could at least make it to a full length, so kudos to you.
Page 1 of 2