First of all i'm into rhcp, hendrix, led zeppelin etc.

I'm looking to learn how to solo alot better because at the moment i'm stuck in abit of a melodic rutt.

I'd like to learn how to do all of those crazy fast pentatonic licks that I could use to improvise to the likes of hendrix, led zep, rhcp etc

I like using youtube to learn as i find i just dont have the patience to read a book, or dont have the money to pay for lessons.

Did you use any youtube lessons? Who did you find best
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke
I have no idea where this notion over the past four or five years has come from that youtube videos can replace in-person lessons. Supplement very well yes, help yes, but be the central lesson, no. It has to be personalized.

I'm not trying to attack you or make you feel under attack, but please believe me when I say there is not a youtube video out there that's going to substitute sitting down with someone in-person.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
I personally find tab and chords a lot more helpful than an instruction video.

Learning to do anything fast is usually a matter of learning to do it (well) slowly, and then speeding up gradually. You might as well just study some of Hendrix' solos and go slow.

It can be a pain to sit down with sheets of music (or tab) and painstakingly figure out what the notes are, but it's probably the best option if you can't learn directly from an instructor. The youtube video player is not set up for a lot of fast-forwarding, rewinding, pausing and rewinding. The damn thing usually breaks the first time I try to fast-forward it.
You should look up Marty Schwartz lessons on Youtube.
He has many free Blues lessons.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
Yea, learning licks is pointless if you don't know the basic theory behind it, what scale it belongs to etc.

Learn the pentatonics and improvise in them, learn licks and transpose them to different positions.

You can't teach speed, it comes with good technique.

www.justinguitar.com is the best though.